Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khans DVD called "Khan the Champion"

Ah. We need to just try and ignore stuff like this. It's not like Khan said his DVD must say that. Would you buy "Khan the technical decision of MAB"

No

This is obviusly just his PR team managers or laweys or whatever.They make the DVD to make money.Just dont buy it and judge him by his last fight like any other prospect.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wont be buying it.Khan is a good fast boxer with great skills but he has'nt really got to the world stage as in pedigree yet to start calling himself as the champ!!I feel he'll get less fans now by stating his dvd as that!He's way behind in pedigree to call himself a champion.Yeah maybe champion in the future(say like a year or two time)but not now!!Too early!Sounds like he's ahead of himself!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing: Amir Khan wants a rematch with Breidis Prescott before he takes world title challenge | Sport | guardian.co.uk

This interview supports the fact that Khan doesn't think he's on Hatton's level. He says the only advantage he has over him is handspeed, which is undeniable. Looks like Warren didn't get too much influence in this interview

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does he have approval over things sold in his name? He could say hang about that's a pile of crap I don't want my name on it £$

Champion of what?

In some peoples eyes any criticism of Khan = racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    does he have approval over things sold in his name? He could say hang about that's a pile of crap I don't want my name on it £$

Champion of what?

If anyone puts any of the criticisms of Khan down to racism, then they surely don't deserve to be boxing fans, that's just ludicrous.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi clint but it does happen and sadly it's happened on this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly?...wow that's pretty low and totally ignorant, every boxer gets criticised on this forum, but only for what they do or don't do, nothing else. I just don't see how it can be perceived as racism at all unless the people saying it's so are total morons!....but I guess you're bound to find a few retards here n there

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clintuk View Post

Honestly?...wow that's pretty low and totally ignorant, every boxer gets criticised on this forum, but only for what they do or don't do, nothing else. I just don't see how it can be perceived as racism at all unless the people saying it's so are total morons!....but I guess you're bound to find a few retards here n there
    lol I think we do pretty well on the retard:sensible poster ratio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol I think we do pretty well on the retard:sensible poster ratio.
    Ha, well I dunno...I think if it's sensible:retard ratio I'd say it's about 4:1 ... most people seem sensible on here to me...well, so far

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I think that's either Warren or the rabid British sports media talkin shit. He definitely said he couldn't beat Ricky as of now, it might still be up on SkySports.com. I've noticed that Amir Khan gets quoted as saying allsorts, even when I've seen the press conference, and he's said nothing of the sort. The boxing journalists of this country seem to love nothing better than editorializing his words and making them more controversial. This keeps him in the news, but then doesn't endear him to most fan. No doubt that bastard Warren encourages it

Warren is a nobhead but he knows what he's doing, just giving the public a reason to talk about him, no matter how he performs or who he fights. Whether it's bad press or not doesn't really matter to Warren, as long as he's in the spotlight he gets attention and gets the fight fans talking.

The DVD title is ridiculous though, I like watching Khan fight but all the bigging up after a very controversial win over Barerra is starting to irritate me I have to admit.

But then no publicity is bad publicity
    Where exactly has all this 'bigging up' regarding his win over Barrera taken place? All I've seen online is every man and his dog whining about the cut and how the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC.

Care to post some links to these 'bigging up' sensationalised reports that are irritating you so much?
    Talk to blokes in the pub etc Bilbo. :-/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Champion of what?

I have no knowledge of the situation, but as he is signed to Warren I would imagine he does not have much control over anything.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

Warren is a nobhead but he knows what he's doing, just giving the public a reason to talk about him, no matter how he performs or who he fights. Whether it's bad press or not doesn't really matter to Warren, as long as he's in the spotlight he gets attention and gets the fight fans talking.

The DVD title is ridiculous though, I like watching Khan fight but all the bigging up after a very controversial win over Barerra is starting to irritate me I have to admit.

But then no publicity is bad publicity
    Where exactly has all this 'bigging up' regarding his win over Barrera taken place? All I've seen online is every man and his dog whining about the cut and how the fight should have been stopped and ruled a NC.

Care to post some links to these 'bigging up' sensationalised reports that are irritating you so much?
    Without exception every single non boxing fan mate I have laughed their asses off when Amir Khan got sparked. I was actually out clubbing the night it happened and was in a pub when he got sparked. Somebody asked a barman if he knew how the fight went and he said he got sparked in 30 seconds to which everyone within earshot (about 30 or so people) all cheered and laughed and said 'haha the paki cunt'.

I'm sure this happened in pubs around the country.

I can't imagine any casual sports fan in a pub seriously saying that Khan boxed superbly against Barrera and showed great improvement everyone will be saying he's a paki twat and they hate him.

Sorry if that offends people but that IS the reality if you go to any pub on a Friday or Satruday night and ask random blokes what they think of him.

I'd say 3 out 5 would say the exact word 'fucking paki twat'.

Ironicallly I don't really see this as racism in a sinister sense as much as I do just normal drunken laddish behaviour but I do find your idea of drunken blokes in a pub debating the Khan Barrera fight in a respectful manner to be quite nieve.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Without exception every single non boxing fan mate I have laughed their asses off when Amir Khan got sparked. I was actually out clubbing the night it happened and was in a pub when he got sparked. Somebody asked a barman if he knew how the fight went and he said he got sparked in 30 seconds to which everyone within earshot (about 30 or so people) all cheered and laughed and said 'haha the paki cunt'.

I can't imagine any casual sports fan in a pub seriously saying that Khan boxed superbly against Barrera and showed great improvement everyone will be saying he's a paki twat and they hate him.

Sorry if that offends people but that IS the reality if you go to any pub on a Friday or Satruday night and ask random blokes what they think of him.

Ironicallly I don't really see this as racism in a sinister sense as much as I do just normal drunken laddish behaviour but I do find your idea of drunken blokes in a pub debating the Khan Barrera fight in a respectful manner to be quite nieve.
    No, that really is racism, it doesn't have to involve lynchings to classify as it. Mate, normal drunken laddish behaviour must have some very worrying connotations in your bits of England

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

No, that really is racism, it doesn't have to involve lynchings to classify as it. Mate, normal drunken laddish behaviour must have some very worrying connotations in your bits of England
    Nah what I mean is it that the vast majority of those who say that arn't saying because they have Hitler Germany type cleansing beliefs of different races but more because they are drunken loutish lads to whom slagging someone off on behalf of their colour is no different from slagging them off because of their size, regional birth place, whether they wear glasses, physical appearance etc.

These same people if they were Man Utf fans might tell you that Steve Gerrard a is bindipping scouse cunt or that Jade Goody is an ugly thick as shit fat pig, or that Timmy Mallet is a four eyed fucking weird freak etc.

There's no specific hate reserved for Khan on account of his race than there is for those other people on account of their club loyalties, perceived lack of talent, being a glasses wearing oddball etc.

That's what I mean when I don;t consider it racism as those remarks about Khan constitute something more sinister and worrying than the other remarks drunken blokes will make about other people.

Anyway this is way off topic! Basically the point I am challenging is the idea that casual sports fan and the general public are in any way hyped up for Khan and that in particular people sing his praises in pubs. I have never heard his praise being sung by an ordinary bloke on the street who wasn't a boxing fan, ever. In fact I'd say he's up there with Jade Goody in the list of those people who are struggling to achieve widespread respect.

I imagine Missy and Miles views of Amir Khan are echoed by millions more people than my own in that I really like and respect the kid and think he has the talent to go a long way. If you ran a pub poll and asked opinions I think my view would not be nationally shared one.

Incidently this has to do with hype more than race imo. I don't know any non hardcore boxing fans who like Audley Harrsion or James De Gale. Again two fighters that have very negative connotations around them and who will always struggle to find respect, at least until they really achieve something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

should of called it "Khan the Future Champion"

that would cheese us off even more

Thread Information