0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs. Cintron...bad move

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    15 Rounder - I couldn't agree more. It's too soon for Cintron.

Cintron is too live and too big a puncher to put in with Canelo now. If Jose Cotto can wobble him, Cintron will knock him out. I would be very impressed with his team if they actually put him in with Canelo.
    But isn't Canelo supposed to be a champ and earning big bucks on TV. What can be too soon? It's like JCC Jr, a massive hoax to string people along on the way up and yet still claim to be a champion. These people need to fight people who can beat them. That is the challenge.
    Canelo is no more a champ than you or I. He's just got a strap. The kid is still a prospect. A popular one, but a prospect nonetheless.
    He's more of a champ than you to be fair. He has a strap, and also a boxing license. You have a Saddo account and maybe a subscription with HBO?

See the difference?
    MAYBE a subscription to HBO? MAYBE? Sir, I'll have you know I overpay for both Showtime and HBO!

Harumph!
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs. Cintron...bad move

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Cintron is too live and too big a puncher to put in with Canelo now. If Jose Cotto can wobble him, Cintron will knock him out. I would be very impressed with his team if they actually put him in with Canelo.
    But isn't Canelo supposed to be a champ and earning big bucks on TV. What can be too soon? It's like JCC Jr, a massive hoax to string people along on the way up and yet still claim to be a champion. These people need to fight people who can beat them. That is the challenge.
    Canelo is no more a champ than you or I. He's just got a strap. The kid is still a prospect. A popular one, but a prospect nonetheless.
    He's more of a champ than you to be fair. He has a strap, and also a boxing license. You have a Saddo account and maybe a subscription with HBO?

See the difference?
    MAYBE a subscription to HBO? MAYBE? Sir, I'll have you know I overpay for both Showtime and HBO!

Harumph!
    My apologies, seems I under estimated you!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a welterweight Cintron power on a 1 to 10 scale was a 9. At 154 it's like a 6. He's no killer as a Junior Middleweight. I see no reason Alvarez can't beat him. Aside from the Williams fight in which he fucked up on his attempt at a Swanson bomb, Cintron has fought one scrub (doesn't count) and Martinez and Angulo. The Martinez fight was no draw. Cintron lost the fight. He beat Angulo. But it's obvious Angulo wasn't at 100%. Cintron was able to box him cuz even at 100% Angulo is pretty fucking slow. That game plan wouldn't work against Alvarez. I think Alvarez would put a beating on him. Forcing him to quit. The Cotto fight is something people will try and use against Alvarez chin. But it doesn't hold to much sense. Alvarez was struggling to make weight. That affected him. If I remember correctly they actually had to settle for making 150 cuz he was draining himself to much. His ability to take a punch is better now that he doesn't have to struggle with weight

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Cintron well enough, but do you ever notice how he usually comes out on the short end of the stick in title fights? Based on this, i'd have to see Cintron defeating Canelo to believe it, because with Cintron you never know WTF you might get.

If Canelo-Cintron does get made, i'd have to go with Cinnamon boy, Kermit doesn't like it to the body and that might be the difference in the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as those two are concerned, well I don't know about jcc jr yet, but canelo is no hoax. He is however, a pure mexican fighter. And when you decide to start your boxing career in Mexico, you pretty much have to turn pro right away because their amateur program is for shit. That being said, these guys pretty much do their "amateur" career by fighting a ton of scrubs in pro fights. Very few come out in the wash and get major attention like Canelo. It was literally handed to jcc jr. That's why I don't think Canelo is a hoax. Ryan Rhodes was a reasonable opponent that could have given Canelo atlease a little bit of trouble but gave him none. And Canelo BEAT him up. Canelo is the hungrier fighter of the two because he's lived the poverty life and I'm betting every man that steps into the ring to face him he views as someone trying to put him back there. Chavez, don't bitch up when the time comes. That silver spoon will be filled with cinnamon punches.

Thread Information