Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My opinion of Amir Khan

People seem to forget about Naz
    Right now Amir is no where near as good and i dont think he has the natural talent Naz had.

As much as i hated him i think if he stayed with Ingle, didnt listen his yes men brothers plus belive his own hype he would be still around today maybe number 1 p4p

check out this vid i did on him
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=naseem+hamed

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tonythedon
    people compare them to much just because they are both of asain descent.

No they are not. Khan's parents are from Pakistan, so I'll give you than. Naseem's family are from Yemen, which makes him an Arab not an Asian.

Genetically totally different, but hey they are both brown skinned so they must be the same, right?

I think Khan has a nice economical style, he fights in straight lines (ie he tends not to circle so much, and does not throw wide looping punches) and has reasonable technique. He looks very good going forward and he - maybe purposely - elected to box the Hungarian off the back foot this time. He showed that he can get quite disorganised in defence and he is definitely a work in progress (as you would expect such a young guy to be in his 7th pro fight.

He needs to make sure that he works on those technical flaws, and stops showboating, as he seems not to have the one punch kayo power to get his out of trouble.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Quote Originally Posted by tonythedon
    people compare them to much just because they are both of asain descent.

[color=blue]Genetically totally different, but hey they are both brown skinned so they must be the same, right?[color]
    He's not saying they are the same, they have been put into the same social group by people comparing them simply because of the culture we have in britian where people of any Middle Eastern tend to group together whilst Oriental/african/caribean/white people normally mix it up... Then you have places down south where every one is segrigated....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have different humour You can tell somebody a joke in Pakistan and the guy in Yemen wont Laugh Because he cant hear it boom boom and F;;;ing boom
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    They have different humour You can tell somebody a joke in Pakistan and the guy in Yemen wont Laugh Because he cant hear it boom boom and F;;;ing boom
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    Right now Amir is no where near as good and i dont think he has the natural talent Naz had.

As much as i hated him i think if he stayed with Ingle, didnt listen his yes men brothers plus belive his own hype he would be still around today maybe number 1 p4p

that video is old, it is certainly not yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Daisukey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that you cannot be so swift to judge naseem. Sure he was arrogant and annoying and if you weren't supporting him he was obnoxious in and out of the ring, but that was his style. He fought in a very all or nothing kind of way. His style is similar to that of the drunken master in kkung fu where you intentionally seem to be off balance so you canthrow punches from directions people do not expect, therefore opening up their defences. The weakness to fighting this way is when you do get caught you get caught hard and it is also not a very good style when under pressure of fighting in close. Barrera was not cautious of Naseem during the fight, and went forwards. To be honest he did not always employ fair boxing skill (head to turnbuckle) but did fairly beat hamed who unfortunately could not recover his ego to fight in his old style without which he was nothing. A sad loss for boxing!

"But he was an arrogant prick," yeah perhaps but he was amazing to watch. Only 6 people inhis career lasted the distance and that was entertaining to watch and so was his flamboyant nature entering and inside the ring (although he did sound like a wanker in his post fight interviews). Whether you watched him hoping for a spectacle or hoping to see him get knocked out you watched him and he provided entertainment. I would love to see another fighter like him which turns a division upside down. Although not Amir Khan because I think he could have a genuine long fight career where as fighting in this style is always going to cause a shorter career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbird13
    I think that you cannot be so swift to judge naseem. Sure he was arrogant and annoying and if you weren't supporting him he was obnoxious in and out of the ring, but that was his style. He fought in a very all or nothing kind of way. His style is similar to that of the drunken master in kkung fu where you intentionally seem to be off balance so you canthrow punches from directions people do not expect, therefore opening up their defences. The weakness to fighting this way is when you do get caught you get caught hard and it is also not a very good style when under pressure of fighting in close. Barrera was not cautious of Naseem during the fight, and went forwards. To be honest he did not always employ fair boxing skill (head to turnbuckle) but did fairly beat hamed who unfortunately could not recover his ego to fight in his old style without which he was nothing. A sad loss for boxing!

"But he was an arrogant prick," yeah perhaps but he was amazing to watch. Only 6 people inhis career lasted the distance and that was entertaining to watch and so was his flamboyant nature entering and inside the ring (although he did sound like a wanker in his post fight interviews). Whether you watched him hoping for a spectacle or hoping to see him get knocked out you watched him and he provided entertainment. I would love to see another fighter like him which turns a division upside down. Although not Amir Khan because I think he could have a genuine long fight career where as fighting in this style is always going to cause a shorter career.
    nice post CC
    But i wouldn't say that Naz was obnoxious outside the ring, he was a nice man.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually I think they are both overratted.

I don't expect Amir to win a world title any time soon if at all, unless it's the WBU title.

He has talent for sure but his defense is terrible, he wastes far too much energy leaping and jumping around the ring and he can't punch.

He's exciting to watch but as soon as he gets in with a fighter who can fight and punch he's going to get stopped.

His first real test will come when he faces Kevin Mitchell some time next year. I think he will get stopped to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitchell defence is just as bad and his power is hype.

El Kabong Guest

I don't rate Naz or Kahn.

Naz fought one top fighter and got his ass whipped everyone else he fought was at an angle, they guys were old, shot, or up and comers

Kahn hasn't done enough to be talked about this much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77

that video is old, it is certainly not yours
    No, im not claiming I made that Vid
    Ive met the guy who did it though.
    looking at makes you remember how skilled he was although his calibre of oppenents wasnt great

Thread Information