Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson. Who Wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson

On to Round 2
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest Heavyweight of All-Time, Round 1: Jack Johnson vs. Mike Tyson

Tyson stops him around the 8th round. Johnson was no Michael Spinks. He wouldn't go out the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In some instances I dismiss Mike Tyson, but I do have to say that at the peak of his career which was a short 2-3 year span... He was a monster.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iron Mike all the way. He just had a hammer of a punch that I don't think Jacky boy could have competed with.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Johnson had an old fighting style from early 1900s you think that style would of worked against a fighter like Mike ?? [/quote]

Ice, don't be so modern-centric (!)

The reason that the fighting style of the early 1900's was used was because it worked. Those guys were not prehistoric cavemen, they were as clever, intelligent and able as anybody around today. Jack was also bigger than Tyson. Johnson was a hard sonavabitch who lived a tough life - I think he would even intimidate Tyson.

They were tougher, as we are much more mollycoddled in the west these days. With a 45 round fight, held in the middle of the afternoon, tiny gloves, a casual enforcement of the Queesnberry Rules etc ..... Johnson's style is absolutely ideal for that sort of warfare. Mike would burn out or break his hands (never mind how he would implode with Johnson taunting him all the time)

Johnson is the complete fighter - Tyson, too, was a monster in his time ........ I fear that this poll is just getting too modern-centric with people not knowing enough about some of these other guys, how they lived and fought etc ....... they are not revered a hundred years later without good reason!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson over 12 rounds. Johnson if it was 45.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information