Thread: Anthony Small facebook status.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Small facebook status.

Why will it stop him from fighting again? Probably 99.5% of the country have never even heard of him, let alone are outraged by his views.

David Icke has written that both Tony Blair and the Queen have engaged in child sacrifice and are actually lizards, and his career is booming.

I don't see why appearing a protest rally and posting things on his facebook will affect him getting fights at all.

Losing to Sam Webb on the other hand.........

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

99.5 percent of the country dont organise fights.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    True, but i still reckon more than 1 promoter will see the potential for something like this to work in his favour, as far as selling tickets go. The more the media report on him, the more publicity he receives. The more general sports fans hear about him, the more chance there is of them wanting to see him fight, even if it's just out of curiousity. Besides, it shouldn't be a crime for him to have his own opinion on something. Some might find it offensive, but others find offense with a notion that all soldiers are unconditional heroes.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    True, but i still reckon more than 1 promoter will see the potential for something like this to work in his favour, as far as selling tickets go. The more the media report on him, the more publicity he receives. The more general sports fans hear about him, the more chance there is of them wanting to see him fight, even if it's just out of curiousity. Besides, it shouldn't be a crime for him to have his own opinion on something. Some might find it offensive, but others find offense with a notion that all soldiers are unconditional heroes.

isnt like theres an abundance of british promoters nowadays

apart from warren, maloney, hennessy and hatton i cant think of a single way small is gonna get back on tv
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the big boy promoters quickly distanced themselves from him. Small has never been a ticket seller. 99.5 percent of people that attend small hall british boxing shows know exactly who he is.

Imagine the hatred he would get, it could cause a riot.

Imagine a cunt brave enough to cheer for him
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    All the big boy promoters quickly distanced themselves from him. Small has never been a ticket seller. 99.5 percent of people that attend small hall british boxing shows know exactly who he is.

Yeah fair points. Maybe he can join the WWE as a 'baddie'

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you really think anyone cares? I think it's just because we all spend time on forums talking to other likeminded people, most fans won't know or give a shit.

It's like the Amir Khan knob pic story that people said would ruin him, nobody outside the forums even knows about it.

He may not fight again, because he's shit and been exposed twice already, but if he was exciting and had prospects of doing something he'd get back on a fight card no problem at all, and nobody would give a shit.

All he has done is a appear at a rally, what he posts on his facebook is of no consequence, nobody will ever hear about that outside of hardcore fan forums. If he did fight again on BBC I doubt they would even mention anything, and the crowd would largely be none the wiser.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Do you really think anyone cares? I think it's just because we all spend time on forums talking to other likeminded people, most fans won't know or give a shit.

It's like the Amir Khan knob pic story that people said would ruin him, nobody outside the forums even knows about it.

He may not fight again, because he's shit and been exposed twice already, but if he was exciting and had prospects of doing something he'd get back on a fight card no problem at all, and nobody would give a shit.

All he has done is a appear at a rally, what he posts on his facebook is of no consequence, nobody will ever hear about that outside of hardcore fan forums. If he did fight again on BBC I doubt they would even mention anything, and the crowd would largely be none the wiser.
    Small is a tiny Leisure Centre fighter (unless he's on an undercard). The only people that attend those shows are hardcore Brit boxing fans and the fighters family and friends. They all know what Small has done (just check out some of the bigger forums where boxers, promoter/managers, journos etc post). Hatton Promotions/Frank Warren/Frank Maloney all instantly mugged him off.
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-30-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Small is a tiny Leisure Centre fighter (unless he's on an undercard). The only people that attend those shows are hardcore Brit boxing fans and the fighters family and friends. They all know what Small has done (just check out some of the bigger forums where boxers, promoter/managers, journos etc post). Hatton Promotions/Frank Warren/Frank Maloney all instantly mugged him off.
    To be fair to him, over the last few years a lot of his fights have been in pretty decent arenas. MEN, O2, Metro Arena, Docklands...

The more i think about it, the more i'm inclined to agree with Bilbo.
    Last edited by ono; 07-30-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to him, over the last few years a lot of his fights have been in pretty decent arenas. MEN, O2, Metro Arena, Docklands...

Unless he does something really stupid this will all be forgotten in a few weeks. It's like scandals involving real celebrities. All their sponsors will drop them and distance themselves for a while, until the appropriate 'penance debt' has been paid and they are marketable again and then they will fall over themselves to resign them first.

Winona Ryder ended up running ad campaigns for the store she stole from, stars get dropped for drug use, for about a month and then signed up to a new campaign etc.

It's the farcical merry-go-round of public opinion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On undercards, as I said

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On undercards, as I said
    Yeah he hasn't been headlining, so that's a decent enough reason as to why it won't really effect his fan base. People won't refrain from buying tickets for a good headliner purely because Small is on the undercard - not imo anyway,

Having said that, you could argue that the only promoters who have the means to put on a quality headlining act are the likes of Warren, Hatton, Maloney, Hennessey, Haymaker et al and if they've all fucked him off then i see your point.

I still can't help thinking it will all be forgotten in a few months time though.

Thread Information