Thread: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    I like Manfredo, he's a decent fighter but has alot to learn. I don't think he's anywhere near world level though and a fight with Edison Miranda is just plain wrong for him. Miranda was unlucky to come up against Pavlik, and he shouldn't have been looking past him to Taylor. Bottom line, Miranda is a world class fighter and is possibly the hardest p4p puncher in the world. Pete would get hurt bad, and should look maybe to fight somebody like Beyer or Greene if he wants a step up.
    I agree. He's getting hated on pretty bad in this thread but I tend to see why. Pete took a right hand beating by Banks. If those were miranda rights Peter would have been decapitated. Banks is much faster so maybe pete could defend those looping rights of Pantera better... I don't know
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Peter Manfredo Jr the perfect foil for Edison Miranda or visa versa

An absolute horrible choice for pete....and exactly the kind of fight miranda needs to get his confidence back.....this will end badly for manfredo.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Peter Manfredo is your "perfect foil" things are truly gloom and doom for you.

I like Manfredo, believe it or not.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo is a good guy, but he's done nothing to demonstrate that he even belongs in the same ring as Miranda. He would get knocked out pretty quickly.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This topic is just a sad excuse to induce hate against Peter Manfredo. I don't know a person on this forum who thinks Manfredo belongs in the ring with Miranda, and even guys like me who like Manfredo as a local, 2nd tier guy, have never run around touting him as the next great thing. Nobody in the Manfredo camp would be stupid enough to put him in with Miranda. I give him a chance against Greene, but I see Greene as another 2nd tier guy. People want to hate on him for being on TV and getting an underdeserved title shot, fine, but what has got guy done since then? He shut his mouth, took some two fights in short orde, then signed a competive fight with a guy right around his level. Wow, kill the guy for having decent management. If only his father was as good a trainer as he is a manager.

They guys from the contender take so much crap around here, but for me, I'm rooting for them all....Mora, Forbes, even Gomez against Gatti. For all the things I've said against Mora in the course of Mora/Manfredo arguements, I'm offically a Mora fan now. Just because. They might not be the best or the top level, but they are real pro's. They may not be real "contenders" but they are decent fighters, and these guys give you your money's worth, maybe more than most of the top guys.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manfredo is a good guy. But he sucks as a fighter. And this is a boxing forum. So he gets hated on. Nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Manfredo is a good guy. But he sucks as a fighter. And this is a boxing forum. So he gets hated on. Nothing wrong with that.
    I bet he would kick your ass and I would pay to see that

OK, I see your point. Let's start a thread with the primary intention of hating on...hmmm....

Neoufel Ben Rabah, or how about, Tocker Pudwell. Or Anthony Bonsante? He sucks, too, and he's gotten some fights off the contender. Why not hate on Alfonzo Gomez for getting an HBO date?

I'll say this, VD, I know I can count on you to hate on them all. You are a professional hater and if you had started the thread, I probably wouldn't respond. I expect that stuff from you.

If you want to hate on Manfredo, start a thread saying, "Allen Greene is going to kick Manfredo's ass." That bring a proper context for Manfredo hating. Why bring Miranda into to it? Why is Manfredo a perfect foil? Because a lot of people want to see him get brutal beating because he got famous from the contender. That's a stupid reason to hate a guy. Hate a guy because he's he's an asshole or because he's boring to watch. Peter a decent guy who fights with heart. So what if he's a famous b-level fighter. Boxing needs more guys like Manfredo (and for that matter, Anthony Bonsante and Alfonzo Gomez).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow i haven't followed this manfredo hatred for very long and actually wasn't sure it even existed...hating him for how he came up to me is kinda silly...from contender, from american idol i don't see what difference it makes....i don't really root for any boxer i just like boxing as a whole and reguardless of where he is from i think he is just an average all around fighter not bad in any means but far from great...i think this was just a what if topic and if it did happen it just wouldn't make sense to me..now manfredo i actually like but mora i can't stand but that's another topic....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aint Manfredo fighting Allan Green next Gonna bet my house on a Green victory.

As for Miranda, yes he would decapitate Manfredo.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE

OK, I see your point. Let's start a thread with the primary intention of hating on...hmmm....

Neoufel Ben Rabah, or how about, Tocker Pudwell. Or Anthony Bonsante? He sucks, too, and he's gotten some fights off the contender. Why not hate on Alfonzo Gomez for getting an HBO date?

I'll say this, VD, I know I can count on you to hate on them all. You are a professional hater and if you had started the thread, I probably wouldn't respond. I expect that stuff from you.

If you want to hate on Manfredo, start a thread saying, "Allen Greene is going to kick Manfredo's ass." That bring a proper context for Manfredo hating. Why bring Miranda into to it? Why is Manfredo a perfect foil? Because a lot of people want to see him get brutal beating because he got famous from the contender. That's a stupid reason to hate a guy. Hate a guy because he's he's an asshole or because he's boring to watch. Peter a decent guy who fights with heart. So what if he's a famous b-level fighter. Boxing needs more guys like Manfredo (and for that matter, Anthony Bonsante and Alfonzo Gomez).
    It's easy to dislike a fighter when gets paid money he doesn't deserve and gets a title shot he doesn't deserve over fighters who are more worthy. All cuz he came out on a TV show in which he went 3-3 in fights against club fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's easy to dislike a fighter when gets paid money he doesn't deserve and gets a title shot he doesn't deserve over fighters who are more worthy. All cuz he came out on a TV show in which he went 3-3 in fights against club fighters.
    So what? Many many people get title shots that they don't deserve. Is it his fault he took the payday? Blame fcukin Calzaghe. I guess if I finally hit that big scratch ticket, everybody will hate on me for getting money I didn't deserve. he would have been a chump so say no. That fight never should have been offered to himm, but you get what you can get when you can get it, aint that the gangsta way, VD?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So what? Many many people get title shots that they don't deserve. Is it his fault he took the payday? Blame fcukin Calzaghe. I guess if I finally hit that big scratch ticket, everybody will hate on me for getting money I didn't deserve. he would have been a chump so say no. That fight never should have been offered to himm, but you get what you can get when you can get it, aint that the gangsta way, VD?
    You asked for a reason why he was hated and I gave it to you. The title shot should of never been offered to him. But it was giving to him by a coward. So what can you really do? Nothing accept call him undeserving and a bum. Which he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You asked for a reason why he was hated and I gave it to you. The title shot should of never been offered to him. But it was giving to him by a coward. So what can you really do? Nothing accept call him undeserving and a bum. Which he is.
    Yes, you did, the reason sucks. I think we agree that he shouldn't have been offered the fight. Bum or not, he's probably richer than either one of us.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, you did, the reason sucks. I think we agree that he shouldn't have been offered the fight. Bum or not, he's probably richer than either one of us.
    And I'm pretty sure he's gotten his ass kicked a lot more than either one of us (at least a lot more than I have).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I'm pretty sure he's gotten his ass kicked a lot more than either one of us (at least a lot more than I have).
    Touche. LMFAO.

Thread Information