Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It Looks Like it's Ricky Hatton first, then Floyd Jr. next! - Freddie Roach

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It Looks Like it's Ricky Hatton first, then Floyd Jr. next! - Freddie Roach

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Pac is not getting past Hatton, guaranteed.
    What are your reasons for saying that?
    Style wise Pac will come at Hatton, he is not a slick southpaw and will fight with Hatton. Hatton will love that and it will be as good as a performance as his victory over Tszyu because he will be extra motivated. At 140lb no body beats him. Only Maweather stands a 50% chance with him at 140lbs.
    I think Pac might be a little too fast on his toes for Hatton to nail enough to do damage. I can see Manny being the one counterpunching and Hatton going forward

I have it about 60-40 for Pac.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It Looks Like it's Ricky Hatton first, then Floyd Jr. next! - Freddie Roach

Hmm, I used to dislike Hatton but he has done the biz against some very strong light welter fighters, Pac isnt genuinly that big or strong and De La Hoya trying to show off how much weight he could lose gave Pac a standing target with no energy for offence.

When you see beyond the De La Hoya match then I do think that Ricky SHOULD be too strong for Pac and Ricky isnt exactly slow either and Pac isnt too hard to nail.

Its a very intruiging match who if I had to bet my house id go with Hatton but I wouldnt be too sure either way as Pacs southpaw quick hands may bust Rickys face up, I dont know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Pac is not getting past Hatton, guaranteed.
    What are your reasons for saying that?
    Style wise Pac will come at Hatton, he is not a slick southpaw and will fight with Hatton. Hatton will love that and it will be as good as a performance as his victory over Tszyu because he will be extra motivated. At 140lb no body beats him. Only Maweather stands a 50% chance with him at 140lbs.
    I agree and hope that Ricky uses more boxing than out right brawling in this fight, Mannys a true warrior and wont be bending below the waist or pot shotting and grabbing on, he will be trying to land his stinging combinations and then move off and start the process again. Ricky needs to throw in bunches and work on a fast right counter which I am sure Snr will be working with Ricky on anyways, proper fight this is going to be.

hitmann Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    A chat with Trainer of the Year, Freddie Roach from FightHype...

FIGHTHYPE \\ CONTENT
    ha, in a perfect world maybe, but in reality hatton is gonna take pacman to the cleaners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its i pretty close fight to me, but i still would pick Pac to pull it off since hes alot faster in his feet and has good power as he showed against Oscar. it will be a great fight though. I cant wait.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, rathert than sit on the fence master ill go for a late Hatton stoppage win.

Ive read a few times that Hatton is a demon in the sparring sessions, against the better american partners, just balls out and they often have to change them, Hatton is very strong at this weight and I think Pac will get a shock after beating Oscar.

We all see it rationally, Oscar lost because he drained himself and had nothing to offer but Pac may see it that he was stronger than the bigger man, that will not happen here, if any one at any weight is stronger than the rest its Hatton at light welter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac by stoppage, Ricky runs in to much and gets caught to much by Pac's straight left. Pac 6 Rd Tko
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Both men are about the same size...Pac is faster. Pac has excellent power. Ricky has struggled with southpaws. I gotta favor Pac in this one, if only by a little. It's gotta be a great one!
    He does struggle with southpaws...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    Pac by stoppage, Ricky runs in to much and gets caught to much by Pac's straight left. Pac 6 Rd Tko
    I'd go along with CountryBoy on the Pacquiao by stoppage, but a tad bit later in the fight, the 9th round onwards.

I see PacMan having trouble for the first few, and with a conservative game plan and respect to the opponent, the going gets stalled slightly early on.

Once adjusted, the speed, footwork and workrate, will slowly creep heavily into the Hitman's physical conditioning. It will lead to difficulties.

Can you imagine lightweights, like David Diaz, bewildered at the speed at which Pac operates at. How much so with heavier weights?

Late TKO - Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac will beat Hatton, and he definitely isn't just going to "come at him", he's a lot slicker than some give him credit for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What ?? Is everyone taking crazy pills??

50/50??

My god this fight wont even be close. Pac will annihilate Ricky inside 8 rounds. Over. Kaput. KO.

I understand Ricky has no chance to get a rematch with Floyd without beating Pac. So he HAS to take this fight. But Im floored so many of you are picking Hatton. I love Ricky too but this is waaaay too much fighter for him.

Manny Pac by wickedly violent KO somewhere around round 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW! Its amazing how man people on this forum are out of their frickin minds! Could someone please explain to me why everyone thinks that Hatton is an unstopable monster? Some of yall's posts are a joke! Pacquiao has fought and beaten much better talent than Hatton ever dreamed about. Hatton has beat Tzyu, Castillo, and malinaggi. All three of those guys are good fighters but none of them are great fighters! Oh and Hatton suffers knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is one of the top two in the world but he's not a knockout artist. He didn't knock Judah out, Judah has a horable chin! That goes to show you that Ricky Hatton doesnt have the best chin in the world. Thats one flaw. Manny Pacquiao has beat Barrera twice, Morrales twice, Oscar, And JMM what should have been twice. That is a much more impressive resume than Hattons. Second is that Manny's speed is going to eat Ricky Hatton alive. Thats a fact! You cant teach speed and Rickys not going to adabt to it. Ricky's gonna come in like he does everyone else, and he's gonna run into that same straight left hand thats gonna rock his world. This fight will probly be stopped around the 10th round with Hatton looking like his face just went into a meat grinder! If Hatton does bring more than what I expect him to, then so what? Its not like Pacquiao hasnt beeen threw some wars! Pacquiao's heart will take the legs of ricky Hatton no doubt about! Mark my words Ricky Hatton will be running into that Straight left hand all night and Pacquiao's gonna shut all the Hatton groupies up! Case closed!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

stupid stupid move...

Pac gets beat by hatton (and he will) he blows getting a Mayweather fight...

he fights mayweather and gets beat he can still get the Hatton fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PacMan will put some more pain on Hatton. Ko in the later rounds. Hatton is good but not good enough at this level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post
    WOW! Its amazing how man people on this forum are out of their frickin minds! Could someone please explain to me why everyone thinks that Hatton is an unstopable monster? Some of yall's posts are a joke! Pacquiao has fought and beaten much better talent than Hatton ever dreamed about. Hatton has beat Tzyu, Castillo, and malinaggi. All three of those guys are good fighters but none of them are great fighters! Oh and Hatton suffers knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is one of the top two in the world but he's not a knockout artist. He didn't knock Judah out, Judah has a horable chin! That goes to show you that Ricky Hatton doesnt have the best chin in the world. Thats one flaw. Manny Pacquiao has beat Barrera twice, Morrales twice, Oscar, And JMM what should have been twice. That is a much more impressive resume than Hattons. Second is that Manny's speed is going to eat Ricky Hatton alive. Thats a fact! You cant teach speed and Rickys not going to adabt to it. Ricky's gonna come in like he does everyone else, and he's gonna run into that same straight left hand thats gonna rock his world. This fight will probly be stopped around the 10th round with Hatton looking like his face just went into a meat grinder! If Hatton does bring more than what I expect him to, then so what? Its not like Pacquiao hasnt beeen threw some wars! Pacquiao's heart will take the legs of ricky Hatton no doubt about! Mark my words Ricky Hatton will be running into that Straight left hand all night and Pacquiao's gonna shut all the Hatton groupies up! Case closed!
    Kostya Tszyu not a great fighter? You sure?

Thread Information