Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Would you pay for PPV for ODLH vs. PAC

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

I don't remember that. On Sky?

It was on sky but not sky sports. we got the American coverage of it and it was on one of the other random channels . Tua vs Rahman 2 was on the same bill.. Absolutley awful coverage it was! Went off air randomly and had breaks whenever it wanted , then it would have long quiet periods where we would just get a view of the crowd obviously whilst the colonel was taking his seat. It may have been on Setanta actually b4 it got famous.
    Yeah, must have been early Setanta (that's why i don't recall it). I wasn't able to see the Eastman-Hopkins fight because my cable box didn't have Setanta

That was another Setanta f*k up. Witter vs Ndou was on the undercard and coverage started a couple rounds in with no commentary. I was well annoyed but nothing we could do about it . When Barrera fought Pac it went off air from round 9-12 and we had to listen to Bunce talk crap. I couldnt belive it. I duno whats wrong with Setanta but Sky Sports and box office dont seem to have the same broadcasting problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was on sky but not sky sports. we got the American coverage of it and it was on one of the other random channels . Tua vs Rahman 2 was on the same bill.. Absolutley awful coverage it was! Went off air randomly and had breaks whenever it wanted , then it would have long quiet periods where we would just get a view of the crowd obviously whilst the colonel was taking his seat. It may have been on Setanta actually b4 it got famous.
    Yeah, must have been early Setanta (that's why i don't recall it). I wasn't able to see the Eastman-Hopkins fight because my cable box didn't have Setanta

That was another Setanta f*k up. Witter vs Ndou was on the undercard and coverage started a couple rounds in with no commentary. I was well annoyed but nothing we could do about it . When Barrera fought Pac it went off air from round 9-12 and we had to listen to Bunce talk crap. I couldnt belive it. I duno whats wrong with Setanta but Sky Sports and box office dont seem to have the same broadcasting problems.
    I know I was so pissed off when that shit happened with Pac v Barrera.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

We couldnt even establish clarity on what happend in our absence. We returned to the fight mid round with no updates of what we missed .Then at the end of the fight commentary said " it should be a draw or a Barrera win" but the scorecards were huge for Pac! When we left after 9 rounds I thought it was still there for the taking . We missed the best rounds of that fight. The coverage is just not good enough but it was stinker of a fight.

If it was the 1st time then fair enough but it seems to happen all the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

We couldnt even establish clarity on what happend in our absence. We returned to the fight mid round with no updates of what we missed .Then at the end of the fight commentary said " it should be a draw or a Barrera win" but the scorecards were huge for Pac! When we left after 9 rounds I thought it was still there for the taking . We missed the best rounds of that fight. The coverage is just not good enough but it was stinker of a fight.

If it was the 1st time then fair enough but it seems to happen all the time.
    And what do they do? Put the price up!

XaduBoxer Guest

If 2 million people bought the boring DelaHoya-PBF fight, I'm guessing at least 1 million people will buy this perceived more exciting and entertaining DelaHoya-Pacquiao PPV fight.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Would you pay for this fight?
    They should put this one on The Cartoon Network.Im trying something new in the last year and not paying money to see Celebrity Boxing "events" ...

Besides.they'll re-air it one week later as the co-feature to an live HBO card

XaduBoxer Guest

It's priceless to see Pacquiao (or DelaHoya) getting KO'ed (or stopped) live...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

Well I knew I shouldn't have added a poll to this discussion as you started yes ANOTHER thread to make the same arguments.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

XaduBoxer Guest

Well I knew I shouldn't have added a poll to this discussion as you started yes ANOTHER thread to make the same arguments.
    I really appreciate your efforts in starting another "ODLH vs. PAC" thread... I love it when fans discussed this intriguing fight... Reps coming your way...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really appreciate your efforts in starting another "ODLH vs. PAC" thread... I love it when fans discussed this intriguing fight... Reps coming your way...

This would be my first, last and only and was meant to add to our discussion.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'll get it to see what happens

XaduBoxer Guest

It's expected that many people will buy this PPV... Our own poll here at Saddo confirmed that expectations...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course this fight is PPV worthy. In fact, it could easily approach 1.5 million (Oscar-Tito numbers) and will be far and away the biggest PPV of the year.

The #1 PFP fighter in the world would be moving up 2 whole weight classes to fight a star fighter making perhaps his last appearance in the ring. How is that not worth $49.95??

El Kabong Guest

From a business standpoint YES!!! A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!

From a fan's standpoint, HELL FUCKING NO!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No fuking way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De La Hoya should be ashamed of himself for ending his career with this farce, but I'm sure he doesn't give a $hit, because it just means more money in his pocket.

Who cares about what your fans want, right Oscar?

Thread Information