Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighter who won title at Lightweight and S.Middleweight in last 20 years?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Fighter who won title at Lightweight and S.Middleweight in last 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Good fighter, one of my lads beat him and struggled
    Hey Scrap you are like an encyclopedia when it comes to boxing i wonder if you can aswer this question that im about to put in bold.

Thobela allegedly took some of the padding from his gloves which improved his power in the fight with Catley , although it was never proved as such , it was evident in the pictures taken during the fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighter who won title at Lightweight and S.Middleweight in last 20 years?

Id take it with a pinch of salt, Im not sure but wasnt it in J/berg I think the Altitude didnt help going there you have to prepare.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spoke to Glenn about it at the gym a long time ago, he said it felt like being hit in the head by an ashtray. Have to take his word for it, Ive never been hit in the head by Dingaan Thobela or an ashtray
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Thobela allegedly took some of the padding from his gloves which improved his power in the fight with Catley , although it was never proved as such , it was evident in the pictures taken during the fight.
    There was a similar case when Tyrone Trice took on Julio C Vasquez ,Trice claimed Vasquez had smaller gloves on than him , therefore improving the affect of his punches
    Ive never heard about that with the Catley fight but you never know?He really walked into that one,KO was Brutal.Catley All brass in getting up.
    Now that you mention it Vasquez did always seem to have smallish gloves.Trice for the most part had a thick chin and Vasquez was a ripping puncher.Might explain Vasquezs multiple Knockdowns of solid chinned and defense wiz Winky Wright??

Thread Information