Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will this be Hopkins last fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will this be Hopkins last fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    It probably would have been had he got the decision he deserved.
    Hopkins strikes me as a fighter who will not quit and go out when he is good and ready. He has this attitude that thinks people are against him and he will not do what most people want him to do and retire.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

$ hell $ to $ the $ no $

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think so. in contrary, i think hopkins is just starting to enjoy boxing at his age.lol

El Kabong Guest

Once again I will ask the forum: Hopkins vs Cloud who ya got?

Tavoris Cloud has a title and with Pascal-Dawson II apparently next up why not make this fight?

IMO if Cloud can handle Hopkins' style then he's one dangerous S.O.B....I see Cloud (if he is going to lose) losing to a boxer, but after what Dawson showed vs Pascal I don't think Bad Chad has it in him to keep Cloud at bay, Hopkins might as he's cagey in his old age.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    He's definitely not about to retire now.

I want him to rematch Pascal, and put on a boxing clinic and then bow out as a champ again.
    That would be a fitting way for someone of Hopkins' ability to go, but I don't think he would retire if he beats Pascal should the rematch happen. He'll carry on until he gets hurt. I can't believe this is the man I picked ODLH to beat because he would be too young and fresh for the ageing Hopkins.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Tavoris Cloud has a title and with Pascal-Dawson II apparently next up why not make this fight?

IMO if Cloud can handle Hopkins' style then he's one dangerous S.O.B....I see Cloud (if he is going to lose) losing to a boxer, but after what Dawson showed vs Pascal I don't think Bad Chad has it in him to keep Cloud at bay, Hopkins might as he's cagey in his old age.
    Tavoris Cloud as i've said time and time again is another Jeff Lacy, yes he may have more punch variety. But he only fights in spurts normally, and even an old Glen Johnson was able to outwork him in quite alot of rounds. B-Hop would embarrass Tavoris Cloud, as would Chad Dawson.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Tavoris Cloud as i've said time and time again is another Jeff Lacy, yes he may have more punch variety. But he only fights in spurts normally, and even an old Glen Johnson was able to outwork him in quite alot of rounds. B-Hop would embarrass Tavoris Cloud, as would Chad Dawson.
    Its good that you bring up Glen Johnson because right now I think he's better than Hopkins and I always wondered why a rematch between them wasn't made.

The blueprint to beat BHop is set: win early rounds (1-5) then win 2 more late rounds and bingo bango mathematically BHop is out 7 rounds to 5.

After seeing Pascal hurt BHop I have more hope for Cloud, but of course you guys think he's Jeff Lacy when he's obviously done more than Lacy ever has and vs better opponents too

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Hopkins beats all the young guys at 175, including Dawson, Cloud, and Pascal (again)

El Kabong Guest

I do think Cloud gets hit way too much, but he's never shown ill effects from it other than swelling maybe a few cuts, but he hasn't to my knowledge really been hurt by anyone. I just think given the age of Hopkins a come forward no matter what type of fighter like Cloud could really hurt him. Cloud needs to move his head and improve his defense, but I think he's good enough to unify 175.

You put Pascal in with Cloud I think Cloud mops the floor with him, same with Dawson...those guys couldn't handle his pressure. Hopkins is the only one I think that could trouble Cloud and that's because B-Hop is a cagey fighter, he knows when to attack and when to lay back, he knows how to wear someone down and his power is usually underrated by his opponent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't think Cloud can hurt him for two reasons, IMO Pascal never really even hurt Hopkins, one KD was cause of a shot behind the head and the other was a flash KD, he was never really hurt, and Cloud throw's too many winging shots, he didn't impress me at all in his last performance and i'd actually give Hopkins the edge in handspeed meaning he'll be able to counter every time Cloud would miss, frustrating him and making him fight even sloppier than he did last time out

i'd pick Hopkins for a UD win over Cloud

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm stuck on when Pascal actually 'hurt' Hopkins Going by the belief that a guy is only as good as his last fight I think Hopkins is too deep for still developing Cloud. He'd have a early rush but with his straight frontal attack I think Hopkins would leash him into some hurtful shots, frustrate him big with breaking his momentum.

ICB Guest

Its good that you bring up Glen Johnson because right now I think he's better than Hopkins and I always wondered why a rematch between them wasn't made.

The blueprint to beat BHop is set: win early rounds (1-5) then win 2 more late rounds and bingo bango mathematically BHop is out 7 rounds to 5.

After seeing Pascal hurt BHop I have more hope for Cloud, but of course you guys think he's Jeff Lacy when he's obviously done more than Lacy ever has and vs better opponents too
    Glen Johnson better than B-Hop right now ? i don't think so bro. But that's your opinion and i respect it, but i couldn't disagree more.

As for your other comment's well it isn't that easy, because Joe Calzaghe who's very active probably lost the first 4 rounds vs B-Hop.

And plus Tavoris Cloud's workrate is very suspect he only fights in spurts, so what makes you think he can do that ?

Im not so sure he's done more than Jeff Lacy, i mean Tavoris Cloud has a slight edge. For beating the better known names, although some of them were old.

I think at the moment he's pretty much where Jeff Lacy was, before he fought Joe Calzaghe. I'd like to see him in with a boxer before i make any final judgements.

But too me he looks quite one dimensional, top that off with suspect stamina. And i can't see him beating some of the top boys.

El Kabong Guest

Glen Johnson better than B-Hop right now ? i don't think so bro. But that's your opinion and i respect it, but i couldn't disagree more.

As for your other comment's well it isn't that easy, because Joe Calzaghe who's very active probably lost the first 4 rounds vs B-Hop.

And plus Tavoris Cloud's workrate is very suspect he only fights in spurts, so what makes you think he can do that ?

Im not so sure he's done more than Jeff Lacy, i mean Tavoris Cloud has a slight edge. For beating the better known names, although some of them were old.

I think at the moment he's pretty much where Jeff Lacy was, before he fought Joe Calzaghe. I'd like to see him in with a boxer before i make any final judgements.

But too me he looks quite one dimensional, top that off with suspect stamina. And i can't see him beating some of the top boys.
    Glen Johnson has done pretty damn well for a long stretch of time and at multiple weight classes. Johnson has a reasonable chance at winning out the Super Six...I mean he's never going to be the favorite but he's got as good of a chance as anyone else.

Tavoris Cloud's "stamina issues" are nothing more than him loading up on his punches and some of the shots he hit Glen Johnson with would have put down most any light heavyweight. I agree that he hasn
    t fought a prime top notch fighter with pure boxing ability yet, but you never know how he'll react maybe he likes that better.

Perhaps if we see Cloud vs Cleverly or someone like that it would answer some questions for us...I'm giving Cloud the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well his lack of defense could be a problem for him.

Thread Information