Thread: Margarito V Moseley signed!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito V Moseley signed!!!

It's not a done deal yet guys.

Over the weekend talks heated up again, because the Berto talks fell through. Then Richie Rich of Golden Boy approached Jeff Wald about having Mosley's opponent be Sergio Mora, but HBO wouldn't give it the greenlight. So they went back to Margarito's team to start talks up again.

It's not signed, but it's looking good. Word is that it will be signed sometime over the next week, with the announcement coming over the ODLH/Pacman fight weekend.

It still can fall apart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not sure what Mosleys got left, if he fights like he did v Mayorga i think he'd lose, if he uses his speed and turns back the clock he could do a number on Tony

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Ds Next Baby Mama View Post
    It's not a done deal yet guys.

Over the weekend talks heated up again, because the Berto talks fell through. Then Richie Rich of Golden Boy approached Jeff Wald about having Mosley's opponent be Sergio Mora, but HBO wouldn't give it the greenlight. So they went back to Margarito's team to start talks up again.

It's not signed, but it's looking good. Word is that it will be signed sometime over the next week, with the announcement coming over the ODLH/Pacman fight weekend.

It still can fall apart.
    Don't jinx it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have thought that Mosley would get murdered by Margarito, maybe no stopped, but surely pumelled in this fight, but the most I think about it, I can't think of a single person who can stand there and trade better than Mosley. His chin is at least equal to Margarito's, he takes a better body shot, also he has better footspeed than Cotto even though he isn't the best at using it. As long as he can keep the fight being fought at range I think he has a shot, Margarito is such a good fighter on the inside its amazing considering how horrible he is on the outside, it is really like two different fighters. On the outside he throws wider punches than most amateurs, his jab is slow to come back, and his cross is slow and doesn't get half the leverage or speed behind it as it should. He really doesn't get leverage on any of his punches from the outside, but once he gets his guy on the ropes, his punches become short, tight, and crisp, he begins to throw great combinations that are hard to defend. If Mosley can avoid the ropes, and keep the range like I"ve said he's got a shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I have thought that Mosley would get murdered by Margarito, maybe no stopped, but surely pumelled in this fight, but the most I think about it, I can't think of a single person who can stand there and trade better than Mosley. His chin is at least equal to Margarito's, he takes a better body shot, also he has better footspeed than Cotto even though he isn't the best at using it. As long as he can keep the fight being fought at range I think he has a shot, Margarito is such a good fighter on the inside its amazing considering how horrible he is on the outside, it is really like two different fighters. On the outside he throws wider punches than most amateurs, his jab is slow to come back, and his cross is slow and doesn't get half the leverage or speed behind it as it should. He really doesn't get leverage on any of his punches from the outside, but once he gets his guy on the ropes, his punches become short, tight, and crisp, he begins to throw great combinations that are hard to defend. If Mosley can avoid the ropes, and keep the range like I"ve said he's got a shot.
    A fighter of Mosley's caliber always has a shot - he's older, but he's still a great fighter. I still think Tony's too much for him at this stage, but I'd love to see Mosley pull out a great performance.

I think you make a couple of great points. I think SSM will be able to handle the pressure a little better than Cotto - the footspeed will help - and I think he has a better beard. I still don't think it's enough at this point, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to be wrong.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it looks like they finalized everything today, and Arum has confirmed it with ESPN.

ESPN - Antonio Margarito-Shane Mosley bout back on after more talks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got Tony all the way on this one....I love Shane but gotta stick with Tornado Man....
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damn. Mosley is gonna get hurt, but i hope he wins even though im sure Margarito will.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I like Margarito, but guys like Toney, Hopkins, Mayweather, Delahoya and Mosely dont get Knocked out.

Maybe Shane gets out hustled but he isint going to back up and will stand his ground like Clottey and will make it a proper tear up
    Im with you there,except I think if Mosley comes in fit as he always does, then it'll go the distance and Shane will have him wondering about angles he hasnt seen used for a while and getting tagged clean and out pointed. If he hurts Shane early and takes his legs away it will be all over but I dont think he'll catch him that hard early enough.
    Mosley for me.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Hasn't Shane already signed for Berto?

I believe that Berto reconsidered after the fact he realized he would have to give up his title for a bout with Mosley....

Tony was waiting to get a better cut of the purse like I said....He wanted to be treated like the champion....Mosley was to get an even split with him and Tony's people said no.....and I agree with them....Mosley's people never gave Tony the time of day in the past...as neither did any of GBP...Why should he split fair?.....He is the champ and he is the #1 man in the division.....No one ever offered an even split with him in the past.....

He will beat Shane like a drum....I am a Mosley fan but Tony is just on fire right now....
    Thatnks for clearin that up Daxx, but I'm not sure. This Will be Mosely's last hurrah

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Horses for coarses, I fancy Mosley in this one.
    He's durable enough.
    And Mosely will really want it.
    I'm agreeing with you Scrap.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of this fight boils down to how much Mosley has left in the tank, and how well he can stay at range. No matter what, I bet this will be one hell of a fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marg has his hands full, no doubt. You can never count Mosley out. I, for one, thought Mosley could have dispatched of Cotto around the 9th round if he didn't rush in and take those bombs.
    I also think that Mosley found well against a tougher, eager, well conditioned, Mayorga. I don't think Mosley was being spoon-fed by any means.
    I hope Mosley works that body early so he can win some late rounds. I don't see Marg ever getting hurt, but possibly being reduced to the speed of snail, from lots o punches.
    'Mosley UD10 8-4 rds
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damn it as much as i want this fight to happen i wanted my boy Cotto to fight Margo again mid next year and try to take the Tornado out of the top spot himself. i hope Tony can beat Shane but i dont think he will. i know you cant compare fights but i see it this way. Mosley-Cotto was a very close fight. and i think Cotto was easily beating Tony until ofcourse Tony shfted gears. what im trying to say is that Mosely has a better chin and could probably fight all the way to the 12th without being exhausted like Miguel. and if that happens why wouldnt Mosely outbox Tony just like Cotto did but for the whole fight? unless Tony could break Mosely down (will be very hard to do) i see Mosely winning a UD.
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post
    damn it as much as i want this fight to happen i wanted my boy Cotto to fight Margo again mid next year and try to take the Tornado out of the top spot himself. i hope Tony can beat Shane but i dont think he will. i know you cant compare fights but i see it this way. Mosley-Cotto was a very close fight. and i think Cotto was easily beating Tony until ofcourse Tony shfted gears. what im trying to say is that Mosely has a better chin and could probably fight all the way to the 12th without being exhausted like Miguel. and if that happens why wouldnt Mosely outbox Tony just like Cotto did but for the whole fight? unless Tony could break Mosely down (will be very hard to do) i see Mosely winning a UD.
    Yes, I also think that Shane is stronger than Cotto and will not be bullied by Tony. He has a great chin and Good stamina! Remember guys Cotto beat Shane by out boxing not out slugging him I really do not thing Margarito can out box Shane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad Margarito got the better cut, it should always go to the recognised champ (not necesarily alphabet), unless in exceptional circumstances in terms of fan pulling power.

I usually cover ny bets when predicting a fight with a but...
    In this one i'm going for Marg 100%. He will wear shane down, Shane was real,real tired against Cotto but got a couple rounds rest. I'll be gutted to see Shane stopped as it would never happen in his prime and would like him to finish his career without a TKO loss.

Thread Information