Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taylor/Wright What makes Winky so different than Hopkins? INO Hopkins is better!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor/Wright What makes Winky so different than Hopkins? INO Hopkins is better!

Jermain COULD win this fight but it would have to be a stinker of him using his jab and stepping away before Winky will respond.

Jermain can be timed coming inside so he needs to be careful and fight a stinky fight.

Jermain can't afford to make one mistake, Winky can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor/Wright What makes Winky so different than Hopkins? INO Hopkins is better!

Northside I thought we'd seen the back end of your sorry azz
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sammiza567
    actually silent killer when i think about it ur right i just think that we all kno wut winky is gonna bring to the table if taylor and stewart can figure something out then it will be interesting but if taylor dont show up with a plan then they are in for a rough night
    I see where you coming from,agree if Taylor doesn't come prepaired for this fight then you are correct it will be easy night for Winky but trust me Taylor will be 100% prepaired and ready for this fight. Winky experiences and superior defense will be to much and on the end we will have NEW MIDDLEWAIGHT CHAMP. I own you CC bro I will click you tomorrow when karma allowed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Honestly I believe that many dislike Taylor & are waiting for the next fighter to beat him but it doesn't happen! Winky is great defensively against Tito & Mosley who are both smaller fighters & couldn't bully the big man, plus shorter & no reach to establish a jab! Now Taylor packs power, a good jab, more size & can't be bullies that easy! Plus he has reach to get past Winky's tight defense! Taylor will go in there, be the busier fighter & get the UD, as usual! Plus with Emanuel Sterwart by his side he will do alot more convincingly!

"So tell me if Hopkins & Winky fought who would win?"
    You do not have much to hype these days as the fat black bum Toney is doing bad, Lacy lost and Samuel Peter took a severe beeting by another white guy, so I understand that you try to hype the only guy left worth hyping. Hopkins has built his legacy on old or small fellow americans - why has he hever fought Adam, Kessler, Calzaghe or Erdi - because he would get his ass spanked - he knows he is better of fighting hyped old american instead of pure boxers from Eruope. Hopkins would lose very big time to Calzaghe, Adam, Kessler and Erdi no questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the one thing everyone should keep in mind is that winky has never been hit as hard as taylor can hit him. I think winkys chin comes into question now. IF he gets hit, he might go down. Lets face the facts, Jermaine is really a super middle weight slimmed down and may possibly wind up in the Light heavy weight division in the future. Winky is barely a true middle weight and probably would have had a better more famous career at 154. I also believe people are not giving JT proper credit. He stood in twice with bhop and at the very worst scored a draw in 2 fights. Now look what bhop did to tarver this weekend. That should show everyone just how dangerous JT can be in the Middleweight division. Tarver was hurt badly by hopkins, JT took thudding right hand after thudding right hand from Bhop and never faltered. I'm gonna agree with northsidex4 on this one. JT comes out the victor and dont be suprised if JT KO's Winky if he gets caught. Winky cant KO taylor, he dont have the power and to me that puts him at a major disadvantage in this fight. JT had to be cautious of bhop because although he doesnt score alot of KO's he does have power that can hurt you. Dont compare JT and Tito. I dont believe tito has any kind of power compared to JT. JT is a bigger stronger man and if you get caught on some of his punches, even a heavy weight could be in serious trouble. Bhop better be glad he chose to run in most of the fights with taylor because if he had of gotten hit very much, he would have hit the canvas and Bhop knew it too, thats why he fought so much more cautious against taylor than most of the other fighters he faced. I think it will be a good fight until winky gets caught a time or two. Dont underestimate taylor folks, hes taken alot of criticism for his two wins over bhop and now he is getting the same for stepping up to fight winky. When you put a professional like him in a corner and keep whipping on him like so many have, hes gonna come out and whoop some ass. Tarvers camp thought bhop would be an easy fight and bhop whipped his ass. Winkys trainer thinks taylor will be an easy fight, to quote his dumb ass, "this fight will be easy, wait and see". Thats a stupid thing to say in public before a fight. Taylor and Emanuel Stewart are gonna make winkys corner regret those smart ass remarks. If winky wins this fight, I'll be shocked. Remember this, one has power, the other dont. All the defense in the world dont do any good if you get hit a few times. Winky better hit and run or he'll get run over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I believe that many dislike Taylor & are waiting for the next fighter to beat him but it doesn't happen! Winky is great defensively against Tito & Mosley who are both smaller fighters & couldn't bully the big man, plus shorter & no reach to establish a jab! Now Taylor packs power, a good jab, more size & can't be bullies that easy! Plus he has reach to get past Winky's tight defense! Taylor will go in there, be the busier fighter & get the UD, as usual! Plus with Emanuel Sterwart by his side he will do alot more convincingly!

You do not have much to hype these days as the fat black bum Toney is doing bad, Lacy lost and Samuel Peter took a severe beeting by another white guy, so I understand that you try to hype the only guy left worth hyping. Hopkins has built his legacy on old or small fellow americans - why has he hever fought Adam, Kessler, Calzaghe or Erdi - because he would get his ass spanked - he knows he is better of fighting hyped old american instead of pure boxers from Eruope. Hopkins would lose very big time to Calzaghe, Adam, Kessler and Erdi no questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

I would have to disagree with you on this starr, if anybody cant afford to make a mistake it is Winky. Taylor has the power to seriously hurt and KO Winky, where Winky does not have that power. Taylor took some good shots from B-hop and was not hurt by them. If Winky gets caught clean a few times then he will be in serious trouble.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zinmex

HIYA ROYAL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wright is a slick Southpaw. that’s the main difference between Hopkins and Wright . Not that I think Wright is Better, but he is vastly different. How will Taylor handle a slick counter punching southpaw ? We will have to wait and see. But don’t assume that because Taylor beat Hopkins that he will fare as well or better against Ronald. . I always say that a good southpaw is very dangerous and a great southpaw needs to be avoided if at all possible. Remember a southpaw is use to fight an orthodox fighter. They do it every time out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zinmex

Hey...NAME A MIDDLEWEIGHT PLEASE. Your a fucken joke. Remember your heavyweight top 15? I do. Remember how there were no black fighters? I do. Saddo has to figure out how to IP ban you or something becuase you are a fucken joke and waste of forum space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff

I would have to disagree with you on this starr, if anybody cant afford to make a mistake it is Winky. Taylor has the power to seriously hurt and KO Winky, where Winky does not have that power. Taylor took some good shots from B-hop and was not hurt by them. If Winky gets caught clean a few times then he will be in serious trouble.
    I agree and disagree I do believe Taylor is more powerfull fighter and if Winky make mistake he could hurt him but also Taylor was hurt by B-HOP punch in couple occasions. Anyway I still believe that Winky experience and superior defence will win him this fight, not going to be easy fight for Winky but on the end will be close UD for Winky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sillent killer

I agree and disagree I do believe Taylor is more powerfull fighter and if Winky make mistake he could hurt him but also Taylor was hurt by B-HOP punch in couple occasions. Anyway I still believe that Winky experience and superior defence will win him this fight, not going to be easy fight for Winky but on the end will be close UD for Winky
    Your kidding right? Taylor was hurt? When dude? I have both fights recorded, have watched them 50 times. You call backing away from a flurry hurt? You call grabbing hurt? Maybe tierd but not hurt. I think that lots of boxing fans like to hang their hats on an assumption that taylor was hurt. But reality is, he took big punch after big punch and still never wobbled. To the contrary, he showed great heart and desire against bhop when many would have fallen. Also if you want to talk about hurt, in the second fight, I believe the 7th round, Bhop walked into a stiff Taylor jab that seriously hurt bhop and damn near Ko'd his ass. Taylor wasnt never hurt, he was tired and I think that raised questions about his conditioning. So many people want the worst for taylor, I guess cause he is really a nice guy they want to stomp on him. You can play that tune all day if you want to but people who actually watched the fight arent listening to crap like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sillent killer

we agree to disagree I never thought that Taylor was hurt in either fight against B-hop. He covered a few times but was never hurt, IMO.

A lot of people said that B-hops experience and superior defence was going to win him their fights as well. And if I remember right Taylor was the winner in both of those. Controversly yes, but the winner none the less. I think he can handle Winky and take the UD.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Northside and jman are right on the money!!

Lets put it in perspective... Winky had tough fights with Soliman and Mosely (I don't worship the Tito win like some) Taylor had two tough fights with Hopkins who just whooped the shite outa the best LtHW. The only factor that may come into play and cause Taylor to lose, is his inexperience with southpaws. Then again on the flipside they have brought in the trainer that helped Wlad destroy Byrd another brilliant southpaw.

Taylor TKO12

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Northside and jman are right on the money!!

Lets put it in perspective... Winky had tough fights with Soliman and Mosely (I don't worship the Tito win like some) Taylor had two tough fights with Hopkins who just whooped the shite outa the best LtHW. The only factor that may come into play and cause Taylor to lose, is his inexperience with southpaws. Then again on the flipside they have brought in the trainer that helped Wlad destroy Byrd another brilliant southpaw.

Taylor TKO12

Tough fight with Soliman? No my friend. Winky had the flu and a fever and still controlled the fight. Soliman was just awkward but that didn't stop Winky from landing 300+ shots to Soliman's 100+.

Thread Information