Thread: For All The Lennox Haters....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For All The Lennox Haters....

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    [youtube=425,350]CZCcSYVooYE[/youtube]

this is ownage

dang right!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was never a big fan of Lewis,he was a good boxer at a time when there was no one outstanding in the division. He gets no respect for beating up on old men like Tyson and why did he not fight Iron Mike when Mike was younger?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly Gamo. I wish Tyson fough him before as well. I somehow feel Tyson was intimidated. I would have loved to see Tyson do his lateral movements to get into Lewi's defense and hit his glass jaw just like he did all the time with taller/bigger guys. Come on, journeymans connected one hit to that glass jaw to put him down (McCall, Rahman). Now imagine a power punch from Mike Tyson to his chin or jaw. Whatever happened is in the past and I'll just have to accept it as it is *sigh*. Lewis was a tall guy who could keep his opponents away with his one-two attack. His style didn't really impress me. He was about to loose on his last fight against Klitscko but that cut saved him. Oh well, life goes on.

Anybody has the link to the first fight against McCall or Rahman?

Chino

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I was never a big fan of Lewis,he was a good boxer at a time when there was no one outstanding in the division. He gets no respect for beating up on old men like Tyson and why did he not fight Iron Mike when Mike was younger?
    Disagree... I wasn't a fan of Lewis either I think he's boring to watch, but what's this crap about there was noone outstanding.. Yeah, only HIM. He fought absolutely everyone he could have, and far more dangerous opponents then he's given credit for imo... Ruddock, Briggs, Mercer, tua, Morrison, Golota, Holy, tyson, Vitali( maybe he would have lost, if he didn't open the grand canyon on Vitalis face with a perfect right hand...) And he fought most of these guys at their absolute best with the exceptions of only Holyfield and Tyson(sadly it's only these 2 people focus on).. And as far as why didn't he fight Tyson when he was younger.... Come on dude, I know you didn't think that one through.. When exactly are you talking about here? Lewis was a mere novice who was just turning pro as Tyson was champ, he lost to Douglas and then went to prison before Lewis gained any notoriety outside of the UK... When Tyson got out of prison, he would never have been able to beat Lewis, Lewis gave him everything he could handle in sparring when Tyson was 19, long before Lewis hit his prime, if that escaped your memory...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah and you i know both know that sparring can or cannot mean alot.
    Robbie Peden broke MAB's ribs with a punch in sparring yet did you see the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    Exactly Gamo. I wish Tyson fough him before as well. I somehow feel Tyson was intimidated. I would have loved to see Tyson do his lateral movements to get into Lewi's defense and hit his glass jaw just like he did all the time with taller/bigger guys. Come on, journeymans connected one hit to that glass jaw to put him down (McCall, Rahman). Now imagine a power punch from Mike Tyson to his chin or jaw. Whatever happened is in the past and I'll just have to accept it as it is *sigh*. Lewis was a tall guy who could keep his opponents away with his one-two attack. His style didn't really impress me. He was about to loose on his last fight against Klitscko but that cut saved him. Oh well, life goes on.

Anybody has the link to the first fight against McCall or Rahman?

Chino
    I would looooove to have seen Tyson get inside his guard with that hjead movement and jab and bust him up! Dam right,imagine Prime Mike's power landing on him! He would get KTFO!!!! CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

never liked lewis, but he did have some good nights against mid level fighters

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis owned him in sparring as teenagers .
    Tysons paid millions to avoid fighting him as pros
    When they eventually met Lewis destroyed him with ease .

That tells us everything we need to know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    El Gamo, you whacked that nail on the head. Prime Mike knocks Lennos the fook out!!!

Thread Information