Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Riddick Bowe v Vitali Klitschko

I say Bowe wildly goes wild and lands a wild overhand haymaker as he usually found a way to land. I say Bowe on a lucky KO in about 6 as he would be slightly outboxed, but it would be close until the KO.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To the brocktonblockbuster;

That is quite a remarkable claim considering Vitali has faced an array of punchers throughout his career and taken numerous big shots here and there and yet has never been KO'd in pro boxing ever and never even been knocked down... Ever!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    To the brocktonblockbuster;

That is quite a remarkable claim considering Vitali has faced an array of punchers throughout his career and taken numerous big shots here and there and yet has never been KO'd in pro boxing ever and never even been knocked down... Ever!
    excellent points indeed. But few could withstand a flush overhand right from Big Daddy.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not one of these guys who is going to claim that Vitali Klitschko has a chin of iron. I think Vitali has very good chin but he did avoid most clean shots his whole career and has been checked by the good ones he did cop. So I think die hard Klitschko fans overrate Vitali's chin.

Vitali did have better chin than Golota though who was dropped immediately by Lewis but not by Bowe. Vitali took flush shots from Lewis and Sanders though and was not dropped.

Bowe's power is great obviously but is also a bit overrated. His power was mainly showcased against over matched and/or undersized opponents.

Of the 4 tall superheavyweight technicians of most repute, Wladimir and Lennox are the 2 which have the truly thumping power punches. Vitali and 92 Bowe hit very hard too but are more accumulation hitters and lack the same snap as the other 2.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not one of these guys who is going to claim that Vitali Klitschko has a chin of iron. I think Vitali has very good chin but he did avoid most clean shots his whole career and has been checked by the good ones he did cop. So I think die hard Klitschko fans overrate Vitali's chin.

Vitali did have better chin than Golota though who was dropped immediately by Lewis but not by Bowe. Vitali took flush shots from Lewis and Sanders though and was not dropped.

Bowe's power is great obviously but is also a bit overrated. His power was mainly showcased against over matched and/or undersized opponents.

Of the 4 tall superheavyweight technicians of most repute, Wladimir and Lennox are the 2 which have the truly thumping power punches. Vitali and 92 Bowe hit very hard too but are more accumulation hitters and lack the same snap as the other 2.
    I agree about Lewis, but not sure about Wlad IMO.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on man, Wlad has to be among the hardest punchers of all time, surely that can't be denied. The biggest problem with Wlad is his ability to take a punch. He's a bit like Tommy Morrison in that regard. They can dish out much greater than they can take.

That was the secret of big George's success. A very limited boxer in terms of skill. He would have been useless and easily beaten were he relying on power alone because he was easy to hit, unlike Wlad. But George could bash brains in AND take huge punishment. Wlad instead has to rely on defensive measures (which unfortunately include the much hated huggy bear routine!)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on man, Wlad has to be among the hardest punchers of all time, surely that can't be denied. The biggest problem with Wlad is his ability to take a punch. He's a bit like Tommy Morrison in that regard. They can dish out much greater than they can take.

That was the secret of big George's success. A very limited boxer in terms of skill. He would have been useless and easily beaten were he relying on power alone because he was easy to hit, unlike Wlad. But George could bash brains in AND take huge punishment. Wlad instead has to rely on defensive measures (which unfortunately include the much hated huggy bear routine!)
    hardest punchers of all time in no particular order:

Rocky Marciano
    George Foreman
    Ron Lyle
    Earnie Shavers
    Razor Ruddock
    Mike Tyson
    Lennox Lewis
    Joe Frazier
    Sonny LIston

sorry but wlad aint in there

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocky Marciano
    George Foreman
    Ron Lyle
    Earnie Shavers
    Razor Ruddock
    Mike Tyson
    Lennox Lewis
    Joe Frazier
    Sonny LIston

You must be joking. Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, sure thing!

Ruddock also hits very hard and may or may not rate with them.

Lyle and Shavers and Liston hit hard too but nowhere near as hard as the others, there power is gauged against what are today cruiserweights. When you check the performance against real HW's they are nothing special.

Joe Frazier is a featherfist. He would pose absolutely no punch threat today or throughout the 90's and 00's whatsoever and Rocky Marciano weighed 185lbs. There is not a modern HW who he could outpunch!

Wladimir is probably the hardest puncher of all time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocky Marciano
    George Foreman
    Ron Lyle
    Earnie Shavers
    Razor Ruddock
    Mike Tyson
    Lennox Lewis
    Joe Frazier
    Sonny LIston

You must be joking. Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, sure thing!

Ruddock also hits very hard and may or may not rate with them.

Lyle and Shavers and Liston hit hard too but nowhere near as hard as the others, there power is gauged against what are today cruiserweights. When you check the performance against real HW's they are nothing special.

Joe Frazier is a featherfist. He would pose absolutely no punch threat today or throughout the 90's and 00's whatsoever and Rocky Marciano weighed 185lbs. There is not a modern HW who he could outpunch!

Wladimir is probably the hardest puncher of all time.
    hmmm...not so sure you know your boxing history. i think you might just be making stuff up.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stats are there mate. Watch your men again and pull up there records. Knock off all the bums and cruisers off the records and you will see some of the <cough> "all time greats" are more like "one time greats".

I mean come on, this guy is rating Rocky Marciano's power who beat not a single 200+ lb HW of any credibility at all against Wladimir Klitschko who has among the best KO performance all time against the heaviest opponents of all time. Just look at them and look at them punch, one of them is a steel hammer and one was more a rubber mallet.

El Kabong Guest

Vitali would school Bowe because Vitali fights SMART Bowe routinely gave up his height and reach to mix it up. Plus Bowe NEVER fought a big time power puncher, Vitali would work him over.

As for "hardest punching heavyweights all-time" Wlad gets the KO's so I don't know why you wouldn't rate him other than you're spiteful and don't like his style. I wouldn't say he hits THE HARDEST, but he's one of the best power punchers. He's accurate, he stops his opponents, and he's got power in both hands his left hook is extremely underrated.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'll accept that but to say Marciano hits harder is out of ones mind!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stats are there mate. Watch your men again and pull up there records. Knock off all the bums and cruisers off the records and you will see some of the <cough> "all time greats" are more like "one time greats".

I mean come on, this guy is rating Rocky Marciano's power who beat not a single 200+ lb HW of any credibility at all against Wladimir Klitschko who has among the best KO performance all time against the heaviest opponents of all time. Just look at them and look at them punch, one of them is a steel hammer and one was more a rubber mallet.
    first off, pretty much every fighter that shavers fought said that he is the hardest hitter that they have ever faced so i trust them over what i see. you cant dispute what the fighters say. and im not saying that wlad isnt a hard hitter, but if you are saying to knock off all of the bums from the fighters records then that would really take out just about all of wlads opponents. and just because certain fighters are smaller doesnt mean that their chin is necessarily worse. for example, joe louis doesnt have the best chin in the world but it was solid and marciano KO'd him. im sure that hayes chin is worse and klit couldnt KO him and haye and louis are about the same size.

if you really want to see who hits hard, see who each fighter has knocked out or down or at least hurt that is considered to have a good chin.

again, im not arguing that marciano hits harder than wlad but im saying that if we are talking about just punching power without regard to skill then shavers and lyle would definitely have to be high on the list. max baer would be up there too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say Vitali beat Bowe and Bowe beats Wlad
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first off, pretty much every fighter that shavers fought said that he is the hardest hitter that they have ever faced so i trust them over what i see. you cant dispute what the fighters say. and im not saying that wlad isnt a hard hitter, but if you are saying to knock off all of the bums from the fighters records then that would really take out just about all of wlads opponents. and just because certain fighters are smaller doesnt mean that their chin is necessarily worse. for example, joe louis doesnt have the best chin in the world but it was solid and marciano KO'd him. im sure that hayes chin is worse and klit couldnt KO him and haye and louis are about the same size.

if you really want to see who hits hard, see who each fighter has knocked out or down or at least hurt that is considered to have a good chin.

again, im not arguing that marciano hits harder than wlad but im saying that if we are talking about just punching power without regard to skill then shavers and lyle would definitely have to be high on the list. max baer would be up there too.
    Well you make some good cases there but I do disagree. The first part is the most majorly objectionable point though- That the fighters Shaver's fought claimed Shaver's was the hardest puncher and their word cannot be disputed. I don't equate fighters talk with real analysis. You could argue that it's the punches you don't feel as hardest have the most concussive affect and fighters talk quite a bit of bull at times (not all though). Shavers was kind of like the "lagging behind" boy they felt sorry for imo and by pumping him up, pumped up the standing of those who fought him. It's amusing that all those guys who claimed Shaver's hit the hardest all BEAT Shaver's!

Ali fought Foreman- FOREMAN and took a trip to hospital afterwards from the beating, yet claimed Shaver's hit harder. Holmes was KO'd by Tyson, the only KO loss of his career and was visibly spanked, yet claimed Shaver's hit harder. Sorry but this is BS. The only noteworthy opponent Shaver's beat was Ken Norton- a glass jawed HW! So much for Earnie Shavers!

No just because a fighter is smaller does not mean they have weaker chin. There are exceptions, Evander Holyfield has among the strongest chins yet was never very large for example. But there is clear and irrefutable proof that as a general statistical rule, the heavier they are the harder they hit and the harder the punch they can take, it's just common sense. I would say that 185lb Marciano falls a little below par in the chin category as well. Atleast you can say it was not tested.

Oh yeah but he fought Louis and KO'd him. Well mate Louis was a pensioner when Rocky got him and totally shot. Imo Joe Louis would probably get the drop on Marciano were he to have fought him prime. And in any case Louis's own chin was not solid as you claimed. He was in fact almost KO'd by an emporer penguin named Tony Galento! David Haye has not the best chin you are correct there but he is so slick and was so cautious in that fight that Wladimir was unable to land much on him (and likewise of course).

Honestly by your own criteria, Max Baer and Marciano have no claim to anything regarding power punching. They fought nothing comparable to modern opponents. Ron Lyle I'll give you, he decked Foreman who has terrific chin!

You say Wladimir has fought bums, he fought a few, most boxers do but he has also fought a wealth of talented fighters with solid records. His opponents on the whole are just as good as what Lennox had. This and they are far stronger than those past warriors fought. Wlad KO'd Peter and Mercer- great chins!

I really see no comparison between such competitors and honestly believe all of those smaller guys would best be considered against the cruiser division today.

Thread Information