Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: razor ruddock vs evander holyfield prime for prime who wins

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: razor ruddock vs evander holyfield prime for prime who wins

I have a lot of respect for Evander....I hate his style but I respect the guy, he's 100% warrior

Rudduck was decent but NOWHERE NEAR Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Ahh!! you gotta be kidding....
    ICE are you just putting up whatever names come to mind now, so you could create threads?

Holyfield would mop the fucken arena with Ruddock....
    Excellent post ! Truth be told ! Ruddocks skills were S*** !
    alright how bout, prime ruddick vs prime tucker,or were tony t's skills sh!t as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    holyfield and ruddock were supposed to fight but it never happened but if it did happen who do you think would win ??
    fuk,thats a tough one ...but ill go with ruddick for a points victory,ruddick had a excellent chin/heart back in the day,he could take huge punishment, but so could holyfeild for that matter,so not to sure,would have been awsome fight ,but i think maybe ruddicks size would get the better of evander...
    ...whats ur oppinion,ice
    Lol. I think this fight is a joke. Holyfield wouldve whipped his ass! Maybe wouldnt knock him out but would have won a totally lopsided decision. Ruddock was never that good, he was a big, slow, clumsy ox. Sure he was strong. Sure he knocked out Michael Dokes. Who hadnt? Tyson outboxed him twice (yes the first was stopped prematurely but it would have ended the same way)...wtf do you think Holyfield wouldve done to him? Only way Ruddock stands a chance of not being made into a human punching bag is if he fought Evander when he was having heart problems. I dont think this would have been an awesome fight. There was a reason it never happened. Holyfield fights champions and Ruddock was never anything more than a mediocre contender. Tommy Morrison fought an exciting fight with him sure, stood toe to toe and kicked Ruddock's ass at the end. Lennox Lewis ABSOLUTELY FUCKING KILLED him! I dont know what you are thinking comparing him to a prime Holyfield. A better match would be Ruddock against Briggs or Valuev or maybe prime Ruddock against the Holyfield who fought Lewis back in what, '98-'99? Then maybe it would have been competitive.
    Your exactly right. ! The part of you post I highlighted sums it up quite nicely ! Cool click C in 24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICE are you just putting up whatever names come to mind now, so you could create threads?

alright how bout, prime ruddick vs prime tucker,or were tony t's skills sh!t as well
    I would take a prime Tony Tucker over Ruddock !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would take a prime Tony Tucker over Ruddick !
    i agrre wit u,that ruddick was shite,im just trying to start a good ol fashioned debate to kill the bordom....if we all agreed there would be no argument,i like to argue at times....BUT YEAH RUDDICK IS A BIG SLOW CUMSEY PEICE OF CANADIAN SHITE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I have a lot of respect for Evander....I hate his style but I respect the guy, he's 100% warrior

Hate Evander's style?

hhhmm?? Top condition always. Aggressive, Very hard to KO. Decent boxing skills. Took on all comers. Man I don't get it! Whats to hate?
    Dont forget the guy came up from 176!!!! fought guys like Foreman who weighed 257!! What didn't you like? The only knock I have EVER had against the guy was when he said that God told him he'd KO Lewis in the 3rd. Then when It didn't happen he should have come out and said, "hey I was wrong, obviously God didn't tell me that. Sorry for the mistake" for the sake of his testimony as a Christian which is very important to him.
    Other than that,(a personal issue) I always liked him and hope he gets a chance soon against some soft touch belt holder so he can quit ontop or lay it to rest.

El Kabong Guest

He smothered fighter, tied them up, and head butted like a son of a bitch.....that's all. As compared to Tyson who threw punches in bunches and bobbed and weaved and THEN tied up...he was dirty too but he had the power to really intrigue people....Evander is a heavyweight version of Bernard Hopkins....I just didn't dig his style but I do wish Tyson fought the guys he did and had that kind of dedication to the sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would take a prime Tony Tucker over Ruddick !
    i agrre wit u,that ruddick was shite,im just trying to start a good ol fashioned debate to kill the bordom....if we all agreed there would be no argument,i like to argue at times....BUT YEAH RUDDICK IS A BIG SLOW CUMSEY PEICE OF CANADIAN SHITE

Well he beat Greg Page who was a WBA champ, Dokes and 37 other guys (with 28 ko's) Had Tommy Morrison down. 2 good fights against Tyson.
    He fought and held the Canadian Heavyweight Title and treated it with respect. Not passing over it or Dissin' It like lots of guys do. I respect him for that alone. He did KO my Buddy Ken Lakusta though...
    The fight was for the Canadian Heavyweight Championship and was fought in SAKATOON,SASKATCHEWAN!! It was in may it was probably still -30 outside! lmao! Hey if he's Canadian shit?. then our shit gave the "baddest man on the planet" all he could f#ckin' handle for 2 fights! Imagine what our "cream" could do Oh ya....that's Lennox! who beat Klitschko so bad he took more stiches than Frankenstiens Monster! lmao!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

Hate his style Lyle

what part of his style do you hate Evander staying in the pocket and keeping constant offense going? ?? not taking any shit from Mickey Mouse formally called Mighty Mike coming in correct?? Being in great shape making the bigger man dig deep to try and compete?

Go back and watch Evander fight , Tyson , Foreman, Bowe, Cooper, Douglas, Tell me what’s not to like about his style ! hehehe? Infact you have to go back that far to see a good heavyweight match !

todays Heavyweights auh shit ! cheers mate !

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford

In most parts (if not all if am not mistaken) of canada it is illegal to own guns, so the average people there are into martial arts/boxing/etc from an early age.
    I'm not sure about that - all my family on my dad's side are Canadians now, and when I go there (which is a lot) the average city Canadian kid seems to be a bit soft and spoiled? Lots of Playstations and obesity there, plus a real car culture so nobody ever walks anywhere much in Toronto anyway?

I'm sure that there are lots of talented fighters, but in a population of only about 30 million, I doubt the 'average' generalisation really works? They sem pretty much like the Brits and the Yanks in the towns, and like the Aussies out in the country?

Only my view though?

I too think prime Ruddock v Holyfield would be competitive. Rudduck would be world champion if he was around now.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

I've seen those fights...the action is good and all but he still leads with his head, he smothers his opponent...it's all very blue collar, nothing flashy.

I didn't complain about his opponent selection or his shape just the fact he fouls all the time and he ties up all the time....people give Wlad shit about clinching so much but Evander ALWAYS does that.

Holyfield-Ruiz is where you really see that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never seen the fouls ? I'd like to see an example of the fouls you mention. yeah Holyfield - Ruiz was clinch fest, Ruiz being the culprit there.. Evader’s prime fights, he never held but just for a moment , maybe after throwing a 15 punch combination he would catch his breath.. Evander in his prime was the standard for excellence in professional boxing .

leading with his head? who doesn’t ? if you coming in for the attack your head is going to lead you.. where else it gonna be? behind you? show me a fighter that is being aggressive that don't lead with the head? Chavez would always lead with the head to rip those body shots. hell everyone that’s any good is gonna commit to their punches !

El Kabong Guest

Ruiz's style didn't help the matter but Holyfield ALWAYS fought like that....just the other guy didn't clinch back as much.

Holyfield is a prime time fouler....he headbutts ALL THE TIME intentional or not he does it and it helps him win......ask Hasim Rahman (though I thought Rahman was going to lose anyways).

It just gets annoying is all....Holyfield's head should be illegal! Nothing dents that thing!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My exact thoughts as i opened the thread!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree on both points. Ruddock had "The Smash" and that was it. Holyfield is an elite fighter. Ruddock is not

Thread Information