Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Some Of The Great Superfeatherweights

Well i would pick Oscar he was great at that weight and JCC i think he could pull it off maybe KO PBF.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    Here is one outside opinion..for discussion:

MIKE CASEY'S ALL-TIME TOP 20
    01. Alexis Arguello (Nicaragua)
    02. Julio Cesar Chavez (Mexico)
    03. Kid Chocolate (Cuba)
    04. Sandy Saddler (USA)
    05. Floyd Mayweather Jnr (USA)
    06. Azumah Nelson (Ghana)
    07. Alfredo Escalera (Puerto Rico)
    08. Tod Morgan (USA)
    09. Johnny Dundee (USA)
    10. Flash Elorde (Philippines)
    11. Samuel Serrano (Puerto Rico)
    12. Bobby Chacon (USA)
    13. Cornelius Boza Edwards (England)
    14. Brian Mitchell (South Africa)
    15. Tony Lopez (USA)
    16. Wilfredo Gomez (Puerto Rico)
    17. Benny Bass (USA)
    18. Rafael (Bazooka) Limon (Mexico)
    19. Rocky Lockridge (USA)
    20. Hiroshi Kobayashi (Japan)
    Looks to me like Mikes being a little biased there in his list. I'm quite possibly the biggest JCC fan here and have defended him thru all.
    I've said that 'School Boy' is underrated and underappreaciated one of my fav. fighters.
    But how Mike determined that Flash lands at #10 below JCC, PBF, Escalera, Morgan & Dundee is beyond me.
    Again I love me some 'School Boy' but how he managed to land above Lopez is beyond me and what is Booza doing at #13?
    Not sure when Mike made this list but where's Pacquiao?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would not have beaten JCC at super feather , in my opinion
    But i think if he fought all those guys he wouldnt be undefeated , he may beat some but lets be fait JCC is far better at SFW than JLC was a lightweight and he gave Floyd 2 tough fights ,id pick JCC to stop floyd late on especially over 15 rounds.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 130 Mayweather beats any of them. Guys like Arguello, Nelson are just too slow, and Mayweather is just too much of a better fighter than barrera, Morrales,Guzman, etc. at 130 he is Leonard, Roy Jones jr., robinson, etc., but with a greater defence than any of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Floyd would not have beaten JCC at super feather , in my opinion
    But i think if he fought all those guys he wouldnt be undefeated , he may beat some but lets be fait JCC is far better at SFW than JLC was a lightweight and he gave Floyd 2 tough fights ,id pick JCC to stop floyd late on especially over 15 rounds.
    JLC did well against Mayweather because he fought like nobody has foughten, that I've seen. He came forward not throwing punches, and he used a lot more head movement than JCC ever used. Castillo also only gave Mayweather one tough fight because the second wasn't that tought at all. Watching JCC against Meldrick Taylor or Whitaker makes me think he would be relatively lost with Mayweather in the ring because the only reason he ever hit Whitaker was because Whitaker wouldn't bring his hands up, and he was southpaw. I think JCC would make it close, but the longer the fight the more it would favor Mayweather because he never gets tired or slows down.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it all depends i think it is a pick em fight to telll you the truth depends how judges score it as well.

ICB Guest

Chavez struggled against fast fighters look at Whitaker and Taylor for examples he also had a few gift decisions at Superfeatherweight Juan La Porte, Rocky Lockridge, spring to mind.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well when he got to Whitaker i think he was going down hill and did he not beat Taylor last time i checked ice and JCC was ring old when he fought both. Not saying that PBF would be killed or anything he have a chance to win as well but i would favor JCC i think he get a close ud or a md over PBF.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Well when he got to Whitaker i think he was going down hill and did he not beat Taylor last time i checked ice and JCC was ring old when he fought both. Not saying that PBF would be killed or anything he have a chance to win as well but i would favor JCC i think he get a close ud or a md over PBF.
    Chavez was 27 when he fought Taylor and 31 when he fought Whitaker thats hardly an old man.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did not say he was old in age but in ring age he was done when he fought Oscar and he was not that old. I mean it more for Whitaker i mean he was already a pro for 13 years and had 87 fights his age was not that old but his ring age was old.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Alltime Great Superfeatherweights

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Not really comment on the fights but more of the title of this thread reads as follows:
    Title: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Alltime Great Superfeatherweights

The red area reads All-Time Great, and either I must be missing something here but since when are these guys all time great Super Feathers?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Roger Mayweather = Mayweather Jr by 6th round KO.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Hector Camacho = Mayweather by UD.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Joan Guzman = Mayweather by UD.
    So you didn't even bother to comment on the thread ?? you just commented to pick me up on my wording ??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are pretty biased...

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Not really comment on the fights but more of the title of this thread reads as follows:
    Title: Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Alltime Great Superfeatherweights

The red area reads All-Time Great, and either I must be missing something here but since when are these guys all time great Super Feathers?

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Roger Mayweather = Mayweather Jr by 6th round KO.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Hector Camacho = Mayweather by UD.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Joan Guzman = Mayweather by UD.
    So you didn't even bother to comment on the thread ?? you just commented to pick me up on my wording ??
    Whats with the rolling of the eyes?
    You alright? I clearly said at the very begining of my post "Not really comment on the fights but more of the title of this thread"
    A thread is for debate I noticed you put All-Time Greats my comment to that was that I felt neither one of those guys I listed is an All-Time great. You said you worded it wrong and changed the title. Oddly enough it still says some of the Great Super Feathers.
    Again my opinion is that Guzman, Camacho and Roger are not some of the Great Super Feathers that was my input to your thread at that time.

Now, I'm not one to just see a list and jump in and type whatever comes to mind just to reply. That's why most of the time I'm last to reply on a list of matchups I like to look at the list think about it. Then go do something else in another thread maybe look thru some fight results and how certain fighter faired and or how they careers went at a certain time. For example PBF is ortho, Pac & Camacho are souths I like to see how PBF faired against souths for example how he did against Zab and Corley then I compare what Corley did well vs. how Camacho and or Pac can either better that or maybe neither one can do the same. For example Zabs hand speed & south style seemed to give PBF issues at times Pacs got very good hand speed and hes def. got the power so theres something to think about.
    So you see ICB, if I dont' reply to one of your lists within minutes or a day it's not because I don't want to it's because I like to take my time with certain matchups. I hope this clears up any questions you had.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i hope you do answer sometime Cut i like to see what you think would win i only think Oscar and JCC would beat PBF like to see who you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seriously don't think Oscar was better in his prime than he is now. Sure he was faster, but I believe he is stronger at this point in his career, Floyd Snr taught him how to improve his defence signicantly. YOu watch Oscar-Mosley 1 and MOsley was able to land that right hand almost as much as he wanted, but by the second fight Oscar was blocking it more than twice as much as in the first fight. As for Chavez fighting a lot, so what? If you add up all the sparring time that Mayweather does he probably has more time in the ring fighting than those guys with 100s of fights. They used to not spar as much, and have more real fights, for me there is obviously a difference between the two, but I don't they put more time in the ring that Mayweather or Oscar or Mosley especially considering their extensive amateur careers.

Thread Information