Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Angulo vs Mayorga close to being finalized for February 14th

Mayorga will drop Angulo like 3rd period French.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you look at Mayorga's record in his last 8-10 fights it pretty much sucks.
    He shouldnt be constantly getting big purses, hes a spent force.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    I am sooooooo excited about this one for some reason.

Mayorga should now be on the scrap heap but because his so exciting to watch and so darn unpredictable he`ll always be in and around the top of the divisions.

If angulo fights sensible he should take him in 6/7, if however mayorga is able to draw him into a war he is gonna have his stiffest test yet and may just come unstuck!!
    I don't give a shit waht anyone says about Mayorga...I am with you he is so exciting I look forward to his fights....

Tell you what...If every fighter gave what Mayorga did in the ring this sport would have little to complain about

yup

the guy is just an old school slugger that gets paid to let his hands go and engage champs in out and out war.

You come up against something completely different to what your ever used to fighting ricardo and have to at some point be able to go toe to toe and exchange some serious blows.

Angulo or anyone else that comes up against him is in for a tough nights work!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If you look at Mayorga's record in his last 8-10 fights it pretty much sucks.
    He shouldnt be constantly getting big purses, hes a spent force.
    I can't agree with you on that one DLA....IOn his last 10 he has only lost to Mosley, Trinidad, DLH and Spinks when Spinks was decisioning everyone....

6 Heads Lewis was undefeated...

Forrest had just shocked a prime Mosley twice...

Piccirillo was thought highly of...

He sent Vargas into retirement finally..

Eric Mitchell was his worst opp...

He has won three world titles and given us some of the best highlights..and he is perhaps the best showman out there...Certainly the best trash talker.....

I like the guy he is worth the buck
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am big on Angulo but I just don't like this match for him.Don't know if he has enough firepower to refute all to eager Mayorga and the ones that have done well against Mayorga,DLH,Tito,Spinks and Mosley to a lessor degree (by choice Imo), have had decent footwork,would switch up combined it with quick sharp hitting. I don't see that in Angulo in a big way yet.And he gets hit....should be a night of fireworks .

And Campbell is getting screwed.....again.I hope he is at least in the main event and deserves much better than what he his settling for.Pac should be cleaning up his division,or trying, instead of going to the circus with DelaHypa.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there were more fighters like Mayorga today we would have alot more better match ups.

I felt sorry for him in the Mosely fight, I thought if hed finished the fight it was deffo his on points, I thought hed be too big and strong and relentles for an old Mosely and stop him but for some reason he held back and tried boxing and tired, Mosely did well to find that power come the end but if Mayorga had been his usual careless self, i reckon hed have over whelmed Shane.

Hopefully he can get a nice win here, ive never heard or seen the opponent here though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with you mick. I have not seen Angulo dig deep yet, bt I see Mayorga putting him to the test. Mayorga is not lacking stamina, and I think his style is really gonna lend to some big shots getting landed at some point, no doubt.

I...too... cannot wait for this card
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    If there were more fighters like Mayorga today we would have alot more better match ups.

I felt sorry for him in the Mosely fight, I thought if hed finished the fight it was deffo his on points, I thought hed be too big and strong and relentles for an old Mosely and stop him but for some reason he held back and tried boxing and tired, Mosely did well to find that power come the end but if Mayorga had been his usual careless self, i reckon hed have over whelmed Shane.

Hopefully he can get a nice win here, ive never heard or seen the opponent here though
    Fight prior to his last.Nice test but Angulo is still green but on the rise.Mayorga will ask him alot of questions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgKG0...eature=related

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes slow and methodical like Margarito and I also noticed he gets caught with over hand rights, Mayorga will like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes slow and methodical like Margarito and I also noticed he gets caught with over hand rights, Mayorga will like that.

Yeah Mayorga loves them overhand rights....His bread and butter punch....

I think at times Vernon Forrest still wobbles from the one he was caught with in their first fight

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your damn right he will! VIVA MAYORGA!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I think Mayorga has had it now as a top fighter, I really thought hed do Shane, Shane isnt that great and deffo not any more, for him to take Mayorga at the last seconds was quite a dissapointment, like I said earlier, I felt Mayorga had done everything and landed everything making him up on the cards but he wasnt!!!

I think I could be wrong, I wouldnt have thought hed take a fight like this unless he was getting well paid, I dont think he will be so maybe hes pulling his socks up and trying to honestly work his way back to a title, I thought the way the Mosely fight ended could ruin any confidence the good work he did leading up to it but if he wins here I think he gets another shot, there are so many champs today and Ricardo has value, people know hiom and like to watch him, hopefully he isnt just content to be a gatekeeper now and smashes Angulo up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I think Mayorga has had it now as a top fighter, I really thought hed do Shane, Shane isnt that great and deffo not any more, for him to take Mayorga at the last seconds was quite a dissapointment, like I said earlier, I felt Mayorga had done everything and landed everything making him up on the cards but he wasnt!!!

I think I could be wrong, I wouldnt have thought hed take a fight like this unless he was getting well paid, I dont think he will be so maybe hes pulling his socks up and trying to honestly work his way back to a title, I thought the way the Mosely fight ended could ruin any confidence the good work he did leading up to it but if he wins here I think he gets another shot, there are so many champs today and Ricardo has value, people know hiom and like to watch him, hopefully he isnt just content to be a gatekeeper now and smashes Angulo up
    Top caliber anymore?? No I agree he is not but still he is a guy who will make his opp fight hard...He is also a guy who gives it his all...

As for being a gatkeeper and being satisfied with it?

Mayorga is not the type of guy who considers himself as such and he is not the type of guy who will be played in such a role....

Too much pride in him for that

Thread Information