Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the greatest fight you have seen ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what is the greatest fight you have seen ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I have to say imo the greatest fight (fights) I have ever have to be the Gatti/Ward trio....Not the biggest names and not the best fighters but you will never see more heart. more give and take, more of an ability to go at it then the 3 nights these guys did.....

I think it would have killed most fighters....These bouts were beyond fantastic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3bFrP8-HM
    Good call. I think the first fight of the trilogy is one of the most appropriate to recruit new fans BTW.
    There are so many options, but I think I was the most excited after i saw RJJ vs. Richard Hall.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been around boxing for 45+ years. So I saw many great fights. My all time favorite was Kevin Kelly vs Prince Naseem Hamed. Back and forth action with one counter left ending the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't see it live but my favourite fight ever has to be Hagler-Hearns. Just out and out excitement but it could never have lasted long fighting at that pace. I must have seen it 200 times and I still get goosebumps now! Quality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Barrera/Morales 3 was incredible.

But all time favourite has Castillo/Corrales 1 - quite simply the most brutal 10 rounds of boxing you'll ever see and a safe bet that neither guy was the same after.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny part of this thread is the separating of,man I really enjoyed that fight,because it turned out how I wanted it too,and it was just a great fight.
    I went for any Of the Ali Frazier fights,because they were just wars. But if you went for which fight do I go to watch when Im in a crappy mood,Ive watched Hopkins-Trinidad more times then I can count,but thats just self gratification, even though nobody gave him an iota of a chance to win,Bernard takes Tito to school,I watch that even more then what he did to Tarver,I allmost feel bad for Tarver in that fight because you can see it in his eyes,he's totally lost in there. Trinidad is more gratifying probably because of all the BS you hear out of Trinidad's corner and from Foreman all throughout the fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Funny part of this thread is the separating of,man I really enjoyed that fight,because it turned out how I wanted it too,and it was just a great fight.
    I went for any Of the Ali Frazier fights,because they were just wars. But if you went for which fight do I go to watch when Im in a crappy mood,Ive watched Hopkins-Trinidad more times then I can count,but thats just self gratification, even though nobody gave him an iota of a chance to win,Bernard takes Tito to school,I watch that even more then what he did to Tarver,I allmost feel bad for Tarver in that fight because you can see it in his eyes,he's totally lost in there. Trinidad is more gratifying probably because of all the BS you hear out of Trinidad's corner and from Foreman all throughout the fight.
    I did Trainer - so much so that I plunked down $50 at 7 to 1 for the KO... After round 10 I thought Tito would go the distance, but Bernard stepped it up and man was I happy when I saw Tito's old man waving the towel.

That was '01 and I remember they had to postpone it coz of 9/11. And THEN a few weeks later, I cleaned up on Tszyu KO'ing Judah.

I was on a purple patch...
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I did Trainer - so much so that I plunked down $50 at 7 to 1 for the KO... After round 10 I thought Tito would go the distance, but Bernard stepped it up and man was I happy when I saw Tito's old man waving the towel.

That was '01 and I remember they had to postpone it coz of 9/11. And THEN a few weeks later, I cleaned up on Tszyu KO'ing Judah.

I never bet on anything,ever.Its one of my rules in life. But jesus if I could have broken it for just one night,that would have been the night. Good on ya, I bet you like that fight even more then I do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hagler-Hearns: non-stop brawling.

Holyfield-Bowe 1: the 11th round had good action and Holyfield showed alot of heart.
    Last edited by Creasy; 01-13-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: text formatting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

I never bet on anything,ever.Its one of my rules in life. But jesus if I could have broken it for just one night,that would have been the night. Good on ya, I bet you like that fight even more then I do
    Probably I've never been a huge Hopkins fan - but if you are a boxing fan you MUST respect him, and that fight was his crowning achievement. DLH showed the keys to beating Tito, but Bernard just defused EVERYTHING in his arsenal and Tito was never Tito again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't pick a single fight for fights that I've seen. I can tell you that I became a boxing fan from watching replays on weekend afternoons on network television. Fights like Hagler/Antuefermo, Leornard/Duran 1 & 2, numerous Larry Holmes fights, Ray Mancini, Arguello, Benitez., Hearns. Even Tyson fights made it to network TV at that time.

I didn't watch fights live until the Tyson era. I didn't live with my Dad so I couldn't order PPV and nobody in my house would watch HBO fights live. I could pick them up on replays. When I got older, I would go to my dad's and watch fights at his house. I think the first PPV fight I saw was Tyson/Ruddock 1 with my Dad, but The first GREAT fight I saw live, on PPV, was Holyfield/Bowe.

I remember my dad thinking at first that Bowe hadn't done enough to 'take' the title and I told him that he was crazy, Evander won clearly. Then he saw Evander's face in the post fight interview and changed his mind. He didn't know how to score a fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn so many but I know 2 of my favorites are Cotto/Margarito and Ward/Emanuel Augustus....Just good fights imo....I've watched the Ward/Augustus fights I don't know how many times.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Live on TV - off the Top of my head I'd say Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan as that was a War.

I watched both Fidel Bassa vs Dave McCauley when I was younger and they were awesome fights (should be getting a d/l of them soon from Herb)
    McGuigans defense against Danilo Cabrera was an exciting fight from memory but another I need to see again.

Non Live there have been many - Ron Lyle vs George Foreman sticks out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chacon-Limon

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a youngster living in london, england apart from the superfights we never got american fights at all.

The only time boxing would come on is if it was a domestic card.

I genuinely recollect half the family around my rich aunts as a youngster all going crazy for the nigel benn-chris eubank fights and that was pretty much what hooked me and many of the youth growing up in early 90s britain onto boxing.

The love for benn was only matched for the hatred people felt towards eubank and it was great entertainment for a young lad who had never really paid any attention to the sport.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Archie Moore vs Yvonne Durelle - One

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information