Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My underated and overated list

...and the steelers, phillies, and celtics sucked last year too. Oh why cause they aren't my favorite teams. Either way there's my overrated list.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hopkins is more like underrated

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dick Whittington View Post
    I meant Vic Darchnyan , but seeing as you want to be a clever bugger answer me a few questions !

Did Hopkins show out and try to get Calzaghe disqualified ? Calzaghe did hit low, and Hopkins overreacted, not the first or last fighter to do it, Judah did it against Cotto, Mayweather did it against Judah, and Vargas did it against Trinidad, and the list goes on
    Why didnt Mayweather fight any of the top Welterweights ?
    he has plenty of other big names that he fought in their primes and in their best divisions
    He went after over the hill de la Hoya and always vulnerable Judah a fighter who has been knocked out times and lost badly to every top fighter he's fought and coming off a loss to Baldomir.
    Cotto was at welter
    Williams was at welter
    Magarito was at welter
    Mosely was at welter

No , Mayweather plumped for the smaller Hatton a fighter made for him !
    Oscar had a lot more left in the tank when Mayweather fought him and he fought DLH at 154. Was not the same DLH that Pacquiao beat, and here's a question for you, why didn't Calzaghe fight out of England or Wales until the very end of his career? Why didn't Calzaghe go and fight the BEST FIGHTERS while they STILL WERE the best, he was given the win over Hopkins and many, myself included that B-Hop did enough to win, and then fought a very shot version of Roy Jones, then denies Hopkins a rematch and runs from other fighters such as Dawson, Johnson, Cunnigham, Adamek, etc. and goes into retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    I meant Vic Darchnyan , but seeing as you want to be a clever bugger answer me a few questions !

Did Hopkins show out and try to get Calzaghe disqualified ? Calzaghe did hit low, and Hopkins overreacted, not the first or last fighter to do it, Judah did it against Cotto, Mayweather did it against Judah, and Vargas did it against Trinidad, and the list goes on
    he has plenty of other big names that he fought in their primes and in their best divisions
    He went after over the hill de la Hoya and always vulnerable Judah a fighter who has been knocked out times and lost badly to every top fighter he's fought and coming off a loss to Baldomir.
    Cotto was at welter
    Williams was at welter
    Magarito was at welter
    Mosely was at welter

Oscar had a lot more left in the tank when Mayweather fought him and he fought DLH at 154. Was not the same DLH that Pacquiao beat, and here's a question for you, why didn't Calzaghe fight out of England or Wales until the very end of his career? Why didn't Calzaghe go and fight the BEST FIGHTERS while they STILL WERE the best, he was given the win over Hopkins and many, myself included that B-Hop did enough to win, and then fought a very shot version of Roy Jones, then denies Hopkins a rematch and runs from other fighters such as Dawson, Johnson, Cunnigham, Adamek, etc. and goes into retirement.
    Please!! Why did Hopkins not fight Calzaghe for a career high pay day in 2002?? Calzaghe was badly managed by Franky boy, why did Hopkins pull out of the fight in 2002 when he was in his prime?? Thats the question.

Also runs from Cunningham and Adamek?

Yes i seen that everyone was crying out to see them fights considering there both 200lbs fighters.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I meant Vic Darchnyan , but seeing as you want to be a clever bugger answer me a few questions ! Ok

Did Hopkins show out and try to get Calzaghe disqualified ? No, that's the standard Brit-fan (not boxing fan) response, his career is arguably the best in modern boxing. Hence why many objective boxing fans have him high in all-time lists. Many thought he won the fight against the mighty Joe.
    You're obviously unaware that he went up to welterweight in 2005 & his last fight was in 2007. He has since retired.

He went after over the hill de la Hoya and always vulnerable Judah a fighter who has been knocked out times and lost badly to every top fighter he's fought and coming off a loss to Baldomir. He fought ODLH at 154 which is at least about 15lbs above his natural fighting weight. He beat him comfortably despite the fact Oscar probably weighed in close to 10 lbs heavier than him on fight night. Also the Judah fight was set whilst Judah was still the lineal champ at 147, so they went ahead with the fight then, and Floyd then fought the man who was the lineal champ at 147, Baldomir. Or would you rather he had fought the alphabet champs

Cotto was at welter Cotto only moved to welterweight in late 2006, after Mayweather had already signed on a fight with De La Hoya in May. It was not until Cotto beat Zab Judah (yep him the guy who was a joke when PBF fought him) in June 2007 that his name started being talked about as a possible Mayweather opponent. Unfortunately he was behind Hatton who Mayweather was apparently ducking.

Williams was at welter Paul Williams only became a serious contender for a Mayweather fight after he beat Margarito in July 2007, by which time the Hatton fight was already signed. He then blew his hype by losing to Carlos Quintana in his first defence.

Magarito was at welter Ahh, good old Tony, well assuming he didn't come into the fight with rocks in his gloves, the fact was Margarito was effectively like a younger Baldomir. There was little to gain, as people would have said he was a plodder had he been beaten, and the so-called $8m is chump change when compared to making a fight with Oscar. Margarito blew any chance he might have had post-Hatton by losing to Williams.

Mosely was at welter Mosley had plenty of chances to fight Mayweather. He demanded a $10m guarantee when Mayweather wanted the fight when they were both at lightweight, and he had a chance to fight him in the interim between the Baldomir & De La Hoya fights, but chose to wait to fight Collazo (fair enough as he was coming back down to 147) as a tune-up then fought Cotto whilst PBF fought Hatton.

No , Mayweather plumped for the smaller Hatton a fighter made for him ! The good old smaller fighter routine. This would work except for the fact that Mayweather started his career at Super-Featherweight where he was big, came up to Lightweight were was marginally above average, then to Light-Welter where he was slightly smaller than average, then up to Welterweight where he was small. Hatton meanwhile has been at 140 his whole career and is considered powerful, whilst not big, for that division. The weight argument is one put forward by people who knew nothing of Floyd before he fought Hatton, the fact is if anything Mayweather is the smaller man in terms of musculature. Hatton just got KTFO by a considerably more talented fighter, who did it fighting his fight.
    Hope that helps. Yes, I am a clever buggger
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 03-24-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Cotto was at welter
    Williams was at welter
    Magarito was at welter
    Mosely was at welter

Please!! Why did Hopkins not fight Calzaghe for a career high pay day in 2002?? Calzaghe was badly managed by Franky boy, why did Hopkins pull out of the fight in 2002 when he was in his prime?? Thats the question.

Also runs from Cunningham and Adamek?

Yes i seen that everyone was crying out to see them fights considering there both 200lbs fighters.
    ummm that's the limit and seems kinda weak when a 40 something Hopkins most likely is gonna go through and fight the dude (Adamek) that Calzaghe wouldn't even consider, hell Calzaghe didn't even dare to take on fights that he probably would have won, and would have gotten a nice pay day in Taylor & Pavlik, and he sure as hell would have gotten a lot more credit than taking on Peter Manfredo, and on top of that by winning by some bullshit stoppage, Manfredo is a joke, and Calzaghe didn't even really hurt the douche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but didnt roy do the same kinda ting wid steve collins

Thread Information