View Poll Results: The Nightmare or Dr. Ironfist

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • Arreola

10 22.22%
  • Klitschko

35 77.78%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Arreola has a chance against Klitschko?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does anyone think Arreola has a chance against Klitschko?

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    I think he has a better punchers chance than anyone else in the entire heavy division to be honest. Lets face it, no one has reall tested the chin of the Klit for a while. I'm gonna say he can catch the Klit cold within 3 if he's lucky otherwise he's gonna get jabbed and jabbed and jabbed and slow down each and every round until he's beat......
    That's totally true. The problem is getting around the jab and that sleep-inducing right hand.

I wonder if Vlad would back out of his Chambers fight if Arreola pulled off the upset of the century and beat Vitali in order to avenge his brother's defeat.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Does anyone think Arreola has a chance against Klitschko?

I just hope this fight happens and Vitali doesn't have some old injury come up on fight night and it gets canceled lol. Chris has a good chance if he goes for the gusto and takes it to the big man but if tries to make it a thinking mans fight then he goes night night after a long and painful beating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll give him a puncher's chance and you never know with Vitali's age one could never know.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Areolae has no chance unless Klitschko suddenly gets old overnight. Areolae nearly got KOd in the first round against Travis Walker rushing in, if he does it to Klitschko it'll be over really early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of both fighters. But I gotta go with the local warrior.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Areolae has no chance unless Klitschko suddenly gets old overnight. Areolae nearly got KOd in the first round against Travis Walker rushing in, if he does it to Klitschko it'll be over really early.
    Maybe I need to check that one again.Seem to remember Arreola doing next to nothing,standing there over thinking for the first segment and letting Walker establish his reach,jab...get brave.Only after the KD he woke up and went nuts out on Walker.If he tries to 'box' Vitali...wait outside.... he'll be eaten rights and jabs ala one of his late night Taco bell drive thru runs.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Maybe I need to check that one again.Seem to remember Arreola doing next to nothing,standing there over thinking for the first segment and letting Walker establish his reach,jab...get brave.Only after the KD he woke up and went nuts out on Walker.If he tries to 'box' Vitali...wait outside.... he'll be eaten rights and jabs ala one of his late night Taco bell drive thru runs.
    He's going to have to try and get his areolae on the inside to fight and every time he tries to come in he's going to be target practice for the laboratory creation Klitschko. Unless Klitschko has lost it overnight he can't help but win. Areolae can move faster than Sam Peter and might even land a decent punch or two but at some point he's going to get sparked.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he doesn't do Taco Bell anymore. He's got a nutritionist and he's going to come in so close to being in shape that I can't call him Araeolae anymore. He was 250 in his last couple of fights, wonder what he's going to come in at.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone hear how Arreola looked at the weigh-in yesterday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Arreola, I love Vitali and would have picked him over Cris 2-5 years ago, but Vitali seems to be held together these days with rubberbands ans duct tape, couple that with his age and you get this risky prediction of mine.. I like Cris too and am a fan of his, he seems to have a certain confidence and poise to him. I think his energy and style are good for the division and the sport
    Although I wouldnt be suprised if Klit stopped him do to still having plenty in the tank and being injury free.

Vitali is a stone wall with a ton of experience and that is a tall order for Arreola...

Though I think Arreola being HW champ isint a bad thing, he would be the 1st Mexican descent to do it, plus it would remind me of when Happy Gilmore took to the golf course, it certainly was a change of pace from the norm

Imagine down to earth Cris with his tell it like it is with tons of tattoos a beer belly and pink shorts being the heavyweight champ. good news is he is young, tough and willing to fight anyone. if he gets by Vitali, Cris is going to smash Wlad to pieces.
    Last edited by JT Rock; 09-23-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    You have to wonder if maybe a top flight trainer would do well for Arreola. I'm not saying Ramirez (?) is bad, but a more experienced trainer could improve on his defense etc.
    I'd say a conditioning coach should be the first step.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he has a chance we didnt learn much from the fights with Sam Peter and Gomez Arreola has to put it on him and see how he copes he has to give everything he has got.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go out on a limb and pick arreola. I think way way too much is made our of arreola's weight and apperrance and not what he's doing in the ring. He doesn't have the skill or experience to beat klitch but he does have the punch and heart and is sorta smart in the ring at times. I belive the klitch is taking his opponet a little bit too lightly. If chris come in weighing 320 pounds with one glove so he can hold a donut in the other hand yet still wins....then who gives a shit. I'm actually real close to going to the fight actually, they are selling tic's for half freakin price. I got the ok from the wife but can't figure out a for sure way to get to the mcafee in oakland on sun for the raiduh bronco game...damn.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if vitali's aged overnight.

El Kabong Guest

I'm more worried if a loss to Vitali will completely ruin Arreola.

I think Vitali is measured enough (and has done this so often) that he will pick Cris apart and not allow for any wild exchanges.

If Cris does somehow pull off an upset(highly unlikely), I think Wladimir would definently teach him a boxing lesson.

Thread Information