Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe haters lets do some irrational hating

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I never cared much for Calzaghe or his horrible trainer/father....but Ricky Hatton should have followed in Joe's career path. Go from Kostya Tszyu to Sharmba Mitchell to Erik Morales to Marco Antonio Barerra to a couple more old fuckers at 147 and then retire undefeated.

If Ottke, Calzaghe, or Michalczweski had the stones to come to the US to fight RJJ in the late 90's early 2000's then they would have had the shit beaten right out of them and hell even OLD Roy and OLD Hopkins gave a PRIME Joe Calzaghe trouble.

It must be a hollow feeling being "the best" just because you never dared to take a live challenge....oh well, I'm sure this will just go down as me hating on the Brits but like I give a fuck

Calzaghe was extremely talented but he never tested himself....I don't mean to seem 100% one sided but it kind of pisses me off when he had the chance to fight RJJ and Hopkins at various points in his career and never did it until late and RJJ and Hopkins piss me off because they had chances to take on bigger fish but waited too long too, although Roy did fight better competition than Hopkins and Hopkins fought better competition than Calzaghe.
    Lyle, you know Calzaghe was not exactly in his prime when he fought Jones and Hopkins. You know enough about boxing and Calzaghe to know that. You are making a populist statement in the hope its convinces a few more people. But i don't think you yourself believe the 36 year old Calzaghe that took on them two was 'prime'.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    I never cared much for Calzaghe or his horrible trainer/father....but Ricky Hatton should have followed in Joe's career path. Go from Kostya Tszyu to Sharmba Mitchell to Erik Morales to Marco Antonio Barerra to a couple more old fuckers at 147 and then retire undefeated.

If Ottke, Calzaghe, or Michalczweski had the stones to come to the US to fight RJJ in the late 90's early 2000's then they would have had the shit beaten right out of them and hell even OLD Roy and OLD Hopkins gave a PRIME Joe Calzaghe trouble.

It must be a hollow feeling being "the best" just because you never dared to take a live challenge....oh well, I'm sure this will just go down as me hating on the Brits but like I give a fuck

Calzaghe was extremely talented but he never tested himself....I don't mean to seem 100% one sided but it kind of pisses me off when he had the chance to fight RJJ and Hopkins at various points in his career and never did it until late and RJJ and Hopkins piss me off because they had chances to take on bigger fish but waited too long too, although Roy did fight better competition than Hopkins and Hopkins fought better competition than Calzaghe.
    Lyle, you know Calzaghe was not exactly in his prime when he fought Jones and Hopkins. You know enough about boxing and Calzaghe to know that. You are making a populist statement in the hope its convinces a few more people. But i don't think you yourself believe the 36 year old Calzaghe that took on them two was 'prime'.
    He was far closer to his prime than Jones or Hopkins tho.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

He was far closer to his prime than Jones or Hopkins tho.
    Yes its a fartial argument , " who was more shot at that point " , fact is Calzaghe never fought any of his rivals for what ever reason , and waited until Jones etc had been beaten before.
    Lacy a bum , Kessler one dimentional , both of those are proven facts.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right us haters always produce facts of why Calzaghe just weren't that good as in opponents he faced and opponents he didn't face and how meaningless most of his title defences were so come on Calzaghe fans give us the facts of why he was so good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was obviously a talented fighter. Jeff Lacy is the killer. That was a huge fight, a giant fight that a huge number of people (myself included) thought Calzaghe would win and he did. I think he wasted his career up to that point fighting people we didn't care about. Calzaghe to me was always kind of like Felix Sturm is now except undefeated of course. I had only seen a couple of his fights broadcast by Showtime, the rest I had to download online when I began getting into boxing a little more. So undefeated is great, but there's a reason he never entered the P4P rankings until after the Lacy win. Discredit that win if you may, taking a fighters 0 is no small feat, it shouldn't be to discredited if they lose later. Especially Kessler, I never thought he would fight Kessler and actually gained a fair bit of respect for him for fighting, and beating Kessler. I did think he would win though.

Against Hopkins, showed he was a really good fighter with his own unique skillset and matched up pretty well versus an ATG. I thought he lost

Against Jones, like OumaFan said, easiest fight to predict ever. I did go apeshit when he got floored though but like 30 seconds later I realized it wasn't going to matter.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say my dislike for Calzaghe spiked to record highs before the Hopkins fight when he and his even more annoying dad kept going on about him punching 9 times in a second, I think Sal might have made a video on that

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYc80ml7Sc

lmfao funniest shit of all time, how can anyone be a fan of that guy?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    Right us haters always produce facts of why Calzaghe just weren't that good as in opponents he faced and opponents he didn't face and how meaningless most of his title defences were so come on Calzaghe fans give us the facts of why he was so good.
    Come on then i'll entertain you. Here's why your argument is complete crap...

Lacy - unbeaten, no.2 Ring rated, IBF champion when Calzaghe slaughtered him. He was not the exposed guy you falsely claim him to be. Fact.

Kessler - unbeaten, no.1 Ring rated, WBC/WBA champion when Calzaghe schooled him. He was not the guy with a loss to Andre Ward. Fact.

Hopkins - P4P no.3, Linear/Ring lightheavyweight champion when Calzaghe beat him. Fact.

Roy - past his pomp legend. Fact. Here's something interesting though, 36% of Saddo voters picked Jones to win - including a certain Mr Tysonbruno and Dark Lord Al. Fact.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...l-win-why.html

Haters.. I've shit em.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-03-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, Joe wasn't in his prime by the time he fought Hopkins.

He probably wasn't a fighter in his prime when he fought Evans Ashira... He's hand problems have been rife and his power has suffered GREATLY since around 2005.

The man put Eubank on his arse; he had power
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    The man put Eubank on his arse; he had power
    ANOTHER overrated Brit

RJJ post 2003 was not a top level fighter....Bernard Hopkins may never have had the best style to beat Calzaghe but at 43 he damn near beat Calzaghe. And if Roy still had ANY power left over Calzaghe would have been stopped in 1 despite Roy's chin being shot.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruva, RJJ was Superman, we know this.

What maybe isn't so obvious, is the fact that Bernard Hopkins as a 43 year old has a lot left to rely on, other than any kind of athleticism.

Bernard isn't Superman, he's more like Batman The man's got tricks and gadgetry in every pocket.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

46 fights,46 wins.

2 weight world champion.

20 odd title defences

BBC sport personality of the year.

Mega rich

Stunning girlfriends

I dont really think Joe Calzaghe gives a fuck what you lot think.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Lacy - unbeaten, no.2 Ring rated, IBF champion when Calzaghe slaughtered him. He was not the exposed guy you falsely claim him to be. Fact.

Kessler - unbeaten, no.1 Ring rated, WBC/WBA champion when Calzaghe schooled him. He was not the guy with a loss to Andre Ward. Fact.

Hopkins - P4P no.3, Linear/Ring lightheavyweight champion when Calzaghe beat him. Fact.

Roy - past his pomp legend. Fact. Here's something interesting though, 36% of Saddo voters picked Jones to win - including a certain Mr Tysonbruno and Dark Lord Al. Fact.

Haters.. I've shit em.
    wouldn't read to much in to that poll as i always go against Calzaghe

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe haters get in here

As i said earlier

Jeff Lacy

Just were never that good as shown by Vitali Tsypko twice Omar Sheika,Peter Manfredo,Epifanio Mendoza, Jermain i can no longer stay upright Taylor,Otis Griffin and Roy Jones.

Mikkel Kessler

I thought was a good win till Andre Ward did alot better job.

Bernard Hopkins

Who i thought won as do many others.

Roy Jones

Well Danny Green proved how shot Roy was and lets bare in mind Roy dropped Calzaghe heavy in the 1st round.

Thing is with Calzaghe he came along at the right or wrong time Eubank,Benn and Collins were past it or retired Jones and Toney had out grown the Super middleweight division and no matter how many times Calzaghe said he struggled at the weight mainly after boring points wins he never moved up till it was to late and against old fighters past there best.

He pulled out of good fights or didnt sign for whatever reason even Frank Warren has said this about him that he pulled out of about 10 fights he lined him up. Like Antwun Echols, Syd Vanderpool, Glen Johnson and many more.

I think the 46-0 blinds a lot of people come on shoot me down.
    Well, he forearm smashed him. Plus the Green fight just shows you what can happen when you get hit on the top of the head/back of the head.

Calzaghe actually boxed Kessler, rather than butted him silly

You could also argue that Calzaghe completely ruined Lacy. Sure he was hyped, but the majority of his fights post Calzaghe, he had to deal with a bad rotator cuff injury. That injury coupled with the fact you've lost your air of invincibility also badly effects a fighter.

Hopkins also showed how good he is given the fact 2 of his most impressive wins came either side of the Calzaghe fight. I had Calzaghe winning the fight.

I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming or anything, but the shite he gets on here is unreal at times.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Haters.. I've shit em.
    wouldn't read to much in to that poll as i always go against Calzaghe
    Exactly.

Unfortunately for you Calzaghe always won though, so basically butt fucked you his whole career
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information