Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Man I Hope This Isn't True - "Floyd Balks at Mosley Fight"

Floyd needs to fight Mosley, if he doesn't then I am going to file him into the all time wasted talents category. The is no reason for Mayweather to not fight Mosley. I hope this is rumor.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll wait for better confirmation before I say "I told you so".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why people are always in such a rush to blast a fighter during negotiations. Nothing is final yet. Then again I guess if we couldn't blast a fighter on questionable grounds this forum would be made up of the prediction contest and Missy's internet dating.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Exactly, this is the same Michael Marley who said the Pacquiao-Cotto fight was definitely off because Cotto wouldn't come down to 143lbs.

He's an attention whore & is constantly coming up with crap to keep himself in the boxing message boards.

If this was Rick Reeno or Dan Rafael, I'd be inclined to believe it, but with Marley he talks so much shit it's unbelievable. Him saying this almost leads me to believe the fight is signed.

* If Mayweather actually does this, fuck him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bought it the first time you brought it up... no doubt you got this thing figured out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is infact true, it will confirm alot of suspicions about floyd. I for one hope it isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing these two fight. This guy (Michael Marley) is also saying that Arum is going to fill up Manny's calendar for 2010 so Manny/Mayweather won't come off until 2011. Floyd has got to fight someone if this is true. In my opinion, Sugar shane is the only logical choice. Why don't you make 10 mil fighting Shane AND 40 mil fight pac-man?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Exactly, this is the same Michael Marley who said the Pacquiao-Cotto fight was definitely off because Cotto wouldn't come down to 143lbs.

He's an attention whore & is constantly coming up with crap to keep himself in the boxing message boards.

If this was Rick Reeno or Dan Rafael, I'd be inclined to believe it, but with Marley he talks so much shit it's unbelievable. Him saying this almost leads me to believe the fight is signed.

* If Mayweather actually does this, fuck him
    Marley said this? If thats the case I believe the fight will get done in due time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay, I'm not going to bash Floyd because we don't know if its true or not yet. But if it is...Floyd is then not a fighter in business but a businessman who happens to be good at fighting. So lets take the business angle since he chooses that side of boxing. Floyd deserves the small portion of the Pac fight. Pac is at least taking on a formidable welterweight and if he should win it should count for something. Something like 60% of the purse because Pac actually risked his stature like fighters do and Floyd just sat and waited. Pac is building his side and Floyd isn't. So Floyd would be lessening his value while Pac is raising his. 60/40 Pac's way. Non negotiable. Floyd could be building his value by beating Mosley. If Pac and Floyd both win then their fight would be worth significantly more as they would be labeled the top 2 welterweights along with everything else. But forget that I wrote all this until we find out whats true and whats not.
    Last edited by blegit; 01-25-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I'm a bit hesitant about believing this cause the money seems off to me, I seriously doubt he's only getting 10 million for fighting Mosley, while its not a Pacquaio fight it should do somewhere around 1.5 million buys.
    I thought that - I'm sitting back anxiously to see if this fight goes ahead. I hope it's as Jaz says and Marley is being an attention whore again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    As I've said before, the fight with Mosley is a high risk low reward fight. If Floyd were to lose he could lose up to 40 million for a fight with Pacquiao. Plus if he were to win most critics will say he beats an inactive old man in Shane. Damn if he does, damn if he doesn't. Might as well sit out and wait for Pac. Boxing after all is a business.

Ya, who cares about being a peoples champ? Screw the fans that want to see the fight, the ones that allow you to make a living in the first place. screw all of them, boxing is a business........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"What you mean he agree to the test?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley has now been inactive for over a year, not good for a 38 year old! Floyd is a joke, he won't fight Pacman, he balks at Mosley, he won't touch Williams, just who does he want to fight? People on this forum were at times cruel with their criticism of DLH, at least he fought everyone out there! Boxing is losing big time with this BS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Mosley has now been inactive for over a year, not good for a 38 year old! Floyd is a joke, he won't fight Pacman, he balks at Mosley, he won't touch Williams, just who does he want to fight? People on this forum were at times cruel with their criticism of DLH, at least he fought everyone out there! Boxing is losing big time with this BS.
    you know that there still is no official word of this being true right? and you know that the one who walked away from the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was Manny, right?

i mean i'm just checking, cause if you buy into half the crap that Zbolt (Xadu) and his horde have been posting (without any real sources either), then it's really sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the reason why these rumors has been coming out is because of the delay in the signing for the fight. Mosley is desperate to have this fight that he may accept whatever terms Mayweather will put in front of him as long as they're not ridiculously insulting. They are both under GBP so the negotiations should run smoothly. And Floyd, being noted for his grandstanding, would have immediately grabbed the opportunity to take the limelight away from Pacquiao by making the fight happen. What then is holding it up?
    Like what i said in the other thread, I also sense that Mayweather is going to sit out this fight (and no, I'm not a psychic nor a Jedi). If Manny loses, then he would attain the P4P title without even fighting. If Manny wins, then he should accept the fight as per Manny's terms (blood draw 24 days before the fight). This is a win-win situation for him.
    If Floyd does decide to fight Mosley then I'll give him credit for that. But until then, let the rumors continue.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    you know that there still is no official word of this being true right? and you know that the one who walked away from the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was Manny, right?

i mean i'm just checking, cause if you buy into half the crap that Zbolt (Xadu) and his horde have been posting (without any real sources either), then it's really sad
    Lot's of posters have posted things without any credible source and it's been 100% true, you just never know really.

Thread Information