Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Steward:Haye Just talks alot, wont fight Klit Bros

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

As far as I was concerned the Haye Ruiz fight is not televised.So I don't know if he will be on HBO. As for Haye himself I think he is complete tool. I don't understand the logic behind talking a bunch of shit about both brothers then backing out of two fight's with them because the money wasn't right? Then he claims to be a saviour of the heavyweight's and fight's Valuev and now Ruiz? Does that sound like a champion? I think E-Man is right this guy is a fraud and he(Haye) even knows it. logic tells you he is afraid of Klitschko's and uses the excuse of money as a cop out. Feed your B.S. somewhere else and fight someone who is worth a damn. Sorry I got off track a bit Yes I believe everything that Manny has stated.
    I dont even want to get into the side debate about Haye doging the Klitschkos and what not. I simply don't care about that. I am simply stating that he has a chance against Wlad looking at things from a technical perspective.

After watching the fight with Eddie, and here's why I think this:

Eddie's problem is he lacks power and is somewhat stationary -and- Eddie couldt seem to land head shots anyway.

Eddie could land body shots which Im not sure body shots even bother Wlad.

Eddie had nothing in his arsenal to make Wlad think twice.

But- Haye can land shots on Wlads head, I'm willing to bet this as he was able to land on a taller target (ie Valuev).

Haye will pivot around Wlad and will "be on his bike" but has a very good chance of getting on the inside.

Should Haye land the kind of shots on Wlad that he did on Valuev, Wlad will be dazed, I am willing to bet on that too.

*The real question will be who hits who first with a hard shot, because that is whats going to be a big deciding factor. If Wlad hits Haye hard 1st then it will be down hill for Haye obviously. Now Vitali is a whole other story that Im not getting into right now.

The fight will definitely happen eventually.
    But the problem is that Haye throws 15 punches a round at heavyeight. And none of them are likely to land.
    Not really fair Miles. He has had 3 fights at heavyweight. Blasted out Bonin in a round and he threw plenty against Barrett. Not that I disagree with your other points.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Haye beat bigfoot and barrett , so wot ?
    Lets see what happens when Haye gets hit on the chin , by a good puncher.
    By the way i like Haye but his hype is to much , Ruiz is another none puncher , who to be fair i actually give a chance against Haye.
    Put up or shut up .
    I am not sure about now with Ruiz having a chance...There was the inactivity...then lack of quality opp...Some promotion probs I think it was....

The Ruiz of 2002, 2003, 2004 I would have picked to beat Haye....His style would have frustrated him silly...Ruiz has a solid chin despite the bad rep he got from the Tua loss...(That was a flash KO from a hard puncher to a guy who was bone dry to start the fight)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just on a few points, the Haye-Ruiz fight IS on HBO, it will be on for free before the Hopkins-Jones PPV. Also Manny Steward is hardly impartial and has a history of talking shit about possible future opponents of his fighters. As it is I don't see Haye beating Wlad, in fact I'm in the minority in thinking that he has a far better shot at beating Vitali. But, if Haye beats Ruiz the fight will happen and he will be a lot better off from it. Also he has thrown plenty of punches in other fights at Heavyweight, he was just being careful not to give Valuev a chance to clinch & try and sap his strength.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Just on a few points, the Haye-Ruiz fight IS on HBO, it will be on for free before the Hopkins-Jones PPV. Also Manny Steward is hardly impartial and has a history of talking shit about possible future opponents of his fighters. As it is I don't see Haye beating Wlad, in fact I'm in the minority in thinking that he has a far better shot at beating Vitali. But, if Haye beats Ruiz the fight will happen and he will be a lot better off from it. Also he has thrown plenty of punches in other fights at Heavyweight, he was just being careful not to give Valuev a chance to clinch & try and sap his strength.
    Can he avoid the masterclass clinches from the quiet man? That's the real question.

To be honest I think Ruiz is too old and slow, Haye will catch him, I don't think he can beat Tua's record, but Haye should have his way in this fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is scintillating compared to Wlad. HBO knows when to show heavyweight fights live, when you've got a guy like Ruiz involved you can sell that, just as long as he's not matched up with Wlad.

I'm annoyed with Manny and his determined quest to kill heavyweight boxing so I've gotta ask what the hell does this mean, "I've never seen a division where these two brothers dominate everything."

For what its worth Haye has acted poorly, you can defend it on business lines but this is no time for business, this the time for humanity to stand up and say no more Wlad bullshit. And tyranny and oppression and so on.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 03-22-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Yep but on the other side of it, Haye will be fighting on HBO, Wladimer will fight on the internet. Who wins?

Maybe I missed the announcement, but as far as I could see Ruiz/Haye is not being televised by HBO......Neither was Valuev/Haye.

Which Haye fights are on HBO?
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Ruiz is scintillating compared to Wlad. HBO knows when to show heavyweight fights live, when you've got a guy like Ruiz involved you can sell that, just as long as he's not matched up with Wlad.

I'm annoyed with Manny and his determined quest to kill heavyweight boxing so I've gotta ask what the hell does this mean, "I've never seen a division where these two brothers dominate everything."

For what its worth Haye has acted poorly, you can defend it on business lines but this is no time for business, this the time for humanity to stand up and say no more Wlad bullshit. And tyranny and oppression and so on.
    You cant blame Manny, how many times do you have a fighter winning every round on the cards and his manager is screaming "You need to knock this guy out, we dont want another decision!" haha...Manny is always trying to get Wlad to be more aggressive, but I think Wlad is still haunted by the Sanders fight so is nervous about letting it all hang out......
    PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
    The only Acceptable Gun Control Law: Always use two hands when firing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not true. -If- he gets inside, some are likely to land... and that as Wlad is about to clinch... or even after the break from a clinch. Even Eddie pulled this off a few times during their fight.
    Totally true. Haye doesn't have the stamina nor will to impose himself on Wlad. And that is why we won't see the fight. The guy will milk the UK audiences as long as he can.
    Eh? He does have the stamina. That was what he went to prove in his last fight with Valuev.

How many punches do you need if you can throw the right punches at the right time?

This fight will happen eventually, just wait.
    Personally, I don't think that Haye neither the workrate neither the defense or chin to cope with a piston jab for 5 rounds and then getting broken down by all kind of other punches neither. Haye makes sound because he's a brash mouthed folk and because England needs a boxer to look at but that's about the end of it.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

You cant blame Manny, how many times do you have a fighter winning every round on the cards and his manager is screaming "You need to knock this guy out, we dont want another decision!" haha...Manny is always trying to get Wlad to be more aggressive, but I think Wlad is still haunted by the Sanders fight so is nervous about letting it all hang out......
    Oh for sure. He still has that wide eyed look of absolute horror when someone steps forward and takes a swing.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye hasn't proven his stamina yet. But other than against Valuev he does usually have a high output at least for the first 5 rounds. Whether he can maintain a high output over 12 remains to be seen but he's just as likely to be able to as not.

Nameless, your comment regarding 'england needing a boxer to look at' seems a bit eroneous.

On Haye, I think the only logical thing to say is that the jurys still out. We can but guess which way they will go but some seem very keen to have him hung without trial. (I accept that his loudmouth, arrogance and suspected ducking aren't endearing qualities).
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

Totally true. Haye doesn't have the stamina nor will to impose himself on Wlad. And that is why we won't see the fight. The guy will milk the UK audiences as long as he can.
    Eh? He does have the stamina. That was what he went to prove in his last fight with Valuev.

How many punches do you need if you can throw the right punches at the right time?

Personally, I don't think that Haye neither the workrate neither the defense or chin to cope with a piston jab for 5 rounds and then getting broken down by all kind of other punches neither. Haye makes sound because he's a brash mouthed folk and because England needs a boxer to look at but that's about the end of it.
    C'mon it's not like Haye hasn't backed up some of his talk. He's a unified and lineal Cruiserweight champion as well as now being a belt-holder at Heavyweight.

As for the idea that England needs a boxer to look at, well to be honest that's just rubbish. Amir Khan is about the most sought-after young fighter in the world, Hatton & Calzaghe may be retired or good as yet plenty of guys at 140 & 168 still call them out, Kevin Mitchell has a world title fight in a football stadium and Carl Froch is all but ignored over here despite taking on great opposition and usually being in good fights. Not to mention the wealth of prospects we have coming through.

Britain is far from desperatly searching for boxing stars. Canada on the other hand...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon it's not like Haye hasn't backed up some of his talk. He's a unified and lineal Cruiserweight champion as well as now being a belt-holder at Heavyweight.

As for the idea that England needs a boxer to look at, well to be honest that's just rubbish. Amir Khan is about the most sought-after young fighter in the world, Hatton & Calzaghe may be retired or good as yet plenty of guys at 140 & 168 still call them out, Kevin Mitchell has a world title fight in a football stadium and Carl Froch is all but ignored over here despite taking on great opposition and usually being in good fights. Not to mention the wealth of prospects we have coming through.

Britain is far from desperatly searching for boxing stars. Canada on the other hand...
    I was tempted to go there. There meaning the subject of course, not Canada.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Obviously, why would anyone go to Canada

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know, it beggars belief.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because we're awesome and quite open minded though we're starting to have ugly social problems slowly but surely

As for Canada looking desperately for a very good boxer, it's absolutely true, I have no shame to admit it, Jean Pascal is not bad at all, Bute is great and has been adopted like son though he's in fact Romanian. Beside that, when was the last great canadian boxer? ... Lewis perhaps? The very good thing though is that we're starting to have tons of young wolves in the junior that could quite become someone and our boxing gyms are absolutely loaded, it's cool for the future and for the scene, really.
    As for HAye, he did back up till the cruiserweights, sure, but then? .. He's talking about being the best and making a clean up but he did wuss up 2 times back to back against the Ukrenian towers and got hurt very bad against Barrett... To me he's all about words and nothing about actions at the moment and it's not by beating the slow russian mountain that should have lost at least 2 more times that he,ll convince me of anything at all. Khan is popular but at the same time, he has sooo many peoples hating him, it's difficult to know if he's more loved or hated overall in the UK (from an outsider point of view) which is quite sad because I appreciate the kid,s talent. Haye in revenge seems to have quite the general consensus over there, which is why I say that England needs a new legend and that they are hyping Haye a bit too much at the moment in my opinion.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information