Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koki Kameda loses to Pongsaklek Wonjongkam...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Koki Kameda loses to Pongsaklek Wonjongkam...

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I can't really be excited by either of these fighters, both of whom would likely lose to Holly Holm....
    One is a likely HOFer, the other goes through training regimes as tough as those of the best like Mayeather & Pacquiao.

I have to wonder sometimes Bilbo, do you think this hatred towards the smaller man is generated by some kind of self-loathing?
    Nah I was just hoping to start a flame war.

But in all seriousness it is hard for me to really take serious as a fighter someone who weighs the same and has the muscularity of DJ Qualls.

It's kind of like having a University Challenge type quiz for those with an IQ below 80, sure it could be fun hearing the mongs debate whether East Anglia was abroad and if a marmaset is a primate or a solid block of yeast extract but we all know they aren't boffins.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't really be excited by either of these fighters, both of whom would likely lose to Holly Holm....
    One is a likely HOFer, the other goes through training regimes as tough as those of the best like Mayeather & Pacquiao.

I have to wonder sometimes Bilbo, do you think this hatred towards the smaller man is generated by some kind of self-loathing?

But in all seriousness it is hard for me to really take serious as a fighter someone who weighs the same and has the muscularity of DJ Qualls.

It's kind of like having a University Challenge type quiz for those with an IQ below 80, sure it could be fun hearing the mongs debate whether East Anglia was abroad and if a marmaset is a primate or a solid block of yeast extract but we all know they aren't boffins.
    Why not take them serious based on the fact that both fighters can beat your ass?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon Bilbo you have to think this kind of dedication is impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knt2iHzVr8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOE5OQGDZ44&NR=1

Also mention muscularity, the lower weight fighters often have the best proportional muscularity. Just saying.

What is it about the big men you love so much Bilbo? Oh wait maybe that's the answer...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Why not take them serious based on the fact that both fighters can beat your ass?
    I'm a cancer ridden, iron lunged physical wreck, I'd lose in a fair fight to most of Britain's rodent and rabbit species.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a cancer ridden, iron lunged physical wreck, I'd lose in a fair fight to most of Britain's rodent and rabbit species.
    You'd still beat Kid Thunder

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha Yeah that is a toss up to be fair, my lungs are so bad I could barely jog around the ring for 2 minutes but that would probably be long enough for Zelenoff to spit out his gumshield and quit on me.

A trailerpark belt is not beyond me if I want it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha Yeah that is a toss up to be fair, my lungs are so bad I could barely jog around the ring for 2 minutes but that would probably be long enough for Zelenoff to spit out his gumshield and quit on me.

A trailerpark belt is not beyond me if I want it.
    You could set your sites higher than that. The sanctioning fees for the WBA Trailerpark Super interim title is only like a 12-pack.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pong has fought a lot of Bangkok cab drivers. Never was versus a never will be.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    One thing for sure: With 75 wins and 3 defeats, defended his title how many, 20 times or something like that? the Thai has the hell of a career, perhaps one of the most under rated fighter of his era and I would also dare to say one of the great.
    I have a big issue with Wonjongkam and it's mainly because so many of his defenses were against guys that were either made pro for that fight only or were complete tomato cans. He fights often and he obviously has fought some very good fighters, but a lot of his record is a sham.
    A lot of his record is questionable but if he did beat almost all the other good challenges around at his weight class it's all good to me, the guy's fighting so often that it must be hard to always have a top 10 under hands to feed him with plus his recent performance against Kameda was flawless, which must show that the guy has some real talent somewhere.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information