15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC order Pascal vs B-Hop II

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    pascal will beat hopkins this time around...
    but he would lose to dawson.
    so this is good for everyone but chad.
    I think Pascal is gonna opt to fight Dawson. I dont think he wants another ass whooping by someone old enough to be his daddy. What makes you think he will win? He had no answers and if not for horrific judging and bad refereeing he would have lost.
    He'll lose to either guy IMO.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I think Pascal is gonna opt to fight Dawson. I dont think he wants another ass whooping by someone old enough to be his daddy. What makes you think he will win? He had no answers and if not for horrific judging and bad refereeing he would have lost.
    He'll lose to either guy IMO.

i'm not a big fan of pascal. my brother kept telling me he was good. i didn't really see it... but he's better than he showed against hopkins. i didn't see him do anything from the second round on. i don't believe it was bernard's skills that shut pascal down...he pretty much stalled from the start on his own. hopkins then turned it up and took over. i believe pascal will come in trained and prepared with a fight plan and strategy that will allow him to win...i can't see him doing worse than he did the last time against b-hop and i acknowledge that he got very lucky with the reffing and the judges.

...as for dawson, i think he can smoothly cruise to victory against the smaller pascal with a strong jab keeping the fight on the outside followed by big bombs. pascal fought the fight of his life against dawson and got lucky with the clash of heads, whereas dawson looked pretty terrible most of the fight but appeared to be the better harder hitter who seemed to be the stronger fighter when he asserted himself effectively. if he's being trained by emmanual stewart and if he listens to what he's told i see him keeping pascal outside with relative ease and maybe even knocking him out while pascal is lunging in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would think he will get more money and recognition if he fights Hopkins again.He can always fight Dawson after that.
    Balls

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I'm pleased for Bhop I don't think it's the WBC doing the right thing at all, it's not the right thing.

They have officially elected judges who judge the fight and their result should stand. You can't just overide them because you feel like it, and it wasn't that controversial anyway.

There have been far worse decisions where a rematch hasn't been ordered. It's nothing about fairness and rather them favouring the bigger name fighter.

The first Toney Peter match was ordered to be refought as well.

When it's an upopular fighter who wins however ala Santa Cruz against Casamayor, an ancient Holyfield against Valuev, or a Kotelnik against Devon Alexander, then not a word from the sanctioning bodies.

Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with the WBC being fair is completely wrong. They just want the cash from a rematch. Fuck them.

And it's not even fair. According to the rules set up by them the three judges deemed it a draw. Pascal is being forced to refight even though he held on to his title according to their rules, because B Hop is a very big name in boxing. Had he fought Jesse Brinkley with the same outcome the WBC would be completely silent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Although I'm pleased for Bhop I don't think it's the WBC doing the right thing at all, it's not the right thing.

They have officially elected judges who judge the fight and their result should stand. You can't just overide them because you feel like it, and it wasn't that controversial anyway.

There have been far worse decisions where a rematch hasn't been ordered. It's nothing about fairness and rather them favouring the bigger name fighter.

When it's an upopular fighter who wins however ala Santa Cruz against Casamayor, an ancient Holyfield against Valuev, or a Kotelnik against Devon Alexander, then not a word from the sanctioning bodies.

Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with the WBC being fair is completely wrong. They just want the cash from a rematch. Fuck them.

And it's not even fair. According to the rules set up by them the three judges deemed it a draw. Pascal is being forced to refight even though he held on to his title according to their rules, because B Hop is a very big name in boxing. Had he fought Jesse Brinkley with the same outcome the WBC would be completely silent.
    Would they not get the same money if Pascal fought Dawson instead anyway? I don't understand how it all works with the sanctioning bodies except they seem to do what suits themselves. I know they get a sanctioning fee, is that a percentage of the total purse or something?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

very very true!

Thread Information