Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: why dont i like amir khan?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: why dont i like amir khan?

I don't like Amir Khan and probably never will, but as a boxer im starting to warm to him. He showed some bottle vs Marcos Maidana, and if he fights Timothy Bradley next then i really can't doubt him.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand him either - but I have a long history of disliking certain British sportsmen....

He's a millionaire, young, believes his own hype and is a bit thick. May as well be a footballer.

If he had accepted being on sky sports 3 for free last weekend perhaps it would have had a positive effect. But he didn't.

The fact that people will tune him to hope he gets twatted as well as to see him win should ensure the £££££ roll in for him for at least the next 12 months at least.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is so shite it's unbelievable!
    Yeah bethinks he a superstar with his low end WBA belt. Hand picking fighters and not chasing Prescott.
    54 seconds khan

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Yeah bethinks he a superstar with his low end WBA belt. Hand picking fighters and not chasing Prescott.
    54 seconds khan

see i dont agree with this

his chin is still suspect if you ask me but as far as his mix of skill and power goes i think he is top 10 in the world

i think he is a very good fighter that can go all the way, i just dont like him
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    54 seconds khan

see i dont agree with this

his chin is still suspect if you ask me but as far as his mix of skill and power goes i think he is top 10 in the world

i think he is a very good fighter that can go all the way, i just dont like him
    I agree eric - the chin will be the only thing stopping him and because of it opponents will always fancy their chances.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was white and called Dave Smith, I don't think as many people would hate him.

Just saying.

Make of that what you will...
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Khan is a good chin short of being a very good, multi-weight world champion. But he aint got agood chin
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    If he was white and called Dave Smith, I don't think as many people would hate him.

Just saying.

was that meaning the fact that he is asian affects people liking him. because from what i see on this board, british people love David Haye, and he isn't white...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post

Just saying.

was that meaning the fact that he is asian affects people liking him. because from what i see on this board, british people love David Haye, and he isn't white...
    Haye isn't a 'Paki' though.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this thread isnt going the way i wanted it to

maybe i should have expected that

from my point of view it isnt his race

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you ask an open-ended question, you're not going to hear what you want.

I'm not saying it is his race in yours or anyone's case (well maybe Otley's considering all the random 'immigrant' comments he throws in), but it's also worth noting that a lot has changed since Naz. 9/11, 7/7 & the subsequent demonization of Muslims is now vastly different so the old 'I supported Naz so I can't be racist' argument doesn't work.

Also supporting a boxer of a different colour doesn't mean you can't hold prejudices against that group. I rooted for Calzaghe every fight of his career, it doesn't mean that there's no way that I can be racist against white people.

Anyway there are quite a few reasons to dislike Khan (especially if you were a fan of one of his opponents), but I think with a proportion of people his race does play a factor.

So I agree with Koppas on that point, but I will also say that Khan's race gives him a legion of Asian fans who wouldn't follow him or the sport otherwise and that's what enables him to do 50,000+ PPV sales on a week's notice on Primetime, so it's a double-edged sword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rantcatrat, sadly what ono posted is what some people will be thinking. People may not like to hear it but that is why some people find the slightest thing to have a go at Amir Khan. His race/religion definitely plays a factor.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

When you ask an open-ended question, you're not going to hear what you want.

I'm not saying it is his race in yours or anyone's case (well maybe Otley's considering all the random 'immigrant' comments he throws in), but it's also worth noting that a lot has changed since Naz. 9/11, 7/7 & the subsequent demonization of Muslims is now vastly different so the old 'I supported Naz so I can't be racist' argument doesn't work.

Also supporting a boxer of a different colour doesn't mean you can't hold prejudices against that group. I rooted for Calzaghe every fight of his career, it doesn't mean that there's no way that I can be racist against white people.

Anyway there are quite a few reasons to dislike Khan (especially if you were a fan of one of his opponents), but I think with a proportion of people his race does play a factor.

So I agree with Koppas on that point, but I will also say that Khan's race gives him a legion of Asian fans who wouldn't follow him or the sport otherwise and that's what enables him to do 50,000+ PPV sales on a week's notice on Primetime, so it's a double-edged sword.
    i dont disagree that race does play a part in the wider picture, and i didnt disagree with koppas

its very easy to put it down to race tho, which is why i ignored it

i should have known it would come up and looking back i am suprised it took so long

if the thread is still about me tho, race isnt an issue

If someone has become rascist because of what a handful of people have done then they are pretty stoopid

there are nob head muslims just as there are nob head catholics and if a catholic does something terrible, it doesnt mean all catholics will

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont disagree that race does play a part in the wider picture, and i didnt disagree with koppas

its very easy to put it down to race tho, which is why i ignored it

i should have known it would come up and looking back i am suprised it took so long

if the thread is still about me tho, race isnt an issue

If someone has become rascist because of what a handful of people have done then they are pretty stoopid

there are nob head muslims just as there are nob head catholics and if a catholic does something terrible, it doesnt mean all catholics will
    People sadly are pretty stupid though. Muslims are taking our jobs/raping our women/living off benefits/building hate mosques/forcibly converting household pets/planning to blow up the whole world, and that's only if you take in even a tenth of what gets printed in the tabloid press. It's bound to seep through & affect how people think of them & thereby Khan, who actually is just a normal British lad who happens to be Muslim.

I don't see Khan as any more arrogant than Haye or Froch, so I don't think that can be it. One thing that could justify it is when he talks about himself in the 3rd person. I don't think Khan realizes that the American accent gives the likes of Floyd & Roy Jones the swagger to pull it off, whereas done in a slightly stuttering Lancashire accent, he just sounds like a tit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I don't see Khan as any more arrogant than Haye or Froch, so I don't think that can be it. One thing that could justify it is when he talks about himself in the 3rd person. I don't think Khan realizes that the American accent gives the likes of Floyd & Roy Jones the swagger to pull it off, whereas done in a slightly stuttering Lancashire accent, he just sounds like a tit
    Only if you are at the top of your game can you refer to yourself in the third person. Floyd Mayweather is allowed to do it. As was Roy Jones. Amir Khan shouldn't be allowed to refer to himself like that. If anything, Sky Sports should bleep it out.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information