Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Next for Golovkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Stevens had a go but that punching power, was just to much Golovkin just gave him a calculated
    beating , very impressive indeed I don't see them lining up to face GGG.
    Sergio would take bad beating, and at this stage in his career he may well retire to be honest
    Murray had Sergio over, GGG would knock him spark out, I don't think Sergio would be at all
    competitive to old and not good enough.
    Cant right Martinez out. He was excellent against Chavez. Occasion/overlooking Murray can explain the poor performance

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Keeping Ward, Froch and the rest of the supermiddleweight division out of it. Is there anyone at 154 -160 that can beat GGG?
    I'd like to see him and Barker at some point but I think Darren is going to avoid that for the moment and pocket a few nice paydays and who can blame him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Keeping Ward, Froch and the rest of the supermiddleweight division out of it. Is there anyone at 154 -160 that can beat GGG?
    I'd like to see him and Barker at some point but I think Darren is going to avoid that for the moment and pocket a few nice paydays and who can blame him.
    Barker would get a beat down. Absolutely no chance of winning. He is weak to the body and not a great chin. GGG steamrolls him simialr to the macklin fight

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Barker would get a beat down. Absolutely no chance of winning. He is weak to the body and not a great chin. GGG steamrolls him simialr to the macklin fight
    I dont agree and with any luck we will see it at some point. Oh he may very well catch up to Darren at some point as he cuts the ring off like Hagler but Darren is not getting steamrolled.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont agree and with any luck we will see it at some point. Oh he may very well catch up to Darren at some point as he cuts the ring off like Hagler but Darren is not getting steamrolled.
    Why do you think this? Barkers has good boxing skills but do you think he has enough power to keep GGG off him? I dont see it going past 6

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you think this? Barkers has good boxing skills but do you think he has enough power to keep GGG off him? I dont see it going past 6
    I think Barker will make better use of the ring then anyone he has faced so far and he has a wicked jab also better then all others he has faced. Unless its a tiny ring I think Barker has the skills. Buts that's why these guys fight. To prove it. 3G is more likely to face Murray next though. That is his mandatory.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray would give him a few rounds and should be given a shot at the WBA belt. He could go down and fight Alvarez for a nice payday but that ain't happening or up and fight a SMW but really Quillin should get off the pot and face him.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres only one opponent next thats Sergio. He's supposed to be the champ so go fight a tune up in Jan 2014 and he'll be ready for GGG in May. Their the two best Middles so get it on, both are welknown now so Vegas is a great spot or NYC N.Y.
    Theres no reason to move up or down in weight years ago the Middleweight Champ was the second most prestigious title in boxing so give him a shot at cleaning it out before any weight moves need to be made!
    Come on Sergio, get it going or just retire!!! Ray.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sergio is not going to fight him or he would have already. A healthy Martinez is now an oxymoron. 3G has to fight Murray cause he's the mandatory unless the man passes then he takes the next man in line which is Geale.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    How about Geale or Barker?

Wouldn't mind seein Golovkin beat up Chavez Jr. but I don't see him ever makin 160 again.

Oh c'mon. How 'bout a catchweight? Or maybe GGG would venture to 168 if the money was right. C'mon, let's do it. I'm sure Junior would make the sacrifice to fight another big name if he thought he could bloat up to twice his size like he usually does. I'd love to see that massacre..... er..... I mean..... fight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I noticed two things and do correct me if I'm wrong in this, combination punching from a fast boxer kind of freezes GGG as well as making him go backward tends to drop his offensive output.

Now to be fair, what I mentioned isn't an oddity as most boxers tend do do exactly what GGG did in those cases, seldom few can fight going backward quite well.

So all you need for a competitive fight is a guy who can bang hard enough and punches fast enough to keep Golovkin on his toes and going backward on occasion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I see all over is people giving Quillen the business, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a network issue there? I know he said just a few days ago that he'd be willing but there are issues standing in the way. I'd pick GGG against him anyway but it doesn't seem fair to faultt him over a fight that can't be made.

It really seems like GGG is going to have to fight one of the bigger guys with a good name. The only excuse people have anymore is his competition. If he fights Froch or Ward that excuse is gone win or lose it opens up other fights since if he loses he's clearly beatable and if he wins he has the name he needs on his ledger.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't be Barker, because he's fighting Sturm. Geale would be a fine opponent, but would he be willing to fight GGG?

In Monaco, it could be Murray. Mora is another possibility for Monaco, but I hope it won't be him.

It won't be Mayweather, Alvarez, Mosley at 154 or Quillan at 160 because they're with Golden Boy/Showtime. Cotto would be a good name if GGG is willing to move down to 154, but I doubt Miguel would be interested.

Sergio wont be next, but there's a chance we may see Martinez-Golovkin later, in late 2014 or early 2015.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously if he can't get Martinez or Quillin next year, he needs to move up to SMW. IT's about time he faced elite opposition. This guy is a titlist and he hasn't fought shit. Kinda like how Bute used to be.

No more bums like Rosado and Stevens who is one step up from a midget. I really want to see him up against somebody who is just as big, young, and capable as he is.

If he can't get Martinez or Quillin, there's no point in staying unless he wants to make easy defenses like Bernard used to do at 160.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont see any reason for him to move up yet if he doesnt have to. he has a few decent fights at 160 still. if murray is his mandatory then GGG should fight him next. murray showed that he is legit. then he could fight the winner of barker/sturm. if not, geale is a solid opponent. after that, hopefully sergio and if not, then maybe quillin. i think that he still has about 3 more solid fights that could happen at 160 before he needs to move up. although he fights a lot so maybe he will have more than 3 fights at 160 since he will probably fight at least that many times in 2014.

Thread Information