Thread: Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua - Whyte (What A Fight)

I enjoyed this fight the most from the weekend (although the second half of Donaire/ Juarez was brilliant).

This was the type of fight both guys needed. Credit to Joshua for riding the rough moments and reestablishing his form from the fourth round on. I think he came out too confident. He was hurt in the second but deserves credit for being able to take the shots of another big punching heavyweight.

Whyte looked relaxed in the second letting his hands go and definitely came to win.

Both guys can progress from here.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lineal View Post
    I enjoyed this fight the most from the weekend (although the second half of Donaire/ Juarez was brilliant).

This was the type of fight both guys needed. Credit to Joshua for riding the rough moments and reestablishing his form from the fourth round on. I think he came out too confident. He was hurt in the second but deserves credit for being able to take the shots of another big punching heavyweight.

Whyte looked relaxed in the second letting his hands go and definitely came to win.

Both guys can progress from here.
    Yes both fighters can be proud of themselves and can go on to bigger things and then a rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There isn't much point in a rematch is there? It was a good fight, not a a classic, and I think Whytes moments were to few and far between to expect it wouldn't be more one sided for AJ if it happened again right away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no chance of a rematch unless Whyte becomes "world" champ somewhere down the line. He's not even signed with Matchroom, he'll now get picked up by another promoter (hopefully for him a powerful one, as he deserves it) and come again.

When AJ momentarily went stiff, from the massive left hook in the 2nd round, Barry and Eddie ordered fresh pants.

AJ will fight Chisora next. And chin him quicker than he did Whyte.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I agree with Master. I think Joshue got too emotional and allowed Whyte to get into his head, so he stood right in front of Whyte wanting a tear up. He fought Whytes fight for the first three rounds and he did look quite ponderous and disheveled at times. The second round was the worst round he has experienced in his life!

Once he started to control the distance better, he boxed Whytes ears off and gave him a battering (he was also much fitter than Whyte)

Whyte was tough, and very game. I'm delighted that he actually came to win and he showed some nice old pro tricks here and there, even though he hasn't had many fights.

Joshua was excellent. He showed his boxing skill, he demonstrated excellent fitness and he showed chin and heart. The finish was devastating, and there is no question about his viciousness in the ring. A good showcase for British boxing
    Fair point. But I don't think AJ gave Whyte a beating. Far from it. Strange as it may seem but I was just as impressed by Whyte as I was AJ. I thought AJ would blow him out in 1 or 2. But I could not have been more wrong. Whyte showed that AJ is just human. Trust me I don't think Matchroom are gonna be quick to grant rematch. Whyte is too dangerous. AJ has now had back to back wins against young unbeaten fighters in Cornish and Whyte. Unbeaten fighters are always a risk for fighters groomed for stardom, as they could be anything. So fair play to Matchroom boxing they're matching AJ hard. I don't think Wlad, Wilder or Fury were fighting guys as good as Whyte in their 15th fight.

So no-one can say AJ is a protected fighter. This fight showed that AJ has good chin too. In the second round he took a left hook flush, that punch would have knocked most others fighters down and a lot would not have got back up. A few seconds later Whyte hit him flush with an overhand right but he took it. Bear in mind Whyte has won his last 12 fights either by KO or TKO so he hits hard. I can see them meeting again, as I can see Whyte coming back and reeling off some wins, but this is not gonna happen in the near future. I thought AJ was a bit stiff and did not use jab enough, but he did get Whyte out of there and as he said himself 'I learnt more in that fight that I have done in my previous 14"
    Last edited by denilson200; 12-15-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    I agree with Master. I think Joshue got too emotional and allowed Whyte to get into his head, so he stood right in front of Whyte wanting a tear up. He fought Whytes fight for the first three rounds and he did look quite ponderous and disheveled at times. The second round was the worst round he has experienced in his life!

Once he started to control the distance better, he boxed Whytes ears off and gave him a battering (he was also much fitter than Whyte)

Whyte was tough, and very game. I'm delighted that he actually came to win and he showed some nice old pro tricks here and there, even though he hasn't had many fights.

Joshua was excellent. He showed his boxing skill, he demonstrated excellent fitness and he showed chin and heart. The finish was devastating, and there is no question about his viciousness in the ring. A good showcase for British boxing
    Fair point. But I don't think AJ gave Whyte a beating. Far from it. Strange as it may seem but I was just as impressed by Whyte as I was AJ. I thought AJ would blow him out in 1 or 2. But I could not have been more wrong. Whyte showed that AJ is just human. Trust me I don't think Matchroom are gonna be quick to grant rematch. Whyte is too dangerous. AJ has now had back to back wins against young unbeaten fighters in Cornish and Whyte. Unbeaten fighters are always a risk for fighters groomed for stardom, as they could be anything. So fair play to Matchroom boxing they're matching AJ hard. I don't think Wlad, Wilder or Fury were fighting guys as good as Whyte in their 15th fight.

So no-one can say AJ is a protected fighter. This fight showed that AJ has good chin too. In the second round he took a left hook flush, that punch would have knocked most others fighters down and a lot would not have got back up. A few seconds later Whyte hit him flush with an overhand right but he took it. Bear in mind Whyte has won his last 12 fights either by KO or TKO so he hits hard. I can see them meeting again, as I can see Whyte coming back and reeling off some wins, but this is not gonna happen in the near future. I thought AJ was a bit stiff and did not use jab enough, but he did get Whyte out of there and as he said himself 'I learnt more in that fight that I have done in my previous 14"
    I dont know about Klitschko but Fury fought an unbeaten Chisora in his 15th fight and had alread beaten two other unbeaten fighters with good KO percentages on their records in Rich Power and Marcelo Luis Nasciemento. He also fought the English champion McDermott in only his 8th fight and 6,7" Scott Belshaw who only had a single points defeat.

Tyson was matched tough.

Wilder? I doubt it.....
    Last edited by ross; 12-15-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't wait for Bill to pop up and remind us all that Muhammad Ali's 15th fight was against the great Alejandro Lavarente.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

I dont know about Klitschko but Fury fought an unbeaten Chisora in his 15th fight and had alread beaten two other unbeaten fighters with good KO percentages on their records in Rich Power and Marcelo Luis Nasciemento. He also fought the English champion McDermott in only his 8th fight and 6,7" Scott Belshaw who only had a single points defeat.

Tyson was matched tough.

Wilder? I doubt it.....
    I think if AJ had have fought the same opposition as fury in his first 15 fights his record would read pretty much the same as it does now

that doesn't mean I think AJ would beat fury

I don't think you can compare them, they are totally different fighters

if fury fought white now he probably wouldn't knock him out as quick as AJ did, but he would win convincingly and I doubt he would get shook up at any point, probably a similar outcome as chisora 2

fury has surprised me massively, I thought he won 10 rounds against wlad
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also reckon if todays josh would have fought fury at fight 15 josh would have won
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I also reckon if todays josh would have fought fury at fight 15 josh would have won
    You do I dont.

Joshua team are building his record and not his skills.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do I dont.

There's a shocker
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do I dont.

Care to elaborate on this? Keeping in mind that at 15 fights Tyson Fury was fighting 14 fight Derrick Chisora for the Brit belt.

Joshua and Fury have essentially fought the same person at the same time for the same title. Although having said that, you've made it quite clear that Whyte is getting the best of training and experience so you could argue that Joshua beat a better fighter?

Your go
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I made a mistake. It was Chisora's 15th fight. I apologise.

Whilst I was checking though I did notice that Chisora came into the Fury fight nigh on 20lbs!! heavier than in the two fights that sandwiched it.

I dont know if you know this. But 20 pounds of extra lard on a man will have serious implications and render him utterly impotent in a matter of rounds.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    You do I dont.

Care to elaborate on this? Keeping in mind that at 15 fights Tyson Fury was fighting 14 fight Derrick Chisora for the Brit belt.

Joshua and Fury have essentially fought the same person at the same time for the same title. Although having said that, you've made it quite clear that Whyte is getting the best of training and experience so you could argue that Joshua beat a better fighter?

Your go
    Whyte wasnt lined up as a world title challenger was he? Did he have a world champion pull out twice against him?

Joshua hasnt had a steady progression of fighters with various attributes. Although he seems a bit better his career trajectory seems more like Prices where he has plateaued with washed out boxers and has had no choice but to make a leap of faith. It hasnt been as big a leap as Price was dealt, thrown in with a recent world title challenger.

Whyte did have excellent facilities. He did also look very exhausted. Joshua to me looked to have issues that wont be easily fixed like no instinct to move his head and how hard he tries to always hit hard and ends up slowing himself down. Even Whyte showed ability to ride punches and move his head.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    You do I dont.

Your go
    Whyte wasnt lined up as a world title challenger was he? Did he have a world champion pull out twice against him?

Joshua hasnt had a steady progression of fighters with various attributes. Although he seems a bit better his career trajectory seems more like Prices where he has plateaued with washed out boxers and has had no choice but to make a leap of faith. It hasnt been as big a leap as Price was dealt, thrown in with a recent world title challenger.

Whyte did have excellent facilities. He did also look very exhausted. Joshua to me looked to have issues that wont be easily fixed like no instinct to move his head and how hard he tries to always hit hard and ends up slowing himself down. Even Whyte showed ability to ride punches and move his head.

Im confused, easily done when I read your posts to be fair but what trees were Tyson Fury pulling up fights 1 through 14?

Are you suggesting that Tyson Fury's path to Derrick Chisora and a Brit title fight was so littered with variation that it should stand as some kind of beacon for how to manage your career?

Maybe Joshua should go and get himself knocked about a bit by a Bosnian brick layer in a couple of fights time. Have a three round up and down war to really develop his skill set?

Charley Burley

Thread Information