Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NASA says humans could land on Mars in 25 years

And yes chocolate can be liquid and at this point I've forgotten what relevance that may have in this head numbing redundancy.

Lets stop using 'flat' disk and instead go with Pizza Earth and surely the differences and disagreements will die out.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    And yes chocolate can be liquid and at this point I've forgotten what relevance that may have in this head numbing redundancy.

Lets stop using 'flat' disk and instead go with Pizza Earth and surely the differences and disagreements will die out.
    Yes Chocolate can be a fluid, but it's water that is claimed to be able to conform to the exterior of a shape.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Yes Chocolate can be a fluid, but it's water that is claimed to be able to conform to the exterior of a shape.
    If a sphere to scale..not sure what that exactly means but there it is..spins at what is to be thought 1000 miles per hour (?). Lets say a normal size globe with consideration to soil, surface and ocean depths and terrain , would surface water not be likely to hold for the most part and rather than just slide off. Oh and gravity and stuff.

the pizza claim is a winner btw

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a sphere to scale..not sure what that exactly means but there it is..spins at what is to be thought 1000 miles per hour (?). Lets say a normal size globe with consideration to soil, surface and ocean depths and terrain , would surface water not be likely to hold for the most part and rather than just slide off. Oh and gravity and stuff.

What type of gravity are you talking about?

Would you agree that in our reality, water will always fill it's container and the surface will always be flat?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would Mexico be like a giant jalapeno?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Would Mexico be like a giant jalapeno?
    Flat tostada, surrounded by a wall of sour cream to keep everything from sliding off.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watery pizza... ugh... I'm having none of it.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would you agree that in our reality, water will always fill it's container and the surface will always be flat?
    If I fill a glass from a sink, seems about right. Unless I toss ice cubes in it. Seems to be the same with salt, Nestle quick, sand, cat food and marbles also.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I fill a glass from a sink, seems about right. Unless I toss ice cubes in it. Seems to be the same with salt, Nestle quick, sand, cat food and marbles also.
    Or if you fill the sink, or a pool or anything else. You may throw in ice cubes but the water will still find it's level and the surface will remain flat. Lets leave that the other stuff out, as the claim of a globe has to be that water (which we are told covers over 70% of the earth's surface) can conform to the exterior of a shape.

Now would you agree that the core of science, should be observable, measurable, testable, and repeatable, using tangible substances. Meaning basically, if I claim something to be a reality, then you would expect me to show you something you could observe, test, measure and repeat yourself?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or if you fill the sink, or a pool or anything else. You may throw in ice cubes but the water will still find it's level and the surface will remain flat. Lets leave that the other stuff out, as the claim of a globe has to be that water (which we are told covers over 70% of the earth's surface) can conform to the exterior of a shape.

Now would you agree that the core of science, should be observable, measurable, testable, and repeatable, using tangible substances. Meaning basically, if I claim something to be a reality, then you would expect me to show you something you could observe, test, measure and repeat yourself?

And would you expect the water surface of a pool, sink, etc, to be anything other than flat? A few feet versus thousands of miles? If you draw a circle 200 miles in diameter on the ground.... and take 2 inches of circumference.... would the line not be indistinguishable from a straight line? I know you don't want to hear about the "S" word (scale)... but it is what it is.

You keep asking about gravity. Well, you either believe Newton's law of universal gravitation, or you don't. Obviously, you don't. Why does the water conform to the Earth's surface? Well, just a wild guess... but gravitational force vectors are perpendicular to the Earth's surface at any given point, and are co-linear with the Earth's center. So at any given point, you'll have gravity forces acting on any mass, including water, pulling it straight down.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

And would you expect the water surface of a pool, sink, etc, to be anything other than flat? A few feet versus thousands of miles? If you draw a circle 200 miles in diameter on the ground.... and take 2 inches of circumference.... would the line not be indistinguishable from a straight line? I know you don't want to hear about the "S" word (scale)... but it is what it is.

You keep asking about gravity. Well, you either believe Newton's law of universal gravitation, or you don't. Obviously, you don't. Why does the water conform to the Earth's surface? Well, just a wild guess... but gravitational force vectors are perpendicular to the Earth's surface at any given point, and are co-linear with the Earth's center. So at any given point, you'll have gravity forces acting on any mass, including water, pulling it straight down.
    We'll there are 2 forms of gravity, Newtonian and Einstianian, and neither has been proven, so lets stick to facts.

It's a fact of our objective reality that the natural physics of water, are that it will always fill it's container and the surface will remain flat. Look at any body of water. This is a fact Tito. Objective reality. Natural science, empirical evidence. Test, repeat, observe for yourself.

So can you demonstrate your claim Tito? Or should we just believe your theory?

Pour your glass of water, then imagine it as big as a car, whats the surface like? Then imagine it as big as a building, whats the surface like? Then imagine it as big as a planet, whats the surface like? Always flat, because we know how this tangible substance works in this reality. At what point in your mind does the water start to conform to the outside shape of the glass?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll there are 2 forms of gravity, Newtonian and Einstianian, and neither has been proven, so lets stick to facts.

It's a fact of our objective reality that the natural physics of water, are that it will always fill it's container and the surface will remain flat. Look at any body of water. This is a fact Tito. Objective reality. Natural science, empirical evidence. Test, repeat, observe for yourself.

Pour your glass of water, then imagine it as big as a car, whats the surface like? Then imagine it as big as a building, whats the surface like? Then imagine it as big as a planet, whats the surface like? Always flat, because we know how this tangible substance works in this reality. At what point in your mind does the water start to conform to the outside shape of the glass?

Reread my post and then reread yours. You completely ignored my questions regarding scale, and seem hellbent on the pool of water. You pooh-pooh the gravity laws and only regurgitate what you've said over and over again.

Thus, I'm satisfied I've gone as far as I can with this argument, and am officially convinced you will never change your mind, because to begin with you dismiss hundreds of years of science, not to mention people who have actually flown in space.

I take it you've never flown in space, right?

Round Earther to Flat Earther....... over and out.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reread my post and then reread yours. You completely ignored my questions regarding scale, and seem hellbent on the pool of water. You pooh-pooh the gravity laws and only regurgitate what you've said over and over again.

Thus, I'm satisfied I've gone as far as I can with this argument, and am officially convinced you will never change your mind, because to begin with you dismiss hundreds of years of science, not to mention people who have actually flown in space.

I take it you've never flown in space, right?

Round Earther to Flat Earther....... over and out.
    Your question regarding scale is irrelevant. Drawing a line in the ground? Are you trying to dispute the factual physics of water in this reality? Just give me 1 example that you have seen with your own eyes, of water conforming to the exterior of a shape like it would have to on a globe.

Just 1 piece of empirical evidence of your spinning ball earth. Just 1.

Of course I won't change my mind, because I know it's a lie.

You are the 1 ignoring the actual natural science, or formulas and languages that were created by man.

Trusting the words of those you believe have been to space, is only hearsay. Again, it's not something you have seen for yourself.

And finally, I will repeat, I'm not trying to convince anyone. I have repeatedly advised that everyone does their own research and finds the knowledge for themselves. But I don't find it interest that you are trying to change my mind.

I can get into every other point, but I always start with natural science and water, empirical over artificial. The globe is only a belief.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No hey...... you're right. I've decided to become an explorer and venture off to the edge of the world. I mean, if it's flat, there must be an edge to it, right? Kind of excited, really.

Not sure what I'll find at the edge of the world, but whatever it is, I'll be sure to report back.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No hey...... you're right. I've decided to become an explorer and venture off to the edge of the world. I mean, if it's flat, there must be an edge to it, right? Kind of excited, really.

Not sure what I'll find at the edge of the world, but whatever it is, I'll be sure to report back.
    Thinking there's an edge is something that has been programmed into you. Not something you reasoned for yourself or have seen. Now neither have I, but like I have said, water needs to be contained in this reality.

But good luck, try going to Antarctica first and see how far you get.

The globe should be quite an easy thing to prove, just let an independent party circumnavigate from the north pole, down over the south pole and right back around to the north pole again. Let us pull out a compass at the actual poles, we can also use star trails to prove are at the actual poles, that would prove where we are, not some military designed GPS (Global haha) system.

Or better yet, turn the apparently real hubble around, and give us an unedited live stream view of the earth.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information