Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 20 Greatest fighters of All time?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The 20 Greatest fighters of All time?

ok heres my top 20 in no order(to hard to rank them) so ill just list the top 20 in no particular order
    ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAZIER
    RIDDICK BOWE

i probably forgot a few,id need to put more thought in to it but thats just of the top of my head
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MR T
    ok heres my top 20 in no order(to hard to rank them) so ill just list the top 20 in no particular order
    ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAIZER
    RIDDICK BOWE
    i probably forgot a few,id need to put more thought in to it but thats just of the top of my head
    thats pretty good list only few i would question ill put in bold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAIZER
    RIDDICK BOWE
    well i thought lamotta cause he beat prime SRR and knocked him down in every fight they had and cause he lost his best years due to mob politics,by the time he finnally got a title shot he was way past it

........and i was racking my brain for the last 2 .........but fgrazier did beat ali and only ever lost to 2 men and riddick bowe i think that was a bad choice...hes only claim to fame is his win over holy

............did you say once that holyfield shouldnt be in top 20?
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

ICB Guest

ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAIZER
    RIDDICK BOWE
    well i thought lamotta cause he beat prime SRR and knocked him down in every fight they had and cause he lost his best years due to mob politics,by the time he finnally got a title shot he was way past it

........and i was racking my brain for the last 2 .........but fgrazier did beat ali and only ever lost to 2 men and riddick bowe i think that was a bad choice...hes only claim to fame is his win over holy

............did you say once that holyfield shouldnt be in top 20?
    yea because even though im big fan of holy i dont think he did enough to get in top 20 and bowe only good wins is against holyfield so he doesnt derserve top 20

yea poor old jake had to take dive to get shot he was great no doubt but not top 20 imo

joe frazier only had few decent wins and his big win was against ali but he lost trilogy and he lost to foreman that for me stops him from getting in top 20

but overall good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i think holy deserves top 20 status.......he is considered by many including myself to be the greatest cruiser weve ever had and is a 4 time HW champ........

fu*k riddick bowe

....but be honest with me ok...who else on my list do you disagree with? i know you dont think tyson should be top 20?

ICB Guest

well i think holy deserves top 20 status.......he is considered by many including myself to be the greatest cruiser weve ever had and is a 4 time HW champ........

fu*k riddick bowe

....but be honest with me ok...who else on my list do you disagree with? i know you dont think tyson should be top 20?
    well i was going to put tyson on my list but i thought roy jones was higher than him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i forgot jones jr................he can take bowes spot on my list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No fowcking way Oscar is top 20 of all time! No way!

ICB Guest

well this is my list i copy and pasted i done it about week ago tell me what you think gamo and mr t

1 srr
    2 henry armstrong
    3 muhammad ali
    4 willie pep
    5 joe louis
    6 archie moore
    7 jimmy wilde
    8 roberto duran
    9 julio cesar chavez
    10 rocky marciano
    11 carlos monzon
    12 pernell whitaker
    13 marvin hagler
    14 george foreman
    15 benny leonard
    16 larry holmes
    17 salvador sanchez sorry had to have him in
    18 ricardo lopez
    19 thomas hearns
    20 roy jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well this is my list i copy and pasted i done it about week ago tell me what you think gamo and mr t

1 srr
    2 henry armstrong
    3 muhammad ali
    4 willie pep
    5 joe louis
    6 archie moore
    7 jimmy wilde
    8 roberto duran
    9 julio cesar chavez
    10 rocky marciano
    11 carlos monzon
    12 pernell whitaker
    13 marvin hagler
    14 george foreman
    15 benny leonard
    16 larry holmes
    18 ricardo lopez
    19 thomas hearns
    20 roy jones
    well mit pretty good list and i already cc you.......but..........drum role..............

archie moore is way to high and larry holmes is way to low and were my boy tyson c'mon he definatly in top 20 some where

ICB Guest

1 srr
    2 henry armstrong
    3 muhammad ali
    4 willie pep
    5 joe louis
    6 archie moore
    7 jimmy wilde
    8 roberto duran
    9 julio cesar chavez
    10 rocky marciano
    11 carlos monzon
    12 pernell whitaker
    13 marvin hagler
    14 george foreman
    15 benny leonard
    16 larry holmes
    18 ricardo lopez
    19 thomas hearns
    20 roy jones
    well mit pretty good list and i already cc you.......but..........drum role..............

archie moore is way to high and larry holmes is way to low and were my boy tyson c'mon he definatly in top 20 some where
    like i said bro he was going to be in number 20 spot but roy jones for winning so many titles and beating james toney hopkins virgil hill beats tyson top 20 spot

holmes is my favourite fighter in hw division as you know but i think he didnt really have top opponents in his era which was a shame

sorry i love the old mongoose what can i say one of best lightheavys of all time and just look at guys record its amazing

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All Moores best wins came when he was past his best, When he was at his best there were better fighters about he admitted that himself
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where the hell is my boy Wilfredo Gomez? i know he needs to be in the top 20 at least 20
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAZIER
    RIDDICK BOWE

Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Bob Foster, Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whitaker, Aaron Pryor, Archie Moore, Wilfredo Benitez, James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Delahoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are all better fighters than Riddick Bowe ever was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    ALI
    SRR
    SRL
    MIKE TYSON
    LARRY HOLMES
    JOE LOUIS
    JACK DEMPSEY
    JAKE LAMOTTA
    MARVIN HAGLER
    ROBERTO DURAN
    WILLIE PEP
    HENRY ARMSTRONG
    SONNY LISTON
    LENNOX LEWIS
    JACK JOHNSON
    TOMMY HEARNS
    EVANDER HOLYFIELD
    ROCKY MARCIANO
    JOE FRAZIER
    RIDDICK BOWE

Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Bob Foster, Roy Jones Jr, Pernell Whitaker, Aaron Pryor, Archie Moore, Wilfredo Benitez, James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Delahoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are all better fighters than Riddick Bowe ever was.
    yes they are and if u read my other post i said bowe is shit i just had a m,ental blank and couldnt think of anyone else at the time.....that was just of the top of my head but other than that i think its quite impressive list...yes im happy with that list but with jones jr on there instead of bowe

Thread Information