Thread: No Bradley rematch, Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 in the works for November 10

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Bradley rematch, Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 in the works for November 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    people really want to see pac marquez AGAIN who cares...it'll be the same fight as last time and the time before and the time before.

pac should rematch bradley in the fall, make 25 million and take on mayweather in spring and make 40 million. then retire.
    PAC only made 10 mil for that fight
    says here the NSAC has him making $26 million....
    https://twitter.com/boxing/status/210818062893580289

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Bradley rematch, Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 in the works for November 10

I would watch Pacquiao fight Marquez 10 times as long as they match up so well, either man can still badly hurt the other and therefore a completely different result to what we've seen is never out of the question. If the decision had gone the right way against Bradley, who wouldn't rather see Pacquiao fight Marquez again? I don't care what the judges saw, I didn't think the fight was terribly exciting and had Manny winning by at least 4 rounds.. Manny and Marquez are both on their way out and a 4th fight in Mexico City would be a great farewell for the fans, not to mention a fight Marquez seriously deserves.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a courtesy to long-suffering fans, Pac-Marquez IV should end when one of them is KO'ed.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The world knows what happened. Bradley is a paper champ and Marquez makes a shit load more money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be fearless for Pacquiao if he fights Marquez in Mexico. If he does that, then ,maybe he intends that to be his last fight. I strongly do not recommend that & I doubt that will happen. He would be in hostile territory and the only way he can win is if he knocks JMM out.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no evidence that he will get burnt in Mexico city. They have not had a major fight there in years. Plus Marquez has already been burnt in Vegas arguably twice.

Fighters need to travel to other peoples backyards if boxing is to survive. Its part of the risk/reward.

This home field stuff has gotten out of hand the last few years. Sturm hides out in Germany, Kessler in Denmark, Ward in Cali etc etc etc

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    It would be fearless for Pacquiao if he fights Marquez in Mexico. If he does that, then ,maybe he intends that to be his last fight. I strongly do not recommend that & I doubt that will happen. He would be in hostile territory and the only way he can win is if he knocks JMM out.
    Same as if Marquez fights in Las Vegas ( minus the hostile part)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    There is no evidence that he will get burnt in Mexico city. They have not had a major fight there in years. Plus Marquez has already been burnt in Vegas arguably twice.

Fighters need to travel to other peoples backyards if boxing is to survive. Its part of the risk/reward.

This home field stuff has gotten out of hand the last few years. Sturm hides out in Germany, Kessler in Denmark, Ward in Cali etc etc etc
    Does this mean that it's alright for Marquez to fight Pacquiao in the Philippines?

With such hostile crowd, I don't think any judge will risk life and limb to score a fight for Pacquiao. His only chances for a win is to take that decision off the judges hands.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 06-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Same as if Marquez fights in Las Vegas ( minus the hostile part)
    Las Vegas is supposed to be neutral territory for both Pacquiao and Marquez. And Manny's last fight proved that he does not have any sway with the judges, or maybe not anymore.

But if the two of them are to fight again, I prefer that it will not be in Las Vegas.

What cheating happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas.

Thread Information