Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you think Klitschkos would do in the MMA?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How do you think Klitschkos would do in the MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine3078 View Post
    The Kilts would get destroyed in a MMA fight with top MMA Heavyweights. To the person who keeps talking crazy about Lesnar being in the fake WWE you must not know much about him. Lesnar was an All-American wrestler in college, I mean dude was a BEAST. Wrestling is probably the best BASE to have in MMA. Also for you to say a boxer would kill a wrestler in MMA also shows you little knowledge of MMA. If you can't keep the fight on the feet your boxing means NOTHING.. Even standing I think WLAD would get KO'd. MMA fights are with 4oz gloves not 8oz like boxing. WLAD gets touched on that chin by an elite Heavyweight striker like Junior Dos Santos or Shane Carwin (and many more) he's going down hard.
    While I agree with u that a pure boxer like Wlad would no do that well in MMA hse days, to say someone like Dos Santos or Carwin would easily beat Wlad in pure stand up boxing is stupid. Wlad would have more skills, equal or better power, and better reach than any of those guys. A boxer is good no matter what size the gloves. And WLad 1 punch KOs uys with full size gloves so imagine what he'd do in a pair of MMA gloves.

You did not fully read my post. Nowhere in that post did I say JDS or Carwin would easily beat Wlad in pure stand up. I said if Wlad gets touched on the chin by them he's going down. In MMA that reach advantage can get nullified quickly by getting pinned against the cage.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The language barrier would definitely be huge when it comes to promoting those shitty hyped sports drinks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when is Wlad stiff and unathletic? Thats not true. He was faster on his feet and with his hands then Eddie Chambers. If they ever meet in the ring I think Wlad will be better on his feet then David Haye. If a guy like Cheik Congo can be moderately successful in MMA with absolutely no ground game and less striking ability then either Klitschko's then hell yeah. In fact, I think that either Klitschko would smash Lesnar, that's my honest opinion. I think Vitali's style is more suited for MMA, holds his hands lower and has better one shot power imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Kilts would get destroyed in a MMA fight with top MMA Heavyweights. To the person who keeps talking crazy about Lesnar being in the fake WWE you must not know much about him. Lesnar was an All-American wrestler in college, I mean dude was a BEAST. Wrestling is probably the best BASE to have in MMA. Also for you to say a boxer would kill a wrestler in MMA also shows you little knowledge of MMA. If you can't keep the fight on the feet your boxing means NOTHING.. Even standing I think WLAD would get KO'd. MMA fights are with 4oz gloves not 8oz like boxing. WLAD gets touched on that chin by an elite Heavyweight striker like Junior Dos Santos or Shane Carwin (and many more) he's going down hard.
    While I agree with u that a pure boxer like Wlad would no do that well in MMA hse days, to say someone like Dos Santos or Carwin would easily beat Wlad in pure stand up boxing is stupid. Wlad would have more skills, equal or better power, and better reach than any of those guys. A boxer is good no matter what size the gloves. And WLad 1 punch KOs uys with full size gloves so imagine what he'd do in a pair of MMA gloves.

You did not fully read my post. Nowhere in that post did I say JDS or Carwin would easily beat Wlad in pure stand up. I said if Wlad gets touched on the chin by them he's going down. In MMA that reach advantage can get nullified quickly by getting pinned against the cage.
    Well again my point is the odds of Carwin or Dos santos getting to Wlads chin in pure stand up boxing is almost nil. Yes they are good strikers in MMA but both those guys would probably struggle to get into the top 50 boxers in the world. if top ranked boxers struggle to get near Wlads chin these days a MMA fighter would have almost zero chance. Especially as their defense is almost non existent and Wlad would more than likely KO both those guys very quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Since when is Wlad stiff and unathletic? Thats not true. He was faster on his feet and with his hands then Eddie Chambers. If they ever meet in the ring I think Wlad will be better on his feet then David Haye. If a guy like Cheik Congo can be moderately successful in MMA with absolutely no ground game and less striking ability then either Klitschko's then hell yeah. In fact, I think that either Klitschko would smash Lesnar, that's my honest opinion. I think Vitali's style is more suited for MMA, holds his hands lower and has better one shot power imo.
    Cheick Kongo is garbage and gets owned whenever he faces any of the upper echelon of MMA heavyweights. Sorry but there is a very slim chance in hell that any klits could beat Lesnar. I hate the dude but I have to give him his props he's a beast. He would take both klits to the ground easily and pound them out from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The language barrier would definitely be huge when it comes to promoting those shitty hyped sports drinks.
    Truth.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheick Kongo is garbage and gets owned whenever he faces any of the upper echelon of MMA heavyweights. Sorry but there is a very slim chance in hell that any klits could beat Lesnar. I hate the dude but I have to give him his props he's a beast. He would take both klits to the ground easily and pound them out from there.
    Why is it automatically assumed he gets taken to the ground? Lesnar is crude as fuck standing up and I doubt he's really much faster then Wlad on his feet. All it would take was one punch, from Vitali it could be one of those off-angle jabs and with a 4 oz glove and it's over, if he caught Lesnar standing up it would be the easiest night of work they've ever had. That's the truth isn't it? And if Brock was dumb enough to exchange just a single time, it would be over. The fight starts on the feet and if Brock would win he would have to go through serious hell in the first part of the fight.

Fuck I hate these arguments because for some reason boxers are just written off in MMA and MMA guys are made out to be some super-fighters.

El Kabong Guest

Fuck I hate these arguments because for some reason boxers are just written off in MMA and MMA guys are made out to be some super-fighters.
    ....all you have to point out is "There was a reason that Kimbo Slice chose MMA over boxing" and it wasn't the money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well again my point is the odds of Carwin or Dos santos getting to Wlads chin in pure stand up boxing is almost nil. Yes they are good strikers in MMA but both those guys would probably struggle to get into the top 50 boxers in the world. if top ranked boxers struggle to get near Wlads chin these days a MMA fighter would have almost zero chance. Especially as their defense is almost non existent and Wlad would more than likely KO both those guys very quickly.

We are talking MMA fights not pure stand up boxing as you keep referring to it as. Of course if we are talking a boxing match Carwin and JDS would get owned but we are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The conversation goes both ways. MMA guys are written off when talking pure boxing matches so of course boxers will be written off when it comes to MMA. I love both sports but I just don't think there is much crossover room for either. Unless a boxer has a background in some other martial art discipline I just don't see them fairing well in MMA. Boxing involves one thing punching the other person and not getting hit. MMA is so much more to it than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are talking MMA fights not pure stand up boxing as you keep referring to it as. Of course if we are talking a boxing match Carwin and JDS would get owned but we are not.
    This is what u wrote:
    Even standing I think WLAD would get KO'd. MMA fights are with 4oz gloves not 8oz like boxing. WLAD gets touched on that chin by an elite Heavyweight striker like Junior Dos Santos or Shane Carwin (and many more) he's going down hard.

U said Carwin or Dos Santos would KO Wlad in stand up, which i think is nighon ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The conversation goes both ways. MMA guys are written off when talking pure boxing matches so of course boxers will be written off when it comes to MMA. I love both sports but I just don't think there is much crossover room for either. Unless a boxer has a background in some other martial art discipline I just don't see them fairing well in MMA. Boxing involves one thing punching the other person and not getting hit. MMA is so much more to it than that.
    Yup, as I am not a fan of MMA, I can still understand the skill involved in it and can respect it. This conversation gets mustered up all the time and after a long, drawn out, exhausting conversation you still get to the same result. In effect it' the proverbial apples and oranges.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what u wrote:
    Even standing I think WLAD would get KO'd. MMA fights are with 4oz gloves not 8oz like boxing. WLAD gets touched on that chin by an elite Heavyweight striker like Junior Dos Santos or Shane Carwin (and many more) he's going down hard.

U said Carwin or Dos Santos would KO Wlad in stand up, which i think is nighon ridiculous.
    If you equate standing in a MMA match to standing in boxing then you know nothing about MMA. I'm done with going back and forth with you because your knowledge of MMA is pretty much nonexistant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what u wrote:

If you equate standing in a MMA match to standing in boxing then you know nothing about MMA. I'm done with going back and forth with you because your knowledge of MMA is pretty much nonexistant.
    I watch plenty of MMA and know enuf about it to realise that even the best MMA strikers would be sub par boxers. What would Dos Santos do in stand up to KO Wlad before Wlad hit him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what u wrote:

I watch plenty of MMA and know enuf about it to realise that even the best MMA strikers would be sub par boxers. What would Dos Santos do in stand up to KO Wlad before Wlad hit him?

LOL maybe me and you are having different conversations. This conversation was NEVER about MMA strikers being BOXERS, but yet you keep bringing that up. For the LAST time striking in MMA is MUCH different from boxing. In boxing all you can do is throw punches. Striking in MMA is so much more. In my opinion if a Klits were in a MMA match with carwin or JDS they would get pushed against the cage tied up in a clinch and pounded out.

Things you can't to in boxing. You can't hold someone's arms controlling them in boxing. Does it happen in boxing yes sometimes before being immediately broken up by the refs. In MMA is perfectly legal. Can you throw elbows while in the clinch in boxing? NO. Can you throw kicks in boxing? No! Yes you can push your opponant up against the ropes in boxing but there is alot of wiggle room against the ropes. The cage is ungiving. You get pushed up against the cage in MMA you're stuck especially if you are facing someone who really knows how to use that such as Randy Couture.

Please get off the whole MMA fighters would make sub par boxers kick EVERYONE knows that but that was never the subject of this conversation. Striking in MMA is VASTLY different from striking in MMA which is why I believe the KLITS could get KO'd in MMA.

Thread Information