Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Former Tyson Opponents Could Of Beat The Tyson Who Fought Douglas ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which Former Tyson Opponents Could Of Beat The Tyson Who Fought Douglas ??

Buster was not to be denied that night. It would have been interesting to see him in that form against Holyfield. He was favourite for the fight, he could have beaten Holyfield (like the first Bowe fight) and may have ended Holyfield's career a bit earlier than 2007.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which Former Tyson Opponents Could Of Beat The Tyson Who Fought Douglas ??

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    You look at Douglas going back to the corner and tell me his legs weren't like Jelly...The video cuts out some parts but as far as Douglas on the way back to the corner
    When did I ever say his legs weren't jelly? Of course his legs were wobbly.

My point is that if the count were 2 seconds quicker, then Douglas still would have been able to get up (on wobbly legs) and that the extra 2 seconds of time wouldn't have been enough for Mike to knock him out.

OK whatever
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    OK whatever
    Are you saying Douglas was on the verge of getting KO'd? That's crap he took that shot better than anyone else could have, I mean he didn't stumble around the ring or have to hang on for dear life like so many other Tyson opponents......Buster knew Tyson's barrage of power punches was coming at the begining of the next round and he nullified it and it mentally broke Mike, after that round it was even more one sided than the rest of the fight!

Buster Douglas completely whipped Mike Tyson's ass....there is no way you can give Tyson the lead at any point in that fight!!! And at no point in that fight was Buster ever in danger of losing the lead in the fight!

What Buster Douglas did to Mike Tyson is what Larry Holmes WISHED he could have done to Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think Tyson could have beat the count too but he felt the need to pick up his mouthpeice before getting up lol. I kind of felt bad for him but either way Douglas would have put him back down.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I actually think Tyson could have beat the count too but he felt the need to pick up his mouthpeice before getting up lol. I kind of felt bad for him but either way Douglas would have put him back down.
    I dont know ,Not a need to pick up the mouthpeice...But an instinct.He was KTFO to the second power.Mike sagged into the ref when up,mouth piece all crooked.If he was aware he could have done a Corrales (R.I.P),and rose with out to buy time. IMO Douglas that night could have damaged MANY top heavy,past & present.

Thread Information