Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch stuck in England by Volcanic ash

i guess he never heard of a boat before.. vikings used boats when they ruled the northern atlantic and north sea. come on. it could be like two days but its better than being stuck or driving to denmark thru france belgium and germany
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

You certainly couldn't drive the whole way I'm no geography whiz but I'm pretty sure the UK is a giant island.
    John Cleese just hired a Taxi to drive from Oslo to Brussels and he is 70 years old!
    That will cost him a fortune, would have been cheaper to fly.
    Is that a joke?

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Helicopters have engines too. Its the ash clogging up the air filters and stuff.....

Froch and his team will now be panicking

Kesslers team will be loving it
    Thanks chief, I was so sure Helicopters ran by a winch with a 1500000:1 ratio and some gargantuan man giving it stink the whole way through Who is that Tyson is sparring with in your sigi there, anyone well known? He does a good job to keep his guard up for that upper.
    Im sure its Oliver McCall, Steve Lott sent me about 100 minutes of stuff hed recorded himself, including a load of rounds of Mike sparring Oliver McCall in a Japanese gym prior to the Tubbs fight.

McCall did a lot of biitching during the sparring, he was strong but didnt like it when Mike gets the better of him, Rooney changes partners a few times because of it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the main problem for Froch will actually be getting over the channel. All the radio stations are telling us not to try and turn up at the ferry terminals or the channel tunnel train station without a ticket, and that they are full for the next few days....if he can get to calais with a motor, he should be able to make it....maybe he can hire a fishing boat or something to get him across.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I think the main problem for Froch will actually be getting over the channel. All the radio stations are telling us not to try and turn up at the ferry terminals or the channel tunnel train station without a ticket, and that they are full for the next few days....if he can get to calais with a motor, he should be able to make it....maybe he can hire a fishing boat or something to get him across.
    Maybe he could hire Uncle Albert and Del Boy to take him across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU1VARysuT8

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch neednt worry about their navigational skills either, watch from 1.46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJUodkpVA0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a serious note, I think this could be a potential FOTY. Both have solid chins, can bang and don't mind going to war.

Can't see there being a problem with Froch getting there, He'll get over easy enough by Ferry and most of the hard training should be done. The climate isn't really much different from britain so that shouldn't be much of a factor, although i'd have already been there myself. I'd have made plans as soon as the cloud of ash appeared and shut down airports.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    On a serious note, I think this could be a potential FOTY. Both have solid chins, can bang and don't mind going to war.

Can't see there being a problem with Froch getting there, He'll get over easy enough by Ferry and most of the hard training should be done. The climate isn't really much different from britain so that shouldn't be much of a factor, although i'd have already been there myself. I'd have made plans as soon as the cloud of ash appeared and shut down airports.

Is a ferry really a fitting way for a world champion to travel though?

It's like if all the roads were gridlocked forcing a world champ to ride through the fields on the back of a tractor, hardly the most glamourous of arrivals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

You certainly couldn't drive the whole way I'm no geography whiz but I'm pretty sure the UK is a giant island.
    John Cleese just hired a Taxi to drive from Oslo to Brussels and he is 70 years old!
    That will cost him a fortune, would have been cheaper to fly.
    It apparently cost him £3,300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like if all the roads were gridlocked forcing a world champ to ride through the fields on the back of a tractor, hardly the most glamourous of arrivals.
    Maybe not, but Froch likes to think of himself as a man who'll fight anybody, anywhere and under any circumstance, so a bit of a ferry ride and then drive should not hurt him too much!

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe not, but Froch likes to think of himself as a man who'll fight anybody, anywhere and under any circumstance, so a bit of a ferry ride and then drive should not hurt him too much!
    Being a Froch "hater" I cant help but smirk at all the negatives here, it will be piissing the team off that hes having less prep time in Denmark. He may get quite tired from an 18 hour boat trip then another few hours in a taxi, he may even be someone that gets sea sick

He will also now be at the throat of that thick twaat Hennesey for not sorting out an alternative route by now and having it all out on forums and becoming a joke

I watched the new 360 programme on the tournament and in a meeting with all the other promoters it sounds to me that Hennesey is trying to sound even more cockney, like a cuunt, like something out of lock stock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jeez what the hell is wrong with this forum and the endless hating on froch

Even i`ll admit he comes across as a complete twat outside of the ring. But what exactly has he done inside it other than beat everybody his ever fought including taking out pascal, taylor and dirrell in the space of a year to warrant such distaste??

Froch is a class fighter, he`s favourite to win the super6 for a very good reason. Once he does eventually have the opportunity to hand both ward and dirrell(again) their arses on a plate i anticipate a lot of sour, bitter people on this site
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Even i`ll admit he comes across as a complete twat outside of the ring. But what exactly has he done inside it other than beat everybody his ever fought including taking out pascal, taylor and dirrell in the space of a year to warrant such distaste??

Froch is a class fighter, he`s favourite to win the super6 for a very good reason. Once he does eventually have the opportunity to hand both ward and dirrell(again) their arses on a plate i anticipate a lot of sour, bitter people on this site

Effing hell, u're as deluded as him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Effing hell, u're as deluded as him
    "froch wont beat pascal" HE DID
    "pascal isnt that good of a fighter anyway" HE IS
    "doesnt stand a chance against taylor in his own backyard" HE DID
    "taylor was a shot fighter anyway" HE WASNT
    "wont have enough to beat dirrell" HE DID
    "dirrells a manufactured champ anyway" HE ISNT

getting really bored of having to defend carl froch on this forum considering the fact i think the guys a standout prick outside of the ring
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, until he changes his attitude and stops telling us how hard he hits, how quick he is and how good his chin is and all the other lies and bullshiit like how Calzaghe avoided him, im not going to like him and neither will anyone else.

Maybe if he had kept his gob shut we would accept him as a messy fighter whos done ok in his last few fights but after listening to all his self promoting crap then to watch him struggle against 2 completely untested fighters and get dropped by an ex middle weight and win that one by the skin of his teeth, its just annoying.

Im not sure that Kessler is the fighter he was, I think hes had that arrogance and hunger robbed from him by Calzaghe but im enjoying the fact that mother nature is even trying to make it difficult for Carl now

I havent seen or heard any reports on Kesslers training or sparring, I did read that Kessler said he left his sparring too late in the Ward camp, didnt have enough?? Who knows? He should have still delt with Ward!

Thread Information