Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ask a Pro: Larry Olubamiwo

I'd like to know if you think 4 years is fair? If not how long do you think you should have been suspended for?

Also with Tarver, Berto, and Peterson all testing positive as well as yourself has anything changed in how this is monitored in boxing and why are we seeing a rush of positive tests all at once?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Im not going to pretend to know the benefits of taking whatever you took and Im not going to look it up either so I'd like to know.... of all the attributes we'd like to see in a fighter (strength, speed, stamina, courage, punching power, ability to take a punch, mental strength etc) What were you trying to improve on?
    Good question, Memphis. Can I just clarify before I send it off - Do you mean what was he trying to improve on by taking what he took or what was he trying to improve on in general in the boxing gym?
    Yes mate by taking whatever it was he took. I assume it would have to be a physical shortcut he was after? I'm by no means an expert but I wouldn't think taking performance enhancing drugs would improve mental strength, courage etc. It might give someone some added confidence I guess knowing that they have a little something else in the locker but those kind of attributes you either have or you don't. I suppose you can gain them over time but not by taking a pill or jab.

What was he hoping to gain from the drugs that he couldn't gain legitimately?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An unfair advantage?

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has he stopped answering questions?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It's only been a couple days with no answers, give the guy a chance!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It's only been a couple days with no answers, give the guy a chance!
    It's been one day actually since I sent them lol patience everybody I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he said he was on his way outdoors so he'd get to them when he came back. He'll get to them..he's always been one of the more interactive pro's with the fans.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: Ask a Pro: Larry Olubamiwo

I'm curious Athugz, you're saying that gear won't make you grow more fast twitch muscle fibres?

This is true.

But to my knowledge that is completely moot, you can't grow more of any fibre... But you can improve the performance and volumise the fibres (all 3 different types).

Nothings gonna 'give you more fast twitch muscle fibers', that's not how it works, but why wouldn't a PED that accelerates the development of the CNS and the volume, force output and velocity of muscle contractions (not amount of fibres) undoubtly give a boost to punching power?... even for paul malignaggi...

I know you're trying to shoot greenbeanz down, but you must know that PEDs are gonna make you hit harder?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I'm curious Athugz, you're saying that gear won't make you grow more fast twitch muscle fibres?

This is true.

But to my knowledge that is completely moot, you can't grow more of any fibre... But you can improve the performance and volumise the fibres (all 3 different types).

Nothings gonna 'give you more fast twitch muscle fibers', that's not how it works, but why wouldn't a PED that accelerates the development of the CNS and the volume, force output and velocity of muscle contractions (not amount of fibres) undoubtly give a boost to punching power?... even for paul malignaggi...

I know you're trying to shoot greenbeanz down, but you must know that PEDs are gonna make you hit harder?
    my point in the Khan-Garcia thread about Petersons increased performance and being able to get inside Khan a lot easier. Peterson looked pretty ordinary against Bradley and then looked a changed fighter against Khan. Maybe showing steroids do in fact increase performance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll post the last responses from Larry when we get them in and will close the thread for now.

Time for the next Pro!........

Thread Information