Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

You guys get done 60 US ?

What do you English fellas pay in pounds?

We get ours for $39 . 95. yeah 40 bucks.

Canada what do you guys pay?
    We Canadians are smart enough to save our money and just watch it on a stream. Most of us are probably too drunk to accurately remember the big fights as they happen anyways, so we just download them the next day and save ourselve $49.99.
    Well, I'm not gonna stream it to a 13" monitor when I invite 10 people over to see it. Sure, I could connect my 46" tv to it but to have a shitty stream would ruin it. I'll pay the 55 bucks to watch it in HD and record it on DVR for the following day to rewatch it sober... But that's me.

And yes, it's a great time for boxing though I also agree it was a slow start. It's shaping up indeed.
    Now, if any of my friends liked boxing and would come over and watch it with me I might feel differently. Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know who is a fan of the sport. In fact, the only people I really talk about boxing with are the people on here. No one else I know gives a fuck about the sport and their eyes just glaze over if I start to talk about it, though my girlfriend is good about faking an interest in my boxing-based ramblings from time to time. Aside from the Mayweather - Dela Hoya fight, I think I have always watched the big fights alone.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

We Canadians are smart enough to save our money and just watch it on a stream. Most of us are probably too drunk to accurately remember the big fights as they happen anyways, so we just download them the next day and save ourselve $49.99.
    Well, I'm not gonna stream it to a 13" monitor when I invite 10 people over to see it. Sure, I could connect my 46" tv to it but to have a shitty stream would ruin it. I'll pay the 55 bucks to watch it in HD and record it on DVR for the following day to rewatch it sober... But that's me.

And yes, it's a great time for boxing though I also agree it was a slow start. It's shaping up indeed.
    Now, if any of my friends liked boxing and would come over and watch it with me I might feel differently. Unfortunately, I'm the only person I know who is a fan of the sport. In fact, the only people I really talk about boxing with are the people on here. No one else I know gives a fuck about the sport and their eyes just glaze over if I start to talk about it, though my girlfriend is good about faking an interest in my boxing-based ramblings from time to time. Aside from the Mayweather - Dela Hoya fight, I think I have always watched the big fights alone.
    That sucks! My condolences. It's always great fun to watch a big fight with friends. I guess I would just stream it too if I was the only one watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

That sucks! My condolences. It's always great fun to watch a big fight with friends. I guess I would just stream it too if I was the only one watching.
    My friend and I are both about as into boxing as the other. His girlfriend is also a good friend of mine and she's grown accustom to watching fights. I, over the years, have disguised fight nights as parties to get a bunch of people over and now it's just commonplace for all those people to come over when a big fight's on... They're all into the super six as well. I end up with about 10-12 people at my house for fights. Everyone throws a few bucks at me and brings their own beer and I basically watch it with friends for free.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think boxing has been rejuvenated but seems like most of the decision makers promoting the fights don't utilize the new technologies in media well enough.

HBO Boxing - Download free podcast episodes by HBO Podcasts on iTunes.

HBO is the only subscription video podcast I've come across aside from documentary movie rentals. Facing Ali and Tyson.

There are some great podcast here. I especially like Ward/Gatti highlights which I'm sure most of you have already seen. Unfortunately of the few full fights there are only audio. It would be awsome if they put up some old classic fights.

Thread Information