Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do they deserve to be in the Hall or not?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do they deserve to be in the Hall or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    As for the article:

Casa - yes
    Hatton - On the fence still
    Gerry - On the fence still
    Tarver - no
    Ivan - On the fence still

I agree with Raskin on most thing here. Especially what he says about Gerry & Ivan.

Something to think about here about the Hall of Fame.
    Here are some names of fighters who SHOULD be hall of fame but have not yet been inducted. Now IMO these fighters are head & shoulders above Gerry and they happen to be Asian.

I'll start of with some of Gerrys country men who are NOT in the Hall.
    Ceferino Garcia & Luisito Espinoza.

Then you've got the rest of Asians who are still waiting in line themselves;
    Jung Koo Chang, Chong Pal Park, Chartchai Chionoi, Ki Soo Kim, Myung Woo Yuh, Yoko Gushiken, Sot Chitalada, Hiroshi Kobayashi, Masao Ohba, Yoshio Shirai, Pone Kingpetch, Jiro Watanabe....

I can go on and on, my point here is that for Gerry to be in the Hall is possible but just look at that list I just put together of great Asian fighters who are NOT in yet.

I mean Masamori Tokuyama beat Gerry twice (I know one of the fights was close) but I would give Masamori more of a chance at Hall then Gerry now.
    Been meaning to say..great point Lol!without generalizing,Asian fighters up until recently have been under the radar.If Yuh & Chang with eye popping # of defenses 17 & 15 respectively,among others are not worthy of the HOF,maybe they should overhaul there requirements for induction,or just turn it into a Big box store like Sam's club .I do think the isolation in there homelands have attributed to being overlooked,Yuh only loss was when he went to Japan vs.Ioka which he would soon defeat in rematch.Changs competition was quality,Chitalada,(2nd fight was a toss up)Ohashi,Zapata,Torres Gonzalez...the man was literally ONE punch away from claiming 2nd division strap at Flyweight vs.Kittakasem and ran into an eyes closed swing for the fences type of bomb in the 12th round.Maybe some day they will get the call??

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So can anyone actually provide a logical arguement as to why Hatton should belong in the hall, but Tarver definetly doesn't? I just don't see that much seperating their careers aside from popularity.. Beaten about the same calibre of fighters, I don't see a big gap in ability, if anything Tarver has had more longevity to his career.. Just puzzles me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    As for the article:

Casa - yes
    Hatton - On the fence still
    Gerry - On the fence still
    Tarver - no
    Ivan - On the fence still

I agree with Raskin on most thing here. Especially what he says about Gerry & Ivan.

Something to think about here about the Hall of Fame.
    Here are some names of fighters who SHOULD be hall of fame but have not yet been inducted. Now IMO these fighters are head & shoulders above Gerry and they happen to be Asian.

I'll start of with some of Gerrys country men who are NOT in the Hall.
    Ceferino Garcia & Luisito Espinoza.

Then you've got the rest of Asians who are still waiting in line themselves;
    Jung Koo Chang, Chong Pal Park, Chartchai Chionoi, Ki Soo Kim, Myung Woo Yuh, Yoko Gushiken, Sot Chitalada, Hiroshi Kobayashi, Masao Ohba, Yoshio Shirai, Pone Kingpetch, Jiro Watanabe....

I can go on and on, my point here is that for Gerry to be in the Hall is possible but just look at that list I just put together of great Asian fighters who are NOT in yet.

I mean Masamori Tokuyama beat Gerry twice (I know one of the fights was close) but I would give Masamori more of a chance at Hall then Gerry now.
    Been meaning to say..great point Lol!without generalizing,Asian fighters up until recently have been under the radar.If Yuh & Chang with eye popping # of defenses 17 & 15 respectively,among others are not worthy of the HOF,maybe they should overhaul there requirements for induction,or just turn it into a Big box store like Sam's club .I do think the isolation in there homelands have attributed to being overlooked,Yuh only loss was when he went to Japan vs.Ioka which he would soon defeat in rematch.Changs competition was quality,Chitalada,(2nd fight was a toss up)Ohashi,Zapata,Torres Gonzalez...the man was literally ONE punch away from claiming 2nd division strap at Flyweight vs.Kittakasem and ran into an eyes closed swing for the fences type of bomb in the 12th round.Maybe some day they will get the call??
    Thanks Spicoli,
    I am not trying to discredit Penalosa in any way I just wanted to show how much work he's gonna need if he want's to be HoF.
    I'm with you all the way if those fighters aren't HoF yet with their credentials then honestly I can't see Penalosa as HoF anytime soon after he retires. I mean how long have some of these fighters been retired/out of the game for?
    Let's hope that the HoF picks it up and get's itself back together for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to even have casayamor in this conversation is ridicoulous gurantee hof

hatton making it he's a fan favorite

calderon another win against cazares what can he do after

penosola with no fights ahead i think its too late to leave a mark ,but great fighter

tarver a hof then stacy dash is givin me some head

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyBacon View Post
    calderon another win against cazares what can he do after
    He can fight "Archie" Solis who along with Cazares have been considered the 2 best Flys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    So can anyone actually provide a logical arguement as to why Hatton should belong in the hall, but Tarver definetly doesn't? I just don't see that much seperating their careers aside from popularity.. Beaten about the same calibre of fighters, I don't see a big gap in ability, if anything Tarver has had more longevity to his career.. Just puzzles me.
    dominated his division for almost 5 years now
    only been beaten once..which was by the very best
    is a thrill a minute entertainer that attracts 50,000+ for fights
    is a 2 weight world champion
    Doesnt star in shit sequels

need i go on...

Thread Information