Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: So finally...the rematch is here...who you pickin' & how?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    And Mike Tyson lost to Kevin McBride and Danny Williams....hey a loss is a loss I guess Mike is a sorry a** fighter huh.....Ali lost to Trevor Berbick.
    Tyson is sorry.

McBride, Berbick, & Williams were even sorrier.

You sound like a hater when you bring up the Purrity fight...yeah it was a loss but it was a loss because Wlad was a young fighter who threw too many punches.
    Well...I hate to sound that way also...but that was the fight that put me out the most. Honestly, more so than the Sanders loss.

I agree that Wlad was a young fighter who threw too many shots...but against Brewster he shoulda known better & against Sanders...well that was just one shot too many.

Sanders is the MOST legit loss he has suffered, the Brewster loss, well I guess we'll see about that next weekend.
    Agreed...kind of.

He was about to get his consciousness sent into the light bulbs against Purrity...you know that as well as I do. As far as Brewster goes...many say that Brewster TKO'd him with a few choice shots...that's horse shit. Wlad clearly lost that one.

There's a photo that I used to put up all the time about Wlad lookin all silly putty faced on one of Brewster's shots that begs to differ...but Wlad did gas out.

Lineage is kind of hard to follow when there is not just ONE CHAMPION....if we're doing lineage we're saying Oleg Maskaev is THE GUY right now and to me....that sounds outrageously stupid
    Totally agree...lineage is a tuff one...but then again...so is the Oleg statement.

Gotdam that's funny!!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just another one of Wacko's Drunken Round by Rounds! Klitschko vs Brewster II

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    The fight is today?
    No thweets.

It's next weekend...there's no fight on this weekend...

Oh yeah...Evander vs Saverwhatever's on PPV tonight.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

El Kabong Guest

Wacko, I can understand your views on Wlad's losses and I can understand your confusion as to why he would allow himself to be beaten the ways he has BUT no one is perfect and Wladimir has his flaws and everyone knows them ....but then again everyone can't use them to their advantage can they?

Wlad is the most devistating, efficient, and effective fighter in the heavyweight division when he is on his game and I think the days where he's off his game are few and far between and his record shows that.

I'm a Wlad fan first and then a Vitali fan.....and let me just say that everyone clammoring for them to fight each other is ridiculous NEVER have we asked two brothers to fight each other and it's wrong to ask it of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO6sSV2amBQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u76Xe...elated&search= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Lf_...elated&search= For the guys that did not see their first encounter. But Klitschko will murder this chump this time around.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko, I can understand your views on Wlad's losses and I can understand your confusion as to why he would allow himself to be beaten the ways he has BUT no one is perfect and Wladimir has his flaws and everyone knows them ....but then again everyone can't use them to their advantage can they?
    I have never said that anyone was perfect…especially not a boxer. Any man can & will lose at the drop of a hat. Honestly, I can’t understand why he loses in the fashion that he does…he should know better…there are times that I can side with you…& then there are times when you just come off as a bit…rabid…when it comes to Wlad.

I can go along with being totally dedicated to one’s fighter…I do the same with Hopkins, Wright, & Mayweather…but there are times when you just have to see that the light at the end of the tunnel don’t always shine so bright.

You get’s a bit…overly defensive when it comes to Wlad.

I’m just sayin…heh heh heh.

Wlad is the most devistating, efficient, and effective fighter in the heavyweight division when he is on his game and I think the days where he's off his game are few and far between and his record shows that.
    Agreed. Said that me very self in this very same thread. Three losses outta 51 fights aint nothing to take lightly.

My only complaint?

He never got to KICK THE FWOCKIN SHAT OUTTA JANE LOUISE!!!

Oh how I woulda loved that one!!!

Heh heh heh.

I 'm a Wlad fan first and then a Vitali fan.....and let me just say that everyone clammoring for them to fight each other is ridiculous NEVER have we asked two brothers to fight each other and it's wrong to ask it of them.
    Ahhhh man…I hate that.

I would never NEVER want to see that.

It’s pretty stupid to even entertain the thoughts of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Boxing Fan
    Klitschko will murder this chump this time around.
    You know...I can't see it any other way myself...that is unless ofcourse Wlad is psychologically fwocked, gasses out, or Brewster catches him like he did against Golota.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    You have to realize its really hard to rate wlad because instead of following a lineage, you have to rate wlad like you rate liston. Liston didn't fight Marciano or any other names (established greats) from his previous era, He had to fight names that came into their own like Patterson.
    I do realize that...& I see where you are coming...but I think that you should realize the first 15 or 16 words that you stated.

That being said...you do make a good valid point...you do...& it'd good for debate...so I applaude you sincerely...but I do think that you are being a bit harsh...especially comparing him to Liston.

One thing that does bother me a bit about your post is the thing about the Liston & Wlad comparison. Is it saying more that Wlad fought up & comers & bested them when they were becoming what they were or the fact that he didn't sharpen his teeth on worn talent?

I know that that sounds harsh...but honestly...I think that Wlad does deserve the benefit of the doubt...no matter how many times I've had to give it.

You feel me?
    I'm not saying wlad is liston i'm saying that he's like liston because instead of fighting established greats, he's fighting people that made their own names in a different era so you kinda have to clean the slate and judge them on a whole different basis and thats hard for people to do objectively.

Yes "everytime"....3 times in over 50 fights that's like saying everytime Ali was on the rise he lost.

I'm not saying Wlad is as great as Ali but Wlad is a good fighter in this era and he'll be considered one of the best of the post Ali era...after his career is over I'll put him up there with Holmes, Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, and Bowe
    that "everytime" doesn't mean he always lost, that meant that everytime people where 100% sold on him and wrote his last loss off as a fluke he dropped the ball and made people go crazy. As i've said before he's doing better now than he has during any previous stretch of his career but he's still wlad and you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to realize its really hard to rate wlad because instead of following a lineage, you have to rate wlad like you rate liston. Liston didn't fight Marciano or any other names (established greats) from his previous era, He had to fight names that came into their own like Patterson.
    I do realize that...& I see where you are coming...but I think that you should realize the first 15 or 16 words that you stated.

That being said...you do make a good valid point...you do...& it'd good for debate...so I applaude you sincerely...but I do think that you are being a bit harsh...especially comparing him to Liston.

One thing that does bother me a bit about your post is the thing about the Liston & Wlad comparison. Is it saying more that Wlad fought up & comers & bested them when they were becoming what they were or the fact that he didn't sharpen his teeth on worn talent?

I know that that sounds harsh...but honestly...I think that Wlad does deserve the benefit of the doubt...no matter how many times I've had to give it.

You feel me?
    I'm not saying wlad is liston i'm saying that he's like liston because instead of fighting established greats, he's fighting people that made their own names in a different era so you kinda have to clean the slate and judge them on a whole different basis and thats hard for people to do objectively.

Yes "everytime"....3 times in over 50 fights that's like saying everytime Ali was on the rise he lost.

I'm not saying Wlad is as great as Ali but Wlad is a good fighter in this era and he'll be considered one of the best of the post Ali era...after his career is over I'll put him up there with Holmes, Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, and Bowe
    that "everytime" doesn't mean he always lost, that meant that everytime people where 100% sold on him and wrote his last loss off as a fluke he dropped the ball and made people go crazy. As i've said before he's doing better now than he has during any previous stretch of his career but he's still wlad and you never know.
    Gotcha...on both...but I still say that he's worth giving the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You feel me?

Gotcha...on both...but I still say that he's worth giving the benefit of the doubt.
    This is the first step forward for putting away all doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You feel me?

This is the first step forward for putting away all doubt.
    Agreed.

Now aint that sumfin?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Wladimir to win by TKO only because there was no ko option.
    I think Brewster will get his first taste ever of the mat between 6 and 8.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by USA LOVES THE KLITSCHKOS
    I voted Wladimir to win by TKO only because there was no ko option.
    I think Brewster will get his first taste ever of the mat between 6 and 8.
    Oddly enough...I thought that Brewster had been stopped by Etienne for some reason.

Shows ya how much I pay attention to heavyweights & such.

Cheers for the info & the clarification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Mike Tyson lost to Kevin McBride and Danny Williams....hey a loss is a loss I guess Mike is a sorry a** fighter huh.....Ali lost to Trevor Berbick.
    Tyson is sorry.

McBride, Berbick, & Williams were even sorrier.

You sound like a hater when you bring up the Purrity fight...yeah it was a loss but it was a loss because Wlad was a young fighter who threw too many punches.
    Well...I hate to sound that way also...but that was the fight that put me out the most. Honestly, more so than the Sanders loss.

I agree that Wlad was a young fighter who threw too many shots...but against Brewster he shoulda known better & against Sanders...well that was just one shot too many.

Sanders is the MOST legit loss he has suffered, the Brewster loss, well I guess we'll see about that next weekend.
    Agreed...kind of.

He was about to get his consciousness sent into the light bulbs against Purrity...you know that as well as I do. As far as Brewster goes...many say that Brewster TKO'd him with a few choice shots...that's horse S***. Wlad clearly lost that one.

There's a photo that I used to put up all the time about Wlad lookin all silly putty faced on one of Brewster's shots that begs to differ...but Wlad did gas out.

Lineage is kind of hard to follow when there is not just ONE CHAMPION....if we're doing lineage we're saying Oleg Maskaev is THE GUY right now and to me....that sounds outrageously stupid
    Totally agree...lineage is a tuff one...but then again...so is the Oleg statement.

Gotdam that's funny!!
    First off i'll say that wlad isnt the best in boxing...

but he is my favorite of all the boxers in the world today...
    without klitch i might not even be into boxing... klitch got me back into boxing when i saw him ko mercer with a left hook...

i didnt realize how young klitch was until i have been following povetchkin, which is 27... by 27 klitch was already recognized as the best HW..

i think all of Klitchko's losses was due to lack of an excellent trainer that any american would have gotten as a teenager, if he had the size and skills of klitch...

i feel with all of my heart if wlad had great trainers that showed him good footwork, clinching, and defence.. he could have been competive in the ali, frazier years...

remember the guy is 6'7 with speed and power.... i've seen many re-run HW fights and he can throw with ANYONE...

wlad has fought tough competition for years... by far has fought the best HWs out of the current HWs..

the biggest reason for wlad getting disrepect is he has no other great boxers to challenge him.... however klitchko lost his bouts he showed with a good trainer he could have easliy beat them all...

hopefully povetkin can give him a hell of a challenge in the next couple of years... and both of them will be huge in the future...

boxing needs klitchko... and klitchko should go undefeated in the next 4 to 6 years and should be concidered a top ten HW ever if he does...

to people that dont like klitchko put ANYONE IN THE WORLD IN THE RING WITH WLAD AND KLITCH WILL KNOCK THAT A$$ OUT... PUT KIMBO, SHAQ,RAY LEWIS, 12 ROUNDS THEY WOULD GET A BEAT DOWN, FROM THE HEAD DOWN!!!

I LOOOOOOVE KLITCHKO.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the ref tripped klitch after the end of the round...

and since when did refs call the fight when the guy is walking back to his corner??

have any of you real experienced boxing fans ever seen a ref stop the fight like that before

i havent..

brewster tackled klitch at the end of round 4.. why didnt the ref stop it then?.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information