Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hatton Mayweathers best opponent yet?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Hatton Mayweathers best opponent yet?

Hatton is good but he ain't the best Mayweather has faced Oscar was a bigger challenge i think he will out fox Hatton quite easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    Hatton is good but he ain't the best Mayweather has faced Oscar was a bigger challenge i think he will out fox Hatton quite easy.
    I kinda think that Hatton's going to give Floyd some issues early on. He'll come out fast & hard...but I just don't see him lasting the stretch in the same fashion. If Floyd keeps it in the middle of the mat...Hatton's fwocked.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We never see Hatton on the back foot what if he can't really fight going backwards Hattons best work is coming forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We never see Hatton on the back foot. what if he can't really fight going backwards?Hattons best work is coming forward.
    That is an excellent question.
    Miguel Cotto proved his boxing ability/versatility. This is a good opportunity for Hatton to show his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only thing Ricky is going to be fighting going backwards is gravity!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Best? No, toughest? possibly
    Yes toughest I think by far. I think Hatton's approach will be to attack the body and try to open him up with shots from multiple angles . I think Mayweather isn't one of the greatest. He dose not have the career fights and knock outs like the great Willie Pep or Ray Robinson. These guys were knocking people out and making a crowd pleasing fights and doing it 200-300 times in there career. Mayweather is a cream puff , a tampon and not even the beginning of a pimple on the Willie Pep , Harry Greb , or Ray Ronbinson's ass. Thats like comparing Jeter to Cobb or Ruth to Bonds. Ruth three times in his career had more home runs than any other entire baseball teams line up. That is unheard of. Then agian I look on the bright side and see the raw uncivilized raw boxers like Kelly Pavlik , Ricky Hatton and Edison Miranda
    and i do see some glimpse of hope.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

quote author=MAYWEATHER P4P#1 link=topic=55438.msg717933#msg717933 date=1196379201]
    We never see Hatton on the back foot what if he can't really fight going backwards Hattons best work is coming forward.
    [/quote]

Rewatch the Hatton Collazo fight. I just did tonight...it's a really good fight...& it's also a bit of a dubious decision, IWO.

While Hatton dropped Collazo in the first round…he didn’t really convince me that he won…nor did he “take the title” from the champion. Round about the 4th or 5th round Collazo started really putting pressure on Hatton via that pin point accurate left hand.

By the 7th & 8th he was standing toe to toe with Hatton & taking his body shots. From then on out…Collazo backed him up…& no he did not do to well in reverse. The thing about Hatton is that, to date, he has proven to have the ability to just stop & bull through exchanges with even some of the heavy handed hitters of his division.

What keeps gaining my attention with Hatton as far as a detraction is the fact that when they got to the 11th & 12th round & Collazo would unleash a flurry…Hatton began dropping his hands…eating those flurries. Hatton was even rocked a few times during the 11th & there was a time in the 12th that I was a bit worried that he might have dropped by a few of those left hooks.

He was caught quite a few times in the 12th that he shouldn’t have.

IWHO, Floyd is twice the boxer & tactician that Collazo is…& if it’s a fact that Hatton’s not suited for 147lbs…he might be totally out of his league. Granted it was Hatton's first move up, granted Collazo is a hell of a boxer, granted granted granted...I just think that Hatton's gonna have to be a hell of a lot more focused than he was then...& no matter what anyone in his camp says...he was on point the night of the "British Invasion" & it really just didn't seem like enough to me.

Floyd's going to be a hell of a lot taller order...but maybe he'll be more determined this go round.

It’s just such a hard call.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kinda like Mike Tyson, the guy never took a backward step he would be getting his asss handed to him but he kept coming despite eating tons of leather

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I do consider Hatton to better than Shramba Mitchell and Henry Brussles
    Come on VD.
    Bruseles & Hatton don't even belong in the same sentence. I see Bruseles in PBFs career as a mere stepping stone in his career.
    I see Hatton as a real threat to PBF someone that can give PBF trouble.

ODLH
    Hatton
    Chico
    JLC

Also for the record Sharmba was a mere trial horse for PBFs 1st fight at 147 again neither IMO come close to Hatton. I also understand what Sharmbas career was about at LW but that IMO was years ago and all you have to do is look at Sharmbas performances leading to the fight and after that fight to know how much of a threat Sharmba possesed.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Come on VD.
    Bruseles & Hatton don't even belong in the same sentence. I see Bruseles in PBFs career as a mere stepping stone in his career.

ODLH
    Hatton
    Chico
    JLC

Also for the record Sharmba was a mere trial horse for PBFs 1st fight at 147 again neither IMO come close to Hatton. I also understand what Sharmbas career was about at LW but that IMO was years ago and all you have to do is look at Sharmbas performances leading to the fight and after that fight to know how much of a threat Sharmba possesed.

I said Hatton was better than them

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Come on VD.

ODLH
    Hatton
    Chico
    JLC

I said Hatton was better than them
    Right, I got that but I guess to me it reads that you think Hatton is along the lines of them the way it's put.
    When he's really miles ahead of both of them. I guess I could be reading it a certain way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanoutofshape

Wacko, ive just answered the question mate your a bit late. Your in-depth analysis did kind of sway me

though matey!
    Glad I could help, fatmantolazytogetoffthefwockincouch.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    quote author=MAYWEATHER P4P#1 link=topic=55438.msg717933#msg717933 date=1196379201]
    Rewatch the Hatton Collazo fight. I just did tonight...it's a really good fight...& it's also a bit of a dubious decision, IWO.

While Hatton dropped Collazo in the first round…he didn’t really convince me that he won…nor did he “take the title” from the champion. Round about the 4th or 5th round Collazo started really putting pressure on Hatton via that pin point accurate left hand.

By the 7th & 8th he was standing toe to toe with Hatton & taking his body shots. From then on out…Collazo backed him up…& no he did not do to well in reverse. The thing about Hatton is that, to date, he has proven to have the ability to just stop & bull through exchanges with even some of the heavy handed hitters of his division.

What keeps gaining my attention with Hatton as far as a detraction is the fact that when they got to the 11th & 12th round & Collazo would unleash a flurry…Hatton began dropping his hands…eating those flurries. Hatton was even rocked a few times during the 11th & there was a time in the 12th that I was a bit worried that he might have dropped by a few of those left hooks.

He was caught quite a few times in the 12th that he shouldn’t have.

IWHO, Floyd is twice the boxer & tactician that Collazo is…& if it’s a fact that Hatton’s not suited for 147lbs…he might be totally out of his league. Granted it was Hatton's first move up, granted Collazo is a hell of a boxer, granted granted granted...I just think that Hatton's gonna have to be a hell of a lot more focused than he was then...& no matter what anyone in his camp says...he was on point the night of the "British Invasion" & it really just didn't seem like enough to me.

Floyd's going to be a hell of a lot taller order...but maybe he'll be more determined this go round.

It’s just such a hard call.

[/quote]CC#3333 good post and thanks for mentioning me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can any of you say that Oscar De la hoya is was a better opponent than Hatton will be

I think that's a load of rubish. A prime DelaHoya would have been but not the old one that's blowing out of his arse by round 7.

Delahoya took that fight for the fantastic pay day, he put up a very good fight but he knew deep down he had a slim chance of winning due to his age.

Hatton is fast hungry and unbeaten. This is by far Mayweathers toughest test to date. Also Corrales was way to much of a plodding power puncher for Mayweather and that fight was a much weaker weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just about hauled my fat arse off the couch! attaboy wacko, now your talking, a proper analysis.

Bear in mind the Collazo fight was his first move up in weight and was fighting a fully fledged Welter

whereas PBF will not have the physical advantage of size having moved throught the weights from

lightweight.The fact i got off the couch at all is fucking amazing seeing as some numpty decided to

put a bottle across my swede last night! Thats life in the mean streets of Kent, England. Back on the

couch.........

Thread Information