Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao-diaz Title Fight Sells 7,000 Tickets On First Day

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Here's some info from wikipedia regarding Paquito Diaz.

Francisco Bustillos Diaz, who is better known by his screen name Paquito Diaz (born May 28, 1945 in Pampanga, Philippines), is a veteran Filipino actor and movie director who specialized in action and comedy. His father was an American citizen of Mexican (Spanish and Native American) descent. His brother, the late Romy Diaz, and children Joko and Cheska are also actors.

Like many of us from the Philippines, we can trace our origin to Spanish ancestors. That's why there are many Filipinos who look like Mexicans.

Besides, I believe Spanish was the medium of instruction in the Philippines before. Our national hero even wrote his books in Spanish. I really love "Noli Me Tangere" and "El Filibusterismo". Pacstraight and Julius, have you read those books already?
    I hope your not mixing up mexicans from spaniards. Mexican from mexico, spaniards from spain. I don't think anybody from mexico ever came to the philippines back then. More filipinos came to mexico to help conquer california under spain.

Philippines was occupied not conquered.

Fpj had spaniard blood not mexican. Plus fpjs real name isn't fpj at all, he just took up that name in honor of his father. Fernando Poe, Like Edgar Allen Poe Fpj's real name was Ronald Allen Poe, anyways His father was pure Spainish his grandparents from his fathers side were from Mallorca, Spain. Fpj's father had a first wife who was also pure spanish, Fpj's mother whom is his fathers second wife is pure Filipina. Therefor Ronald Allen Poe or as we know him Fernando Poe Jr is half spaniard half filipino just my 2 cent My mother told me this story almost all the time

The GodFather:

http://www.rescue117.com/images/fpj.jpg

Last edited by Julius Rain; 04-24-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our national hero even wrote his books in Spanish. I really love "Noli Me Tangere" and "El Filibusterismo". Pacstraight and Julius, have you read those books already?
    History is my wost subject (sorry pacfan). I could'nt stand the 2hr, every MWF of it when I was elementary. The Padre Damazo, Basillio and Crispin and their crazy mom?.. sorry bruce, I passed the subject, but I've almost totally forgotten about those books.

Jose Rizal was a nobelman. But Andres Bonifacio is my fav of all Fil heroes, cuz he wasn't just all about talk,.. he was a katipunero.

Kataastaasan at Kagalanggalang Katipunan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Philippine sports radio interviewed David Diaz...

Pacquiao Video: Filipino Interviews David Diaz Transcript & Video

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Diaz: Yeah, I think it is. I think regardless of the outcome of this, I think everybody is gonna be happy that Manny took this fight. It would a be a fight that people come to see back to the old days boxing. So think this is gonna be very good fight for this sports.

Cant believe David said that. He should be sounding confident. Pac is gonna have to be the boxer in this one but the way hes been evolving I dont think he will mind that role. Davids easy to see coming and Pac has the speed to counter him. A washed up Erik Morales who lasted 3 with Pac handled David fairly easily so Pac should be able to do a similar job .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Train hard, Erik advises Pacman
    By Joaquin Henson, The Philippine Star, Fri, 25 Apr 2008
    Erik Morales has some friendly advice for Manny Pacquiao who faces WBC lightweight champion David Diaz in Las Vegas on June 28. “Train hard,” he said. “Extend your training because if you’re up against a fighter who’s prepared to go the distance, you might find it difficult to stay strong.” Read Full Story >>> Philippine Star - Articles - -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha!

Morales' opinion on Pac-JMM 2:

“It was a close fight but Manny clearly won,” said Morales. “Manny knocked down Marquez and that made the difference. Marquez and his fans thought he won. You can’t stop people from disagreeing with the decision. But we must understand that judges see things some people don’t. They see different angles. They’re in the best position to decide who won.”

He and I have pretty much the same take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny is being a butthole again...

Pacquiao disappoints top handlers
    By Nick Giongco, The Manila Bulletin, Fri, 25 Apr 2008
    Promoter Bob Arum and trainer Freddie Roach, leading figures in Manny Pacquiao’s career, yesterday expressed concern over the decision made by the Filipino southpaw not to leave for the US next week so the fighter can both promote and train early for his June 28 bout in Las Vegas. "You can Read Full Story >>> Manila Bulletin Online

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this will actually be a guarenteed scrap.Diaz can not Fight backing and will lay in while pac will hopefully bye the notion that Diaz is but a belt-warmer and go out for the spectacular Demolition.Let the coronation for the king began l0l.Pacs left and sharp combos will eventually wreck All to willing Diaz but Diaz will not go sheepishly

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Manny is being a butthole again...

Pacquiao disappoints top handlers
    By Nick Giongco, The Manila Bulletin, Fri, 25 Apr 2008
    Promoter Bob Arum and trainer Freddie Roach, leading figures in Manny Pacquiao’s career, yesterday expressed concern over the decision made by the Filipino southpaw not to leave for the US next week so the fighter can both promote and train early for his June 28 bout in Las Vegas. "You can Read Full Story >>> Manila Bulletin Online

I think Pacquaio is making this fight more exciting by training late. A very conditioned Pacquaio would mean an easy win for him against Diaz.

Pacquaio's camp could be strategically making his training controversial.That way,people would be having second thoughts as to the probability of an easy fight against Diaz.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Here's some info from wikipedia regarding Paquito Diaz.

Francisco Bustillos Diaz, who is better known by his screen name Paquito Diaz (born May 28, 1945 in Pampanga, Philippines), is a veteran Filipino actor and movie director who specialized in action and comedy. His father was an American citizen of Mexican (Spanish and Native American) descent. His brother, the late Romy Diaz, and children Joko and Cheska are also actors.

Like many of us from the Philippines, we can trace our origin to Spanish ancestors. That's why there are many Filipinos who look like Mexicans.

Besides, I believe Spanish was the medium of instruction in the Philippines before. Our national hero even wrote his books in Spanish. I really love "Noli Me Tangere" and "El Filibusterismo". Pacstraight and Julius, have you read those books already?
    I hope your not mixing up mexicans from spaniards. Mexican from mexico, spaniards from spain. I don't think anybody from mexico ever came to the philippines back then. More filipinos came to mexico to help conquer california under spain.

Philippines was occupied not conquered.

Fpj had spaniard blood not mexican. Plus fpjs real name isn't fpj at all, he just took up that name in honor of his father. Fernando Poe, Like Edgar Allen Poe Fpj's real name was Ronald Allen Poe, anyways His father was pure Spainish his grandparents from his fathers side were from Mallorca, Spain. Fpj's father had a first wife who was also pure spanish, Fpj's mother whom is his fathers second wife is pure Filipina. Therefor Ronald Allen Poe or as we know him Fernando Poe Jr is half spaniard half filipino just my 2 cent My mother told me this story almost all the time

The GodFather:

Brother Julius,

Am not mixing Mexicans from Spaniards. What am saying is that, some Mexicans and Filipinos have the same origins. Remember that we were under the Viceroy of Mexico during Spanish period.Mexico was also under Spanish colonial rule as we were.

Bro, we were not occupied by Spain. We were conquered. I know because I know the history of the Philippines very well.

Regarding FPJ, he was alleged to be an American citizen.

Brother pacstraight,

Am not also for Jose Rizal as our national hero. I love his books but as to agree for his being our national hero is a different thing.

I suggest though that you read his "Noli me Tangere" and you'll know the reason why he was made our national hero.

It's Kataastaasan, Kagalang-galangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Booooo!!!

Diaz trains, Manny goes scuba diving
    By Abac Cordero, The Philippine Star, Tue, 29 Apr 2008
    From his home in Chicago, David Diaz talked about winning, while Manny Pacquiao, who was in far-away Cebu, took his first crack at scuba diving. Diaz, who stakes his WBC lightweight crown against Pacquiao on June 28 in Las Vegas, is now in his second week of training for the biggest fight of his Read Full Story >>> Philippine Star - Articles - -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess Manny is just being Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PACQUIAO IS CROSSING THE RIVER OF NO RETURN
    By Alex P. Vidal, PhilBoxing.com, Tue, 29 Apr 2008
    Now that he has crossed the river of no return, so to speak, by scaling the 135 pounds to challenge World Boxing Council (WBC) lightweight champion David Diaz on June 28 in Las Vegas, there is no turning back now for WBC super featherweight (130 pounds) champion Manny Pacquiao. He has to remain i Read Full Story >>> PACQUIAO IS CROSSING THE RIVER OF NO RETURN

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac is making his new movie, the story of lapu lapu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    pac is making his new movie, the story of lapu lapu
    I thought that was just some sort of inauguration only to commemorate the Magellan's arrival in Mactan.

Thread Information