Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The only fight that makes sense @ 147 is...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The only fight that makes sense @ 147 is...

However If Tony took the lead casing out of his chin he may be able fo drop down to 135
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Pac is not moving up to challenge himself against the best. He's looking for the HUGE paydays moving up in weight will bring.

If you're gonna get duffed up, you need to guarantee the money makes it worthwhile.

Pac-Oscar
    Pac-Hatton

Would be far bigger than Pac-Margarito could ever be. Margarito isn't a big enough "star" to warrant the risk.
    This is BS the fact that He is moving up speaks volumes... Hatton and Oscar are way bigger risks than fihgting anybody at lightwiehgt for Manny. I mean Hatton would beat any of the lightweight champions right now. Oscar is Oscar, a way more dangerous opponent then Margarito or Hatton.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Pac is not moving up to challenge himself against the best. He's looking for the HUGE paydays moving up in weight will bring.

If you're gonna get duffed up, you need to guarantee the money makes it worthwhile.

Pac-Oscar
    Pac-Hatton

Would be far bigger than Pac-Margarito could ever be. Margarito isn't a big enough "star" to warrant the risk.
    This is BS the fact that He is moving up speaks volumes... Hatton and Oscar are way bigger risks than fihgting anybody at lightwiehgt for Manny. I mean Hatton would beat any of the lightweight champions right now. Oscar is Oscar, a way more dangerous opponent then Margarito or Hatton.
    err.. what? Did you quote the wrong post?

I said.. Pac is taking a big RISK moving up because of the MASSIVE money he will earn. The HUGE money against Hatton or Oscar make the risk of getting battered worthwhile. If the money wasn't/isn't HUGE he has no need to, or will, move up in weight.

Get it?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know man... Thats a tall order for anyone I would think let alonr Pac. Most will say he is 147 on fight night usually and he is effective, Margarito will hydrate to about 155-160 and is at his best. I think thae gap is to much

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sonny78 View Post
    However If Tony took the lead casing out of his chin he may be able fo drop down to 135
    but funny all the same.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i cant believe ppl are going for pacman in this fight im a pacman fan but im a realist and margo would destroy him imo cotto will beat him to we still havnt seen pacman at 140lb so you cant assume that he is a beast at 147lb im not going to lie ill buy the ppv sure why not i love knockouts lol pacman should fight the lightweights (which is very deep) and wait for hatton to be ready now that fight will generate alot of money and it would be close in many ppls eyes but pacman is no doubt #1 p4p
    pe@ce

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....this would be like calling in your big older brother to beat up the arch bully on the block.The Delahoya farce talk is bad enough .They could get Super Pac some little elevated shoe's..... Wack's is on a roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Violent D says that Pac will get crushed...I gotta agree there...the reach again comes into play.

Fenster...well...yeah...I agree that pretty much everyone would get arrested after the slaughter...& yes...he's moving up for money & fame now...not real challenges...hence the Diaz fight. In the end though...it's boxing business...& boxing is Pac's business...so it comes out making sense & dollars to him & his camp.

Taeth raised a good point about Mayweather at 147...but I still think that Pac would be a bit too limited to conquer Margarito at 147 in comparison to Floyd. Good points though.

Agreed with No Contest...it'd be a bit of a slaughter...but it'd be fun to watch.

ssss...no dis to you either...but this is just standard run of the mill Wacko humor & purely hypothetical shit...& why am I explaining this?
    NEXT!!!!

Julius Rain...gotta agree...I'd love to see Guzman vs Pac...but I aint sure you'd like the outcome. Pac vs Hatton would suit your guy more...I honestly think that Pac would smoke Hatton...Guzman? Nope...no way.

Bx730NY...sober as a judge buddy...but if everyone wants to see Pac move up to face Oscar...that's what should be considered insane...that he passed on a real challenge like Margarito.

hitmandonny...finally...somebody else said it...if you're gonna make these double dutch jumping weight games...make 'em with legit competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    ....this would be like calling in your big older brother to beat up the arch bully on the block.The Delahoya farce talk is bad enough .They could get Super Pac some little elevated shoe's..... Wack's is on a roll
    Heh heh heh.

For real though...the amount of humor that the general consensus has lost over the last 8 or 9 months is truely staggering...but seriously...I won't say I told you so when this fight materializes...

But just remember...

I TOLD EVREE GOTDAM ONE UH YA'Z!!!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information