Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oscar De la Hoya Enlists Nacho Beristain As Trainer For His Showdown With Pacquiao

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De la Hoya Enlists Nacho Beristain As Trainer For His Showdown With Pacquia

okay. I stand corrected with your updates.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Oscar De la Hoya Enlists Nacho Beristain As Trainer For His Showdown With Pacquia

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

What a joke 40% of the people who polled know little about boxing ........ I can not wait to see the Pac Pinata get wacked and all the nuthuggers falling out on the floor

at least 40% of the 18,388 people who voted for Pac to win will be suffering with us. that's 7, 355.2 people. LOL.

If pac wins, there will be great rejoicing in the Philippines and I will come back here with a very low result in the prediction contest coz I will be voting for OLDH to win by UD(or TKO, depending on Pac's conditioning). But i can assure you that I will be humble with Pac's victory like in the past. .... and you however, will still be coming here to discount any achievement Pac has done..... of course, that's the way losers act and think.
    It's not only 18,388 people Mr. Bruce... It's now 63,994 people picking PAC to win with 44,383 people picking PAC to stop (KO?) DelaHoya...

... ...

Wow you created all those accounts and voted ?

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I know for 100 percent Mick would never pick Pacquiao over ODLH, because he is a massive ODLH fan, Duran is punch drunk after 100 wars in the ring thats his excuse, whats yours ?

Mick posted this on the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    SSM UD
    Berto UD
    Vitaly TKO
    BCD UD
    Pavlik MD
    RJJ SD
    Taylor UD
    Hatton-Paulie Draw
    Pac UD
    link --> http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...st-2008-a.html

You mean Mick not serious in picking PAC by UD? Or you're just afraid to label Mick a "punch drunk"?

Me? I got no excuse...
    That must be a mistake but either way i couldn't careless im just having a bit of fun

And my orignal comment about the rocking horse still stands
    Your rocking horse comment will make you popular since it reflects much of your boxing knowledge...

In boxing anything can happen and it's really foolish to totally write off one boxers' chances...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

at least 40% of the 18,388 people who voted for Pac to win will be suffering with us. that's 7, 355.2 people. LOL.

If pac wins, there will be great rejoicing in the Philippines and I will come back here with a very low result in the prediction contest coz I will be voting for OLDH to win by UD(or TKO, depending on Pac's conditioning). But i can assure you that I will be humble with Pac's victory like in the past. .... and you however, will still be coming here to discount any achievement Pac has done..... of course, that's the way losers act and think.
    It's not only 18,388 people Mr. Bruce... It's now 63,994 people picking PAC to win with 44,383 people picking PAC to stop (KO?) DelaHoya...

... ...

That's all you can say? Why don't you show here a poll with at least a thousand votes where Hoya is winning?

ICB Guest

Mick posted this on the other thread:

link --> http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...st-2008-a.html

You mean Mick not serious in picking PAC by UD? Or you're just afraid to label Mick a "punch drunk"?

Me? I got no excuse...
    That must be a mistake but either way i couldn't careless im just having a bit of fun

Your rocking horse comment will make you popular since it reflects much of your boxing knowledge...

In boxing anything can happen and it's really foolish to totally write off one boxers' chances...
    Hitting a nerve am i ?

Funny how you wind people up but can't handle it back

And one last thing even if i had a coma right now, then woke up 2 weeks later and had forgotten half of the boxing i know right now, i would still know much more than you, don't punch above your weight because your lose big time, my little deluded Pac fan

ICB Guest

... ...

That's all you can say? Why don't you show here a poll with at least a thousand votes where Hoya is winning?
    Yep thats all i can say

XaduBoxer Guest

Hitting a nerve am i ?

And one last thing even if i had a coma right now, then woke up 2 weeks later and had forgotten half of the boxing i know right now, i would still know much more than you, don't punch above your weight because your lose big time, my little deluded Pac fan
    If you are really knowledgeable about boxing (as what you claimed), you should not make comments like that for it will only make you look foolish...

Some boxing greats were picking Pacquiao while others picked Hoya (and they're not writing off PAC's chances)... But you giving PAC no chance at all? It's laughable...

ICB Guest

Hitting a nerve am i ?

If you are really knowledgeable about boxing (as what you claimed), you should not make comments like that for it will only make you look foolish...

Some boxing greats were picking Pacquiao while others picked Hoya (and they're not writing off PAC's chances)... But you giving PAC no chance at all? It's laughable...
    What is laughable is that you clearly can't take anything with a pinch of salt when you yourself have wound up Marquez fans constantly, all of my comments on this topic have been sarcastic and im just having bit of fun, you took it too serious even when i told you this, hence why this has gotten a tad heated............

If you want my honest opinion i don't think Manny Pacquiao has much of chance, even though he is a great fighter. His speed will be his only advantage but even that will slow quite a bit with him moving up in weight. And his power will be much less effective because he won't dent iron chinned ODLH at Welterweight, ODLH is far too big and strong. For little Manny Pacquiao, this match up was considered a joke last year i don't know why some people are considering it to be a good match up now...........

ODLH has some stamina issues but do you really think Manny Pacquiao, will be able to come forward and really test those issues ? because IMO if Manny Pacquiao has any chance of winning he will have to fight on the backfoot where he will be even less effective, because he is a much better fighter at coming forward than he is on the backfoot........

Plus even if Manny Pacquiao averaged at 146 for his last fight which will be close to his limit for the ODLH fight, how much do you think ODLH will average ? he was one stone heavier than Floyd Mayweather at 154, so ODLH will easily average 160 or close to it for his fight with Manny Pacquiao, which sounds like disaster for Manny Pacquiao to me.
    Last edited by ICB; 09-25-2008 at 04:15 AM.

XaduBoxer Guest

Hitting a nerve am i ?

What is laughable is that you clearly can't take anything with a pinch of salt when you yourself have wound up Marquez fans constantly, all of my comments on this topic have been sarcastic and im just having bit of fun, you took it too serious even when i told you this, hence why this has gotten a tad heated............

If you want my honest opinion i don't think Manny Pacquiao has much of chance, even though he is a great fighter. His speed will be his only advantage but even that will slow quite a bit with him moving up in weight. And his power will be much less effective because he won't dent iron chinned ODLH at Welterweight, ODLH is far too big and strong. For little Manny Pacquiao, this match up was considered a joke last year i don't know why some people are considering it to be a good match up now...........

ODLH has some stamina issues but do you really think Manny Pacquiao, will be able to come forward and really test those issues ? because IMO if Manny Pacquiao has any chance of winning he will have to fight on the backfoot where he will be even less effective, because he is a much better fighter at coming forward than he is on the backfoot........

Plus even if Manny Pacquiao averaged at 146 for his last fight which will be close to his limit for the ODLH fight, how much do you think ODLH will average ? he was one stone heavier than Floyd Mayweather at 154, so ODLH will easily average 160 or close to it for his fight with Manny Pacquiao, which sounds like disaster for Manny Pacquiao to me.

Good analysis...

As what I thought, you don't really need to resort to "rocking horse" tactic or calling great boxers "punch drunk" in order to drive your point...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 09-25-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And his power will be much less effective because he won't dent iron chinned ODLH at Welterweight, ODLH is far too big and strong
    I was thinking the other day, if Mayorga connected ODLH with some nice clean uppercuts and straight rights to his jaw and chin without really hurting him, what can we expect from Pac? Unless Pac has more punching power than Mayorga.
    The casual fan doesn’t see the weight difference here so it doesn't surprise me to see all those polls with people voting that Pac will completely annihilate Oscar. Let's see what happens. In boxing there's always the element of surprise.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    And his power will be much less effective because he won't dent iron chinned ODLH at Welterweight, ODLH is far too big and strong
    I was thinking the other day, if Mayorga connected ODLH with some nice clean uppercuts and straight rights to his jaw and chin without really hurting him, what can we expect from Pac? Unless Pac has more punching power than Mayorga.
    The casual fan doesn’t see the weight difference here so it doesn't surprise me to see all those polls with people voting that Pac will completely annihilate Oscar. Let's see what happens. In boxing there's always the element of surprise.
    Very true. if Mayweather can't KO ODLH, what chance will Pac have against him?

Anyway, as my countryman, I will be cheering for Pac but my prediction will be for ODLH.

Thread Information