Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 5 P4P Now?

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    You're a man of your word ElTerrible. That's cool.

Your new sig will probably annoy VD more, than you.
    it already seems to have pissed off Kankersore haha either way yea i put my top 5, seems that the little bitch couldn't handle the fact that there are still fighters out there who have accomplished a lot more and are still more deserving than Donaire, i mean it was a great win, and that's why i finally have him on the p4p list, but 2 good wins don't put you right up there on the p4p list especially with the gap between those 2 fights, IMO the guys i have up in the top 5 are more deserving and have done a lot more than Donaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    You're a man of your word ElTerrible. That's cool.

Your new sig will probably annoy VD more, than you.
    it already seems to have pissed off Kankersore haha either way yea i put my top 5, seems that the little bitch couldn't handle the fact that there are still fighters out there who have accomplished a lot more and are still more deserving than Donaire, i mean it was a great win, and that's why i finally have him on the p4p list, but 2 good wins don't put you right up there on the p4p list especially with the gap between those 2 fights, IMO the guys i have up in the top 5 are more deserving and have done a lot more than Donaire
    I respect Montiel. I've never ever talk crap about him. I said "he will get slaughtered or KTFO" but that just about it. He still have better boxing resume than Donaire. 40 something win with 70 percent KO rate against some good names. No one can take that away from him. But the better man won last night. Beat the man to be the man as they say.

Donaire is getting exaggeratedly overhype right now regarding this p4p thing. Like I'm trying to say in first page of this thread. Pacquiao only became one of the top p4p fighter when he defeated Barrera for the first time. I think Nonito will have to win a lineal belt in heavier weight class too to deserve such accolade he's receiving right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think HBO guys like Roy Jones are putting him at #2 because of skillset. I completely agree, skill wise Nonito is right below Pacquiao but considering every factor such as resume I have to place him third or forth.

When it comes to skills i dont think anybody can deny him that number 2 slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Pac
    2. Floyd
    3. Sergio
    4. Marquez
    5. Juan Ma
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    1. Pac
    2. Floyd
    3. Sergio
    4. Marquez
    5. Juan Ma
    exactly how i have it right now, IMO Donaire is now actually deserving of p4p status but still have him on the bottom half, around 7 or 8

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I think HBO guys like Roy Jones are putting him at #2 because of skillset. I completely agree, skill wise Nonito is right below Pacquiao but considering every factor such as resume I have to place him third or forth.

are you kidding me? Mayweather's skills are way beyond Donaire's

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For what it's worth, my top 5 p4p would probably look something like this:

1. Pacquiao
    2. Mayweather
    3. Martinez
    4. Hopkins (I feel dirty just typing that)
    5. Ward/Donaire/Bradley/Lopez/Froch

I really feel the guys I have in the #5 spot are pretty interchangeable depending on ones preferences.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MY personal top 5 p4p does not include Floyd Mayweather.

(collective sigh of disbelief from Mayweather fans)

I just don't think that having fought the overrated Hatton, undersized JMM, and over-the-hill Mosley in about 3 1/2 frigging years is action enough to warrant a top 5 p4p ranking for the Pretty Boy. (Even RJJ himself was calling him inactive during last night's telecast.... and he LIKES Floyd).

That being said, let the insults rain, and the booing begin........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is retired.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I just don't think that having fought the overrated Hatton, undersized JMM, and over-the-hill Mosley in about 3 1/2 frigging years is action enough to warrant a top 5 p4p ranking for the Pretty Boy. (Even RJJ himself was calling him inactive during last night's telecast.... and he LIKES Floyd).

If you are removing him from the ratings altogether on the grounds that he is inactive/retired then it's a fair position to hold, although for myself I still have him at two as he's not not publicly retired.

If you're saying you have him further down your list however and just don't think his current opposition is worthy of a top 5 placement then that is the most retarded thing I've heard on Saddo's this week at least, certainly since Seanie's plan to get doctor's to lead the protests for better fight matchups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

If you are removing him from the ratings altogether on the grounds that he is inactive/retired then it's a fair position to hold, although for myself I still have him at two as he's not not publicly retired.

If you're saying you have him further down your list however and just don't think his current opposition is worthy of a top 5 placement then that is the most retarded thing I've heard on Saddo's this week at least, certainly since Seanie's plan to get doctor's to lead the protests for better fight matchups
    Lol! That was really a strange thread he/she made.

Is he a he or a she?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Floyd
    2. Pac
    3. Martinez
    4. JMM
    5. JML

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is retired.
    until he actually says it again as he did the first time around, he's not retired, hell it hasn't even been a full 12 months since his last fight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Pretty good list.

I'll go with

Pacquaio
    Mayweather
    Martinez
    Donaire (I guess)
    Bradley

Marquez for me is now a sideshow, great fighter but no longer competing to try and win world titles and unify divisions. He's the past so I won't include him.

I think Andre Ward will prove himself top 4 as well.
    The second Diaz fight aside, Marquez' recent level of opposition has been very impressive IMO. I think he's looked old in his last couple of fights and I think his time is getting short, but (to me) it seems like he's still trying to fight the best. He's been trying to land a third Pacquiao fight forever.
    I don't really think he's been impressive for a while. Casamayor, Juan Diaz and Katsidis are the kind of fighters up and comers and new champions face not those at the top of the p4p rankings. Pacquaio gets slated for fighting the likes of Margarito, Cotto and Mosley, even though he's been destroying them.

In comparison Casa, Diaz and Katsidis are B- level fighters and Marquez has gone life and death with all of them. He lost every single round to Floyd who imo carried him through to the final bell.

He's an old warhorse at the same stage as Morales was when Manny finished him and Barrera was when he lost to Marquez himself and Manny for the second time.

Not a factor any more imo.
    When compared to Manny Pacquiao almost any fighter's level of competition pales, he's one of the greatest fighters of all time, but that doesn't mean that Marquez hasn't been fighting high-level opposition. Katsidis was a legitimate opponent who was coming off a complete destruction of a very good, unbeaten fighter, and while the second Diaz fight was a garbage cash-grab, he was considered an excellent fighter when they first met.
    I'm not disputing he's a top world class fighter. I just don't think he's as relavent to boxing any more as Manny, Floyd, Martinez, Donaire, Bradley, Ward etc. Those are the guys who will be fighting to unify belts and fight megafights.

Marquez will probably fight the winner of Morales Maidana and retire.

yea i honestly dont think marquez should be top 5 anymore, hes gotten real old (ring age)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its PURELY Subjective these p4p Rankings so its justified to do that. But i would equate a fighters recent work and the quality of opponent.

Between 4 and 6 is where i wold put Donairre. Pac, Floyd and Marquez are definitely above him.

but potentially That skillset + power on both hands = Scary

Thread Information