Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It was broke, that's as clear as day. What gets me is he literally couldn't want that fight over any faster. No one, not the ref, corner man, Dr. examined him. I think he experienced something he's never felt and he panicked. He is a high strung guy in the ring and just...spazs out. It wasn't luck, wasn't a fluke and save the 'i feel so bad for him'. Every man has a breaking point, mentally and physically and a tolerance level or degree of will to push on. Each has to live with what follows. I honestly think it all hit him in the locker room on camera when he sunk down and was glaring in the mirror. He looked broken, jaw and mind.

On permanent damage etc. Where was his concern for permanent damage when he was hitting Lopez in the base of the skull or ramming his head into Mayweathers face. I don't think a fighter can enter with that kind of mentality at the front of his mind and expect to be at the top of his game. If it's always on the mind he may want to consider another field. I'd imagine trading flush shots round after round has to do far more damage in the long run than anything on the surface.
    On 3 occasions he has quit, it may seem harsh but he's a quitter or some may say a cur,fine dishing it out but can't take it back. A on top fighter with out a doubt.
    But isn't it his choice to quit did he not give 9 rounds that were entertaining as hell Its not like he robbed anyone of a great show, I would understand the criticism if he went out there for 9 rds avoiding exchanges and puting in a non effort and then quit bu he gave 9 exciting rounds, same for the maidana fight that fight was really exciting...so what if he draws the line at broken jaw, or in the maidana fight my face looks like utter shit, I have yet to see him in a shit fight recently, pbf one excluded

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: champs with broken jaws...

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    It was broke, that's as clear as day. What gets me is he literally couldn't want that fight over any faster. No one, not the ref, corner man, Dr. examined him. I think he experienced something he's never felt and he panicked. He is a high strung guy in the ring and just...spazs out. It wasn't luck, wasn't a fluke and save the 'i feel so bad for him'. Every man has a breaking point, mentally and physically and a tolerance level or degree of will to push on. Each has to live with what follows. I honestly think it all hit him in the locker room on camera when he sunk down and was glaring in the mirror. He looked broken, jaw and mind.

On permanent damage etc. Where was his concern for permanent damage when he was hitting Lopez in the base of the skull or ramming his head into Mayweathers face. I don't think a fighter can enter with that kind of mentality at the front of his mind and expect to be at the top of his game. If it's always on the mind he may want to consider another field. I'd imagine trading flush shots round after round has to do far more damage in the long run than anything on the surface.
    On 3 occasions he has quit, it may seem harsh but he's a quitter or some may say a cur,fine dishing it out but can't take it back. A on top fighter with out a doubt.
    But isn't it his choice to quit did he not give 9 rounds that were entertaining as hell Its not like he robbed anyone of a great show, I would understand the criticism if he went out there for 9 rds avoiding exchanges and puting in a non effort and then quit bu he gave 9 exciting rounds, same for the maidana fight that fight was really exciting...so what if he draws the line at broken jaw, or in the maidana fight my face looks like utter shit, I have yet to see him in a shit fight recently, pbf one excluded
    You being from Kentucky no what a cur is, and he's a cur.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a hard time getting behind anyone who thinks athletes, fighters especially, should sacrifice their bodies to their sport.
    The Ortiz, Lopez fight was a great fight until Ortiz decided against more damage to his jaw. I will definitely pay to see the rematch, and I hope it's ASAP. We've all paid for fights, that had less action.
    There is normally a winner and a loser, you can't have one without the other, and they both deserve our respect.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not from kentucky but have lived here for 13 years and I have yet to hear someone refered to as a cur so I actually have no clue what one is

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: champs with broken jaws...

I'm not from kentucky but have lived here for 13 years and I have yet to hear someone refered to as a cur so I actually have no clue what one is
    In other word's gameness, and he has none 3 time quieter so I would say, he has lost peoples
    support. From now on when or if he fights, when you watch him in the back of peoples minds,
    will be not if he quit's but when he quit's.

Thread Information