Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prime David Tua vs prime Mike Tyson who wins ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime David Tua vs prime Mike Tyson who wins ?

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    tyson hammers him i reckon, tua is like shitter version of tyson really. i dont think he does anything better than a prime iron mike except maybe a slightly more solid beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy McClure
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    Prime Tyson would beat the sh!t out of ANYONE .
    Yea beating nobodys.
    homles, spinks, tubbs, tucker,thomas, bruno, berbick,williams, biggs are all nobodys
    Thomas you mean same Thomas that had not long been out of drug rehab ??

Biggs had glass chin and hadn't beaten anybody

Holmes was old shot an washed up if your bringing that win up lets bring up Lewis vs Tyson then

yeah it wasnt a prime holmes but with a prime tyson i think the result would have been somewhat the same. and the same holmes did go on to win a further 20 odd fights after getting smashed by tyson so he wasnt all that washed up. and he also went on to give holyfield all kinds of problems in a very competative fight.

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    Tua by tko in the the 10th.
    man.. i thought i was the only one who thought this could happen. a prime tyson still had a glass chin.. just ask buster douglas

glass chin my a*** mate. the shots that buster douglas KO'd him with would have knocked out most heavy weights (perhaps not holyfield who was a freak when it came to taking shots, and he took pain and punishment management lessons with his wife). buster was on the war path that night and tyson simply didnt train properly and was lazy, and the knock out was also a cumilation of many heavy shots that mike took all night from buster. mike showed a lot of heart in that fight and had far from a glass chin.
    No it wouldn't have Holmes was still doing good against Tyson in that fight yes he went on to other fights but he had very little time to train for Tyson and had been out of the ring for a long time Prime Holmes would win ud and win the same way Douglas did the jab stuck in Mikes face and move and move.
    no way mate. the tyson that lost to douglas was very different to the prime tyson that smashed holmes. talkin shite mate. tyson was a fookin hell of a force for any holmes to take. if he was prime, of 'washed up' as you put it, i'm sure the result would have been the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson hammers him i reckon, tua is like shitter version of tyson really. i dont think he does anything better than a prime iron mike except maybe a slightly more solid beard.
    Yea beating nobodys.
    homles, spinks, tubbs, tucker,thomas, bruno, berbick,williams, biggs are all nobodys

Holmes was old shot an washed up if your bringing that win up lets bring up Lewis vs Tyson then

yeah it wasnt a prime holmes but with a prime tyson i think the result would have been somewhat the same. and the same holmes did go on to win a further 20 odd fights after getting smashed by tyson so he wasnt all that washed up. and he also went on to give holyfield all kinds of problems in a very competative fight.

man.. i thought i was the only one who thought this could happen. a prime tyson still had a glass chin.. just ask buster douglas

glass chin my a*** mate. the shots that buster douglas KO'd him with would have knocked out most heavy weights (perhaps not holyfield who was a freak when it came to taking shots, and he took pain and punishment management lessons with his wife). buster was on the war path that night and tyson simply didnt train properly and was lazy, and the knock out was also a cumilation of many heavy shots that mike took all night from buster. mike showed a lot of heart in that fight and had far from a glass chin.
    No it wouldn't have Holmes was still doing good against Tyson in that fight yes he went on to other fights but he had very little time to train for Tyson and had been out of the ring for a long time Prime Holmes would win ud and win the same way Douglas did the jab stuck in Mikes face and move and move.
    no way mate. the tyson that lost to douglas was very different to the prime tyson that smashed holmes. talkin shite mate. tyson was a fookin hell of a force for any holmes to take. if he was prime, of 'washed up' as you put it, i'm sure the result would have been the same.
    so which tyson got busted up by evander the real deal, a prime tyson or a washed up one??
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea beating nobodys.

so which tyson got busted up by evander the real deal, a prime tyson or a washed up one??
    a washed up tyson who had just done 3yrs prison time and hadnt fought in 4 years! so what do u think fool
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

ICB Guest

Yea beating nobodys.

no way mate. the tyson that lost to douglas was very different to the prime tyson that smashed holmes. talkin shite mate.&#160; tyson was a fookin hell of a force for any holmes to take. if he was prime, of 'washed up' as you put it, i'm sure the result would have been the same.
    Im sick of all these excuses when Tyson beats shot fighters its oh result would of been the same and he gets credit but if Tyson gets beat when he is in his early 20 and maybe *slighty* past it no one gives Douglas credit and Douglas would of got koed if he fought Tyson in his so called unbeatable *peak Tyson* its all nonsense and i don't buy it for a second.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is my longwinded thought on Tyson that I've posted before

man it seems like this is discussed weekly. I have very mixed feelings about Tyson's placement in history. Tyson's wins are against mostly average to decent fighters. Not that this is his fault and not that many fighters(marciano, Louis,holmes etc) don't have the same dilemma in regards to their legacy. I think quite often it wasn't who he beat but the electrifying way he did it. I often ask myself if Tyson was a defensive master who out pointed and embarrassed fighters would we feel the same way? If he was the pernell whitaker of the HW era would he have such a fan base? Tyson embodied what we as fans want in our champion. I think people quite often get wrapped up in the sheer entertainment value of Tyson. His wins over Berbick, Smith, Tucker, Ruddock, tubbs, thomas, biggs etc are impressive in that he cleaned out a division and in the manner he did them but the actual opposition is really just slightly better than average. Tyson has two great wins: the destruction of Spinks and Holmes. Although Holmes went on to several more decent wins I don't think anyone will argue that he was the same man who himself had cleaned out a division. And I don't think we will ever know why spinks gave such a sorry performance never the less the man is blown up LHW not a legit great HW. The biggest problem with grading Tyson's career is that his "prime" was so short. He didn't face any truly good HW's in their prime until late in his career. Obviously Tyson's management decisions and personal demons had a lot to do with his decline as a fighter, but this is a part of who Tyson was as a fighter. He simply didn't have the dedication and focus of other great HW's. I look at him alot like Bowe. They both had all the skills to be ATG's but couldn't capitalize. I don't judge Tyson's career after the Lewis fighter b/c it was obvious he didn't care. That being said whether he came in poorly prepared or not he was beaten soundly by douglas, holy, and Lewis. Great fighters rise to the occasion and Tyson didn't. When he met fighters who weren't intimidated, were bigger, had a decent jab and could back him up and tie him up he was definately frustrated. You dont get to count Tyson's great hand speed and head movement but not his fragile mental psyche and emotional problems. It is not only the great physical tools that make Ali/Robinson/Leonard etc ATG it is their pure dedication to being a fighter. Tyson is one of the greatest power punchers ever, and arguably the most exciting fighter ever. He will stand as an icon in boxing of what might of been, but in my personal oppinion not an all time great fighter and hugely overrated.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    Tua has always struggled with movers and in his prime Tyson could move he was'nt always loading up like he was in late 90's onwards

so true mate, tyson was still learning inthe late 80,s mid 90's and skills where shown in his fighting, the way he movedand countered, but in the late 90's he wanted that big punch he was known for, instead of using his skills and abilities. Tua an the other hand was and still is a very good colourful fighter his fighting style is pretty much same as tysons abck in the day ecept for his speed, tyson was soooo fast he was like a lightweight lol, but back to the question, in their prime this would have been a gala event in all proporsions and i think tyson would have taken the victory by KO in the 3-4th round easy.

mike for me is the greatest fighter not boxer fighter of all time. Ali was the greatest boxer but thats a different story.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People could whine and bitch all they want about Iron Mike but seriously, who wouldnt want to see the Eighties version of Tyson steamroll through the shite around today

Also, Mikes chin is alot better than Tuas.

Tua was knocked stupid by Savon in the amatures and its on youtube somewhere, Tua also never really put up an effort against lewis because he felt some power, a slow out of shape Tyson kept coming forward eating right after right and then still had to be pushed down

Tua has never won a title, let alone become undisputed champ or the youngest

Even Lewis never had to beat a title holder to become champ

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Here is my longwinded thought on Tyson that I've posted before

man it seems like this is discussed weekly. I have very mixed feelings about Tyson's placement in history. Tyson's wins are against mostly average to decent fighters. Not that this is his fault and not that many fighters(marciano, Louis,holmes etc) don't have the same dilemma in regards to their legacy. I think quite often it wasn't who he beat but the electrifying way he did it. I often ask myself if Tyson was a defensive master who out pointed and embarrassed fighters would we feel the same way? If he was the pernell whitaker of the HW era would he have such a fan base? Tyson embodied what we as fans want in our champion. I think people quite often get wrapped up in the sheer entertainment value of Tyson. His wins over Berbick, Smith, Tucker, Ruddock, tubbs, thomas, biggs etc are impressive in that he cleaned out a division and in the manner he did them but the actual opposition is really just slightly better than average. Tyson has two great wins: the destruction of Spinks and Holmes. Although Holmes went on to several more decent wins I don't think anyone will argue that he was the same man who himself had cleaned out a division. And I don't think we will ever know why spinks gave such a sorry performance never the less the man is blown up LHW not a legit great HW. The biggest problem with grading Tyson's career is that his "prime" was so short. He didn't face any truly good HW's in their prime until late in his career. Obviously Tyson's management decisions and personal demons had a lot to do with his decline as a fighter, but this is a part of who Tyson was as a fighter. He simply didn't have the dedication and focus of other great HW's. I look at him alot like Bowe. They both had all the skills to be ATG's but couldn't capitalize. I don't judge Tyson's career after the Lewis fighter b/c it was obvious he didn't care. That being said whether he came in poorly prepared or not he was beaten soundly by douglas, holy, and Lewis. Great fighters rise to the occasion and Tyson didn't. When he met fighters who weren't intimidated, were bigger, had a decent jab and could back him up and tie him up he was definately frustrated. You dont get to count Tyson's great hand speed and head movement but not his fragile mental psyche and emotional problems. It is not only the great physical tools that make Ali/Robinson/Leonard etc ATG it is their pure dedication to being a fighter. Tyson is one of the greatest power punchers ever, and arguably the most exciting fighter ever. He will stand as an icon in boxing of what might of been, but in my personal oppinion not an all time great fighter and hugely overrated.
    Out of all you just said the One thing I can agree on is that Mike lacked mental toughness.

He was tough, he could take a massive punch and keep coming but as soon as he didnt have the security of that original team behind him he just couldnt put the effort in.

When he looked back at his corner in the eighties, he had the best team around and he knew he could sit calm and take instructions from some of the most experienced men in boxing, whereas when he left and went with King, he looked behind him and saw who king could afford, each and everyone, Mike himself could give lessons in boxing to, he had no respect for them.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys really drug this thread out of the history books
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information