Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tommy Hearns

Quote Originally Posted by X
    I just watched ESPN and they showed a special on the REAL Hit Man. It reminded me just how good Tommy Hearns really was - the guy was an asolutely huge welterweight (bloody hell, he was a 6'2" middleweight and was not dwarfed in the light-heavies). He had elongated arms, massive shoulders and blinding speed.

Everyone knows about the right hand, but he was some special boxer as well - not many people outboxed ray Leonard for 3 fights!

He was always fit, never shirked his training and you were guaranteed excitement whenever he fought - one of the most electrifying performers to climb into a ring. Yes, people say his chin was not the best, but when he was stopped (never counted out!) he really took a good shot. He would have been competitive in any era.

Any naysayers out there, or do you want to join me on remembering a true modern great?
    he was a great fighter.....don't kid yourself on that chin though...it had more glass in it than a chandlier.....but the only 2 good enough to test that out were legends Hagler and Leonard....and Leonard got LUCKY!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns would outbox Tito, but would get knocked out. Hearns could win if he didn't get caught, but Hearns only D, was his offense. Against a fighter like that, Tito will catch you, and I doubt Hearns could take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    I just watched ESPN and they showed a special on the REAL Hit Man. It reminded me just how good Tommy Hearns really was - the guy was an asolutely huge welterweight (bloody hell, he was a 6'2" middleweight and was not dwarfed in the light-heavies). He had elongated arms, massive shoulders and blinding speed.

Everyone knows about the right hand, but he was some special boxer as well - not many people outboxed ray Leonard for 3 fights!

He was always fit, never shirked his training and you were guaranteed excitement whenever he fought - one of the most electrifying performers to climb into a ring. Yes, people say his chin was not the best, but when he was stopped (never counted out!) he really took a good shot. He would have been competitive in any era.

Any naysayers out there, or do you want to join me on remembering a true modern great?
    he was a great fighter.....don't kid yourself on that chin though...it had more glass in it than a chandlier.....but the only 2 good enough to test that out were legends Hagler and Leonard....and Leonard got LUCKY!!!!
    Did you watch the Leonard-Hearns fights? Leonard also hurt his chin in the second fight... I think the first fight Leonard sort of was lucky but also he was working up to that point for awhile in the fight once he knew he could hurt Hearns which happened in the 6thish round... then he just waited for the right oppertunity.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt about it, Hearns was the man. Love watching him fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito beat Thomas Hearns ask Kevin Leusing
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He had a good chin. Not great but definately good
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information