Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Steward:Haye Just talks alot, wont fight Klit Bros

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    Haye has zero shot. If he was a white Briton, nobody would even be talking about him.
    Thats stupid. I really don't think race is a factor at all. Plus if a white Briton had unified the crusier division then won a portion of the heavweight title i'm sure people would talk about him.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has zero shot. If he was a white Briton, nobody would even be talking about him.

Wow. Very insightful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Thats stupid. I really don't think race is a factor at all. Plus if a white Briton had unified the crusier division then won a portion of the heavweight title i'm sure people would talk about him.

Hence look at Adamek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

Hence look at Adamek.
    Hence any white HW that manages to do so regardless of where from...Simply because it is a rarity I mean seriously before the KB's who was the top of the line white hwts? Botha and Morrison? They were both average at best

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward is starting to show signs of his dementia now. Haye WILL fight a Klit soon and if it's Wlad he will definitely win by KO. I read that Wlad said after the Chambers fight that Eddie was very very quick?? WTF?? He was shite and just stood there with no foot movement what so ever with his hands up letting Wlad just 1-2 his guard all night. Problem was they were getting through, Haye will be far too quick for Wlad!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Steward is starting to show signs of his dementia now. Haye WILL fight a Klit soon and if it's Wlad he will definitely win by KO. I read that Wlad said after the Chambers fight that Eddie was very very quick?? WTF?? He was shite and just stood there with no foot movement what so ever with his hands up letting Wlad just 1-2 his guard all night. Problem was they were getting through, Haye will be far too quick for Wlad!!
    Eddie was quick but not effective, that's the difference. Also, Wlad was saying that just to be "humble" and "classy", I don't think he's been afraid one second of Eddie and just wanted to show some gentleman-ness
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie was ineffective against Vlad because of Vlad. I actually may favor Eddie in a fight against Haye. Regardless, a victory over Eddie means more than one over Valuev or Ruiz. As does a victory over Ruslan, Thompson, and Sultan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Totally true. Haye doesn't have the stamina nor will to impose himself on Wlad. And that is why we won't see the fight. The guy will milk the UK audiences as long as he can.
    Eh? He does have the stamina. That was what he went to prove in his last fight with Valuev.

How many punches do you need if you can throw the right punches at the right time?

This fight will happen eventually, just wait.
    Personally, I don't think that Haye neither the workrate neither the defense or chin to cope with a piston jab for 5 rounds and then getting broken down by all kind of other punches neither. Haye makes sound because he's a brash mouthed folk and because England needs a boxer to look at but that's about the end of it.
    Broken down by all kinds of punches?? Aside from his Jab, I saw barely any variety from Wlad atall. He tried to throw an incredibly limp uppercut early - midway and threw about 4 left hooks, one which briefly landed right at the end to put Chambers down. The punch output and aggression from Wlad is pathetic.

I think if Haye can keep improving at Heavy, get another fight in after Ruiz, and look to get working with someone like Brother Nazim or Roach on a top top game plan, I think he can beat Wlad. If he uses only Booth, then that is not enough to figure out a way past Wlads jab. If Haye starches Ruiz, which is not out of the question, I reckon Roach Or Richardson would defo be interested for a fight against Wlad, things could get very very interesting indeed. A corner akin to Eddie Chambers at the weekend is pathetic and is a plan to fail. They had absolutely no creative critisism what so ever with regards to technical input towards a game plan or adjusted game plan or anything aside from shouting and hoping for motivation....

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I think thats a bit unfair Miles, he had to be cautious vs such a big guy like Nikolai Valuev. I mean what did people expect ? for David Haye to stand his ground, and let a 300+ pound Heavyweight lean all over him, taking his legs away ?

I actually felt David Haye boxed smart and he won quite comfortably on points, apart from that one cautious peformance which he had to do. When has David Haye ever been cautious ? especially at Heavyweight ?
    The guy boxed as if he was in danger when he was in there vs Valuev.....what the hell does that tell you?

Wlad is on his game and he's going to beat up and stop whoever is put in his way.....if it ends up being the WBA Chump then Wlad will batter him, if it ends up being Povetkin then Wlad will batter him. It's funny because both the WBA chump and Povetkin AND their trainers love to talk shit but when it comes down to putting their fighters in with THE MAN they shy away from it because they are all full of shit.

HBO made a decision based on TIMING and competition...make no doubts about it, Wlad is the the big draw in the division. He sold 50K tickets to a fight vs Eddie friggin Chambers who's only skill other than being a solid (albeit small) boxer is that he had the stones to step in the ring with Wlad.

The way things are going Wlad may end up fighting David Tua before any of these chumps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye does talk alot, backout of fights with the klit bros.....does seem a bit weird......i'd love to see old ruiz pull it off sat night, i've always liked old john ruiz.....the guy always does his best, he's hard to watch but gives it his all

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Eh? He does have the stamina. That was what he went to prove in his last fight with Valuev.

How many punches do you need if you can throw the right punches at the right time?

This fight will happen eventually, just wait.
    Personally, I don't think that Haye neither the workrate neither the defense or chin to cope with a piston jab for 5 rounds and then getting broken down by all kind of other punches neither. Haye makes sound because he's a brash mouthed folk and because England needs a boxer to look at but that's about the end of it.
    Broken down by all kinds of punches?? Aside from his Jab, I saw barely any variety from Wlad atall. He tried to throw an incredibly limp uppercut early - midway and threw about 4 left hooks, one which briefly landed right at the end to put Chambers down. The punch output and aggression from Wlad is pathetic.

I think if Haye can keep improving at Heavy, get another fight in after Ruiz, and look to get working with someone like Brother Nazim or Roach on a top top game plan, I think he can beat Wlad. If he uses only Booth, then that is not enough to figure out a way past Wlads jab. If Haye starches Ruiz, which is not out of the question, I reckon Roach Or Richardson would defo be interested for a fight against Wlad, things could get very very interesting indeed. A corner akin to Eddie Chambers at the weekend is pathetic and is a plan to fail. They had absolutely no creative critisism what so ever with regards to technical input towards a game plan or adjusted game plan or anything aside from shouting and hoping for motivation....
    His uppercuts are quite neat too, like for the Austin fight for example. I've seen Wlad throwing load of different punches during his career but the thing is: Just with his long range and powerful jab he can to all the damage necessary to then finish his opponents with a powerful straight or a hook. Why would he take some other risks if it does work? I reckon it might not be the best for the show but on a purely effective point of view, it's extremely effective.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Eddie was quick but not effective, that's the difference. Also, Wlad was saying that just to be "humble" and "classy", I don't think he's been afraid one second of Eddie and just wanted to show some gentleman-ness
    Seeing which heavyweight he follows I could see how that little show of class would be a bit over his head.

Eddie's quicker than the guy fighting Ruiz tomorrow and he throws straighter punches too.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    I've heard that argument too often....Wlad throws different punches WHEN HE HAS TO.

Sure he relies on the 1-2 a bunch but his left hook is the best in the division!!! Sure I assume people will either search for someone who FEATURES a left hook or even cite the poor state of the division as to why Wlad has the best jab, best right cross, and best left hook in the division....but the facts are his left hook and right cross are as effective as they are because his jab is so great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_sWnawpU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtfMDVGJdxM

When the 1-2 is stopped by someone, maybe Wlad will change it up, but why the hell tamper with success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Seeing which heavyweight he follows I could see how that little show of class would be a bit over his head.

Eddie's quicker than the guy fighting Ruiz tomorrow and he throws straighter punches too.
    David Haye is faster than Chambers.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    David Haye is faster than Chambers.
    ...when it comes to running away from Wladimir, yes by all means he makes Usain Bolt look like a snail

BOOM! Set 'em up and I knock 'em down

Thread Information