Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Floyd needs to fight Manny Pacquiao now... quit duckin' the dude.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd needs to fight Manny Pacquiao now... quit duckin' the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    The Pacquiao/Mayweather horse has long since bolted & ended up in a Tesco 'beef' ready meal.

The time for them to fight was 2008/2009; sadly, in 2013, the fight no longer has the lustre it once had.

I think it does honestly. If they made this fight the next fight it would out sell the Alvarez fight. Its still the fight everyone wants to see but it seems to be pushed under the rug
    right now by the mainstream media.

This fight would have no problem being hyped up and it would be the biggest fight since Holyfield Tyson.
    I think you bang on, people say its not interesting anymore but it's probably the only true last mega fight out there if pacman walks through rios

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want this fight to happen because I don't want to see these assholes make the money they would fighting each other.

PBF vs Pac would have been the fight of the century, but because they are BOTH prima donnas and one is represented by a scumbag, the ship sailed.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't understand why people here are actually against this fight happening. It is bound to be better than the piece of shit fights we have seen with Floyd lately. Which I mean the competition.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is THEE only fight out there that folks can consider a test for Floyd... let's look at the possibilities, at Welter up to Middle:

1. Tim Bradley- Floyd probably embarrasses him

2. Amir Khan- Floyd probably embarrasses him

3. Danny Garcia- Floyd wins easily

4. Sergio Martinez- Martinez has already said he will NOT fight at a catch-weight below his current Middleweight limit

5. GGG- While it would be entertaining, and certainly not a cake walk like Canelo was, GGG is a Middleweight and Floyd may not want that. But, if it happens, it will be a boring fight because Floyd would be FORCED to run all night long and probably win an unfair decision, due to lack of activity in the fight.

6. Devon Alexander- Floyd wins an easy UD.

There are no other fights out there that anyone of us would CONSIDER a decent test for Floyd other than Manny and GGG, with the latter probably not happening, ever.

But, alas, Floyd's last 4 fights will most likely end up with (in the order I think it will happen if all else goes to plan):
    1. Devon Alexander
    2. Amir Khan
    3. Tim Bradley
    4. Sergio Martinez

Garcia probably doesn't enter into the mix, unless the offer him a shitload of money- he wouldn't want the loss. Because, what would it do for him when he AND we all know he can't possibly beat Floyd.

A good fight for the Garcia camp to probably make happen and drumbeat heavily for it would be against either Devon Alexander or Adrien Broner- with the possibly Broner fight a HUGE PPV payday for both of them.

In fact, a Garcia/Broner fight is just what the sport needs right now after what we witnessed with Floyd's destruction of Canelo. Something with some action and merit to it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    People forget that their common opponents, Cotto, DLH and Mosely... Pac-man DESTROYED THEM, while Floyd had his toughest fights ever.

Manny shouldn't have had that Marquez 4th fight. It was clear that Arum was gonna make them fight until Marquez "won"...

Styles make fights. If I fought and prepared for a guy 3 times, one of those 3 times I would win.

Give me a break- plus, Manny was kicking Marquez's ass before he got caught. KICKING HIS ASS!!!

Marquez was clearly juiced up. Funny how no one looked into that??
    Stop your blabbering. You don't know shite about boxing. "Styles make fights"...thank you genius. Floyd has the perfect style to school Manny. And PLEASE stop using the usual Pac fanatic excuse that Marquez won the last fight because of the juice. Karma is a bitch...Pac is just as suspicious for doping. Floyd doesn't need Pac. He just cashed the biggest check in boxing history..while Manny is about to fight in China. Get over it and move on.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    People forget that their common opponents, Cotto, DLH and Mosely... Pac-man DESTROYED THEM, while Floyd had his toughest fights ever.

Manny shouldn't have had that Marquez 4th fight. It was clear that Arum was gonna make them fight until Marquez "won"...

Styles make fights. If I fought and prepared for a guy 3 times, one of those 3 times I would win.

Give me a break- plus, Manny was kicking Marquez's ass before he got caught. KICKING HIS ASS!!!

Marquez was clearly juiced up. Funny how no one looked into that??
    Stop your blabbering. You don't know shite about boxing. "Styles make fights"...thank you genius. Floyd has the perfect style to school Manny. And PLEASE stop using the usual Pac fanatic excuse that Marquez won the last fight because of the juice. Karma is a bitch...Pac is just as suspicious for doping. Floyd doesn't need Pac. He just cashed the biggest check in boxing history..while Manny is about to fight in China. Get over it and move on.
    STFU. We don't give fighters victories until they actually fight. The Floyd/Manny fight can surpass the DLH and Canelo fight EASILY...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Mayweathwer nuthuggers are out in FULL force. Disgraceful!!!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha! Calm down. No one gives a shit about your opinions.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Haha! Calm down. No one gives a shit about your opinions.
    Well, don't read and respond- EFF OFF!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get all this anti-Manny backlash. "The ship has sailed".... "he didn't want it back when it would've meant something".... "he's damaged goods".

SO?

Who the hell is out there that will give Floyd a competitive fight? Are we to throw another hype job at him? C'mon.... really? I say if Manny beats Rios convincingly, there's not a hell of a lot of other options out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't get all this anti-Manny backlash. "The ship has sailed".... "he didn't want it back when it would've meant something".... "he's damaged goods".

SO?

Who the hell is out there that will give Floyd a competitive fight? Are we to throw another hype job at him? C'mon.... really? I say if Manny beats Rios convincingly, there's not a hell of a lot of other options out there.
    But how competitive would the fight be judging from Pacquio's recent fights that he's not at his peak?
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SO?

And that's really where it is. Manny would give a very competitive fight... Arum should die, now.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post

SO?

But how competitive would the fight be judging from Pacquio's recent fights that he's not at his peak?
    Wasn't Manny robbed in the Bradley fight? Also wasn't he beating Marquez before he got dropped?

He hasn't lost much of a step to me... if I fought Mike Tyson 4 times in a row, I would win one if I were a professional fighter. Marquez won on the averages.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SO?

I'm not saying Pacquaio would necessarily win. I'm just saying it would probably definitely be more competitive than the whitewash we saw Saturday night. And Pacquiao has the career credentials to be in there with Floyd. Who else is there? People are grasping at straws with Martinez, but the truth of the matter is there's not much out there. At this point, Pac is as good as, or better, than any other opponent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SO?

I'm not saying Pacquaio would necessarily win. I'm just saying it would probably definitely be more competitive than the whitewash we saw Saturday night. And Pacquiao has the career credentials to be in there with Floyd. Who else is there? People are grasping at straws with Martinez, but the truth of the matter is there's not much out there. At this point, Pac is as good as, or better, than any other opponent.
    Yeah your definately right in saying his credentials are up there and any hope of Floyd fighting a middle weight shows the state of the fighters in his own division. But I think we should wait to see what sort of Pacquio is going to show up in November to see how competitive he could be against Floyd.
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Thread Information