Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury not applying for new Boxing License

Wilder won Bronze when he was just 21, doesn't that mean anything?

I don't put a lot of stock into medals, yeah it shows that they have something but it doesn't always translate into the pro game and

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all realize Wilder is out there trashing AJ and calling for the fight while AJ just keeps saying later later later? They said they needed another fight 2 years ago, earlier this year it had gotten to they need 3 more fights, now they say it may be 2020 before they fight Wilder.

You UK fans need to step up and stop defending this nonsense and make some demands of your fighters. The recent hubbub is Vitali coming out of retirement to fight AJ FFS!

If you all allow your fighters to pimp you out they will pimp you out. Look at Haye.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Wilder won Bronze when he was just 21, doesn't that mean anything?
    It means something in amateur boxing but not a whole lot in professional boxing. It’s an achievement but they’re both professionals now and Wilder has had nearly twice as many fights and he’s been fighting at a higher level. Yes AJ beat Wlad but Klitschko was 41 coming off a one sided defeat and the longest layoff of his career and at that he almost had AJ out!

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    You all realize Wilder is out there trashing AJ and calling for the fight while AJ just keeps saying later later later? They said they needed another fight 2 years ago, earlier this year it had gotten to they need 3 more fights, now they say it may be 2020 before they fight Wilder.

You UK fans need to step up and stop defending this nonsense and make some demands of your fighters. The recent hubbub is Vitali coming out of retirement to fight AJ FFS!

If you all allow your fighters to pimp you out they will pimp you out. Look at Haye.
    Stop believing everything you read.

AJ has just beat the 2 d best heavyweight in the division

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

? Wilder has literally had twice as many fights as Joshua. AJ stepped up by fighting Wlad because Fury went cuckoo. Joshua is not the one dragging his feet and messing about.

Joshua is fighting one of his mandatories he is hardly pimping the fans out. How is fighting Wlad then Pulev nonsense? Who is Wilder? Can he fill a living room?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder was going to Russia to fight Povetkin and then he was going to fight the unbeaten Ortiz... it’s not his fault those two decided they needed to juice up to beat him.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your inability or refusal to read between the lines is frightening. They'll fight 2018. When Joshua says it could be 2019, 2020, please say it registers with you that he's taking the piss out of the 'fight everyone immediately' brigade.

But keep on keeping on thinking Wilder is the good guy because he calls people names on the internet
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never said Wilder was a good guy. I hate Wilder. I like AJ. But just like with Thurman I deal with all fighters the same. I argue against whoever is the one delaying a fight. It is clearly AJ delaying this one. He has said it repeatedly himself. But you lot keep defending it.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never said Wilder was a good guy. I hate Wilder. I like AJ. But just like with Thurman I deal with all fighters the same. I argue against whoever is the one delaying a fight. It is clearly AJ delaying this one. He has said it repeatedly himself. But you lot keep defending it.
    AJ loses his alphabet belt if he does not defend it. There is no point trying to unify the division if they are going to strip him of the titles.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Define delaying the fight. If you're saying Joshua is throwing a spanner in the works of serious negotiation here then fine. But if you're talking one guy shouting off on the interwebs saying fight!!!! and the other saying Im bored with this same question we'll fight when I tell you we'll fight, there really is no need to discuss it further and there really is nothing to defend.

It says everything when a 19-0 guy who's won, defended and unified World titles is being accused of stalling a guy who has double the fights and fought no one of real note, just because his responses on social media don't quite quench the thirst of some.

In your World, Joshua fights Wilder next. Lets say he wins. Parker after that? Then where? Retire for a while, wait for Dubois or Joyce to come through, hope Fury shapes up?

It's a romantic notion to want the best to fight the best every single time. But it's not a very realistic one.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good thing isn't it? We didn't actually think that he would shed those two Strawweights he has tucked under his shirt and get serious again did we.

Thread Information