Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah on HBO - July 23 - who ya got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah on HBO - July 23 - who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    I think Judah's speed and southpaw stance may cause Khan a lot of problems and if he lands a big shot on Khan I think it may be all over. Judah is a much better finisher than Maidana and if Khan gets hurt like he did in that fight then I do believe it will be all over.

This is the fight I was hoping for at 140 even when Khan was in talks with Bradley and I am delighted it is happening, a real hard one to pick for me but if it goes past the 6th I think Khan is in with a great chance, I expect Judah to be at least ahead at that point though if not in the dressing room celebrating victory.
    I have to disagree on that.

Judah is a terrible finisher. Look for example in fights against Cotto, Tszyu, etc.

He was able to hurt those guys and couldn't take advantage.
    Both of who have good recovery powers and neither were hurt anywhere near like Khan was against Maidana.
    True but for Khan to get past what Maidana was doing to him in those late rounds shows he to, has good instincts when hurt.

Maidana is relentless yet Khan got past that and went on to win. Judah just doesn't have that same killer instinct that Maidana has when someone is hurt plus he doesn't have the same power as Maidana.

I bet Judah stuns Khan with a left hand at some point but i'm also willing to bet, he does nothing about it.
    Judah has a lot more punches in his armory though where as everything Maidana does is power punch. When Prescott KO'd Khan he used his jab to set up the power punches, he actually almost Knocked him down with a jab. Maidana swung wildly when Khan was hurt, if he had set up his big shots he would have finished him. Judah is a good enough all round boxer to do that if Khan gets hurt.

If Judah hits Khan with the uppercut he landed on Tszyu in the first round though Khan will not get up never mind stay up like Tszyu did.
    Judah does have a better array of punches but he isn't as relentless as Maidana nor does he have the power that Maidana has.

The Prescott fight is a bad example, especially considering since then Khan has improved loads. He defends better, has better footwork, throws better array of punches, etc. I even think Khan moving up in weight improved his punch resistance slightly.

Judah will catch Khan probably, but your totally overating Judah's power. He has good pop but he's not a one shot ko type of fighter. It doesn't help him either that he only fights for 4 rounds in a fight. He's just not good enough to stop and beat Khan at this point.
    Judah definitely has the power to KO Khan. Of that I have no doubt. I'm not saying he will but it would not be a shock at all if he does. Maidana should have set up his big shots instead of just swinging wildly, that is the point I am making, if Judah hurts Khan in that way i'm pretty confident he will not just telegraph wild swinging punches at a staggering target like Maidana did.
    Maidana was tired by those late rounds, he had no choice but to swing wildly especially with time running out.

Judah always swings recklessly when he has someone hurt and he rarely lands. he's just not a good finisher.
    Watch this video and tell me Judah can't finish. And that is against someone with a far far better chin than Khan. He lets his hands go yes but he certainly lands. Maidana struggled to land on a very old washed up Morales, yet he had Khan seriously hurt.

Also from the first fight watch around 4:44. If that shot hits Khan, it will be lights out. Judah can punch FACT.

That was 6 years ago, look at his recent fights. Judah could punch and he still does have some pop but he hasn't stopped anyone of note in a long time.

I have already said he has the power to hurt Khan but i don't think he is a good enough finisher to actually stop Khan.

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this or it will go on forever lol.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6years is a lifetime in boxing.
    Judah 'may' have enough pop to stun Khan. Not long to find out and let a little more hating out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    I think Khan will win a unanimous decision in a boring fight , I cant stand the man he is coming accross as very greedy and arrogant person with his dealings with SKY for instance , who in there right mind would pay £15 ppv against McCloskey, when Sky wanted to down size the card and pay less money , he threw his dummy out of the pram , and went to Primetime he is being advised very badly IMO , SKY is the only place to be on british TV .
    Well considering Primetime sold enough Khan - McCloskey ppvs to rake in over £1m, i'd say he made a good decision. He easily got paid more than the £100k he would have received from Sky.

Khan signed a contract with Sky where he was due to make somewhere around £1m. A week before the fight, sky remove it from ppv, so Khan would only make £100k. He's well within his rights to look elsewhere. I don't understand how it constitutes him throwing his dummy out. Sky basically fucked him over, albeit, inadvertently.

Khan is with the richest and most popular promoter in the sport and he's a regular on HBO. The difference in earnings between Sky and Primetime will be chump change to him. Infact, i'd imagine Primetime would be the better option anyway considering Sky's new boxing budget comes into play pretty soon. They're clamping down big time. Khan's probably jumped ship at the right time.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I think Khan will win a unanimous decision in a boring fight , I cant stand the man he is coming accross as very greedy and arrogant person with his dealings with SKY for instance , who in there right mind would pay £15 ppv against McCloskey, when Sky wanted to down size the card and pay less money , he threw his dummy out of the pram , and went to Primetime he is being advised very badly IMO , SKY is the only place to be on british TV .
    Well considering Primetime sold enough Khan - McCloskey ppvs to rake in over £1m, i'd say he made a good decision. He easily got paid more than the £100k he would have received from Sky.

Khan signed a contract with Sky where he was due to make somewhere around £1m. A week before the fight, sky remove it from ppv, so Khan would only make £100k. He's well within his rights to look elsewhere. I don't understand how it constitutes him throwing his dummy out. Sky basically fucked him over, albeit, inadvertently.

Khan is with the richest and most popular promoter in the sport and he's a regular on HBO. The difference in earnings between Sky and Primetime will be chump change to him. Infact, i'd imagine Primetime would be the better option anyway considering Sky's new boxing budget comes into play pretty soon. They're clamping down big time. Khan's probably jumped ship at the right time.
    Sky has far more selling potential though. Haye has just made around £15 million for a fight he lost. Khan only made £250,000 for his last fight. Hatton made a fortune with Sky too. It is definitely the place to be over here. Haye managed to negotiate a deal where he was getting £5 per PPV sold for the Valuev fight. If Khan could make himself more popular over here and then negotiate a deal like that he could make lots more.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Sky has far more selling potential though. Haye has just made around £15 million for a fight he lost. Khan only made £250,000 for his last fight. Hatton made a fortune with Sky too. It is definitely the place to be over here. Haye managed to negotiate a deal where he was getting £5 per PPV sold for the Valuev fight. If Khan could make himself more popular over here and then negotiate a deal like that he could make lots more.
    I do agree, but Primetime is a TV station on Sky, and is available to anybody who has Sky, so i don't see how it will make a big difference. The only difference is probably the advertising. Sky might spend more money marketing the fight. Having said that, they made a fuckery of the Khan - McCloskey promotions anyway.

Priimetime are an independant Boxing channel and have much, much less overheads than Sky so it doesn't need to sell as well as Sky does, in order to pay the fighters. Sky have already started working under next years Boxing budget and they're clamping down big time on the amounts they pay their fighters. Khan would still make a mint with them, but while he's fighting the likes of Judah, Bradley, Alexander, Morales etc, the difference between what he'll earn from Primetime compared to Sky will be negligible. The only time it will make a big difference would be if he was to fight a superstar like Mayweather, in which case, Sky would bend over backwards to bring him back.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully the yanks will dislike him as much over here.

Thread Information